Weigh-in - How often do you do it?

Options

Replies

• K8EYDID
    K8EYDID Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not every day, but usually every 2-3 days. I tend to be heavier on Wed/Thurs, lighter on Fri/Sat, then somewhere in the middle on Monday, fluctuating 1-1.5 #'s. I only log losses or steady if 1 week goes by.and no loss.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nearly daily to check (not obsessively, just kind of keeping tabs) when I am in the early / fast phase of my weight loss. Then when it slows if I miss a few days it's no big deal. I only count my official weigh ins weekly but I've started updating my apps more often than that for accuracy of the calculations.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and I only log losses too :)
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Daily:blushing:
  • leetime4me
    leetime4me Posts: 20
    Options
    Every day because I don't like surprises and it's what I plan on doing when I am at goal to stay on top of things and not let weight get out of hand EVER again! I only track my weight on MFP when I've lost and its been 10 days since a loss so i need to really try harder!
  • jesska812
    jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Every morning - it's a habit I want to get out of but as much as its annoying to think about it all the time it does keep me motivated when I see the number shrinking :)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    "Official" weigh in is every Tues morning first thing!
  • kala_rebecca
    Options
    I try to weigh once a week. Sometimes I do it less often, sometimes more. I don't like doing it everyday because my weight fluctuates and when it goes up that really bums me out.
  • Priyaup
    Priyaup Posts: 2
    Options
    Weighing in, can be so traumatic sometimes, you can see 1-3 lbs worth of changes between days, which could be due to water weight or just the actual weight of the food you just ate (which is not even absorbed yet!) For accurate results, weighing in the same day every week is best. To make it highly accurate, weigh yourself in the morning after you go to the bathroom, on the same scale, in the same clothes (whether thats in your night clothes, or underclothes, etc), at the same time. This really tells you what you've genuinely lost or gained. Good luck!!!!
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday, but I only log about once a week or 2 first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and always in my underwear.
    I know I gain and lose throughout the week and it doesn't bug me one bit. I'm not really concerned with the number but how I feel.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Once a day, first thing in the morning. Twice a day if I'm bored. I find it helps me to not freak out if, for some reason, I get a randomly high scale reading. However, I usually only record once a week, or if there is apparent weight loss during the week. :)
  • vmessyness
    vmessyness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    once a week, on monday morning as soon as i've woken up and used the bathroom.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Pretty much daily, and I too only log losses.
  • jokwank
    jokwank Posts: 1
    Options
    i do it a few times a day. Just to track how much i am eating and how much i am "outputing." haha
    but official weigh-ins every 2 days.

i just do it often since certain foods have high sodium and it seems to make me gain a couple of pounds.

i am still trying to figure out how my body react to certain foods.

I think it's good to weigh often when you are trying to lose weight in the beginning to see how your body react.
    But have an "offical weigh-in" twice a week. especial if your goal is to lose 2 pounds a week like i am.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I log my weight almost everyday. I like seeing the graph. I only pay attention to the valleys. These are the losses. The rest are just fluctuations. That's normal. As long as I'm seeing a valley every so often, I know I'm on track. Now thanks to someone else on here, I've gotten used to looking at night too and now I'm getting pretty good about predicting what it will be the next morning and figuring patterns out. But even then sometimes it will surprise me. No big deal. Just look at the valley. Am I losing weight over time? Yep. That's what matters. Our weight fluctuations naturally daily. No need to be bummed by it. I don't like my ticker changing but if I want to see my daily graphed, then I accept the ticker moving too. It's my journey and no one else's anyway. So what do I really care? Ha! I don't. It's going down, down, down. It really looks like a lot of M's. It's kinda fun to guess. Whatever floats our boats. The important thing is to know your personality. I've been daily weighing for years even when I'm not overweight so I don't find it a big deal. The graphing, on the other hand, is a bit fun and motivational for me.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I weigh in officially 1x a week, which is on Mondays. That is the time I log it on MFP. Otherwise, I weigh myself a few times a day sometimes.. boredom, or what, I'm not sure but I always do lol. I have figured out that my weigh fluctuates a lot between days or time of day, so I don't think too much about it. Monday is when it counts for me :smile:

Exactly the same for me
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Daily... anyone that manages to only weigh themselves once a week is my idol. Seriously.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It used to be once a week on Monday at 10am but I've lapsed for bit as I can see progress without needing the faff of firing up the Wii ;)

To be honest if the belt continues to need tightening then I'm happy and the numbers are irrelevant.

Seeing as body mass lost is a combination of fat and muscle (more of the former hopefully, adequate protein should help retain the latter) then I wouldn't sweat it if I gained some as long as The Belt rules.

I might step on tomorrow just for fun.

(edit) As an aside I used to weigh myself every day in the early days of this fitness drive and the variance due to water weight just made it an exercise in frustration, for me anyway.
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    I weigh every morning right after waking up, and log it on a spreadsheet. Then at the end of every week, at the bottom of the column it averages the weights for the week. That's my official "weight" for the week. For me, personally, there were just too many variables to trust the once a week weigh in. I do body measurements once a month.

It worked for me that way, but whatever works for you is what works for you!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    i weigh myself öfficially once a week in the morning before i eat, but sometimes i check mid week just for curiousity my weigh day is tuesday i lost 2 pounds friday since starting and weighed myself again today and i lost another 6