How can I find out if he's single?!

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    A tricky-sneaky way: End up talking about apartments somehow and ask about his roommates. That is pretty safe, and then if he has a significant other living with him, he'll tell you. (e.g. "Oh, no, I live with my girlfriend, Cindy...blah blah blah")
    Oooh, I kinda like this idea. This is something I can work with :)

This is the best thing I've seen!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options

Tee hee, yes we are. Ok, done that; no apparent relatives. I bet he has a girlfriend, sigh. They always do. I should just drop it now.

That is more than often not the case, or at the very least we are not with someone we do not plan on replacing at some point. Flirt with the guy and see where it goes. If you two are friends in the slightest then asking about his relationship status is not off base.
  • 12ecoiL
    12ecoiL Posts: 12
    Options
    Hire me.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Ask him what he for up to on the wekekend if he doesn't give the game away, like says "just went camping, had a good weekend" then ask him if he went with friends or something... Perfectly legit questions, without giving anything away. I can usually find out this stuff about a girl in a short conversation.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should stalk him! Holy moly...moly, moly, moly...

Go for the note Teena! Then flash a cute little smile with your sexy new haircut and you'll be golden girl! You're a hot momma! Worst case, he'll be flattered if he's taken. Best case, you have a sexy new lunch partner! :smokin:

You know you'll have to keep us posted on this one. Just sayin! :wink:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I'm quite scared how many people's first answer was a list of sites you can stalk him on... :/

Makes me feel more normal for not adding girls on fb for the first few months.

Just chat to him about general chit chat and it will come out sooner or later. Don't just walk up and ask him, that ruins the whole mystery and the messing about, which is one of the fun bits.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to just ask him. Why can't guys just sense that I'm single and I like them?! Ugh, guys....

For starters... change your profile photo. The poor guy is probably going crazy hoping you are single and interested and when he looks you up on facebook and mfp all he sees are pictures of you with some other dude! LOL

4863441_2703.jpg

See what I mean??? Who's this scary dude?
    ^^^
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to just ask him. Why can't guys just sense that I'm single and I like them?! Ugh, guys....

For starters... change your profile photo. The poor guy is probably going crazy hoping you are single and interested and when he looks you up on facebook and mfp all he sees are pictures of you with some other dude! LOL

4863441_2703.jpg

^^^

What if that's him?! That would definitely put me off! lol
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't know what country you're in...if you're in the US, you can use whitepages.org and put in his name, city, etc. It should give you an address if he's on public record. If someone lives with him at that address, then it will also show up.

Let the record show that ladies are damn good at this whole Internet research thing. Brahs beware.

WOMEN ARE NATURAL STALKERS
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options

4863441_2703.jpg

^^^

What if that's him?! That would definitely put me off! lol

If that was HIM she wouldn't be posing the question.
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options
    Just be yourself. Ask if he'd like to join you for lunch. He'll have to talk to you about something then let the conversation take it's natural course.
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You could always ask how his weekend was, what he got up to and if he spent it with his girlfriend>? - Oh, you don't have one?! ... :D
  • lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    Avoid workplace relationships. If anything avoid dating the intern, the IT guy and most importantly your boss.

Urrrggh. He is one of these.

I guess we'll change the subject, then and talk about thigh gaps and eating back my exercise calories.

If he's the IT guy, subtle will never work.
  • lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    1. go up to person you like
    2. do you have a boyfriend/wife?
    3. Yes i do! (look like this -_- ) No (proceed to ask if he will be free one day) set up date.

If yes: To bad, I have a friend that would be perfect for you.
    Always come in with an exit strategy.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If he's the IT guy, ask him how he likes Diablo III. Then ask if his girlfriend is getting sick of him playing it all the time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I have a wee mini crush on someone I work with. I don't know if he's married, or in a relationship, or single and available. I'd like to know so that I can (appropriately and subtly) flirt with him, or NOT flirt with him and therefore not make a fool of myself.

So how can I find out without asking him, or asking anyone else (making it obvious I'm interested in him)? Tact is needed. Help! x
    Ask him where he last took his SO (if he has one) on their last date out. Tell him your looking for ideas where to go.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Did you try just asking?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I have a wee mini crush on someone I work with. I don't know if he's married, or in a relationship, or single and available. I'd like to know so that I can (appropriately and subtly) flirt with him, or NOT flirt with him and therefore not make a fool of myself.

So how can I find out without asking him, or asking anyone else (making it obvious I'm interested in him)? Tact is needed. Help! x

are...you...seeing...anybody?
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Facebook?
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options

4863441_2703.jpg

^^^

Hahahaha you guys are all hilarious. This is me with my drunken BROTHER at Beerfest last summer!