BAD GIRL!!!

Options
So I said screw it this weekend and didnt count calories. My kids had 6 baseball games this weekend and I cant lie I hit up the snack shack for some tastey nachos. UUUUUGH SOOOO mad at myself. But the worse part about it is that Im starving now bc I let myself eat aweful all weekend. Anyone else ever cheat on the weekends??? :sad: :explode: :angry: :mad:

Replies

• g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! I took my kids to play soccer last night. We got there at 5 o'clock. Its an indoor soccer facility and we were the only ones there (I have 3 kids) on the free for all field. There was a birthday on the other field. So I jumped it and we played dodgeball and soccer for 90 straight minutes. I was exhausted and so were they. As we were sitting there getting a drink of water, one of the parents comes over with a WHOLE pizza and said that they have a lot of leftovers. Oh man, I haven't eaten pizza in MONTHS!

So, I grabbed a slice and ate it, to be courteous of course. Well, one of my kids only ate half their slice and being a good dad...lol...finished it for them.

Let me tell you the stomach ache that followed last night...ah....I felt like I would have been better off eating a soccer ball....anyways, I ate some broccoli before bed and drank my full glass of fiber this morning. I drank about 6 glass of water before I went to bad last night. Today, its mostly going to be a liquid day. I cannot wait to get rid of this pizza.

So...yeah, it happens, then our bodies remind us why we don't eat like that..lol :grumble:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    awww, wook at her wittle baby binge, so cute
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I blew it this weekend too. My youngest is leaving for the whole summer so we went to an amusement park and the drive in movie, Wow....what crap that we had this weekend. Just sucking it up and getting back at it today.
  • slowlysteadily
    slowlysteadily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I frequently cheat at weekends, but that's partly planned. I deliberately go easier so that I can reward myself a little on Saturday and Sunday after a week of sticking to the plan. If I had the willpower to be strong every day of the week, 365 days of the year, that would be wonderful, but for me it doesn't work. I don't have the "denied" foods like chocolate, candy, desserts or soda at weekends but I am usually more relaxed about hitting my exact calorie target. Don't worry too much about two days off, provided it is something you can pull back by next weekend.

SS
  • slowlysteadily
    Options
    So, I grabbed a slice and ate it, to be courteous of course. Well, one of my kids only ate half their slice and being a good dad...lol...finished it for them.
    Let me tell you the stomach ache that followed last night...ah....I felt like I would have been better off eating a soccer ball....

I am fine with proper fresh pizza made right there in front of me, but chain pizza like Domino or Pizza-La does give me the kind of reaction you describe. There must be some strange stuff in there...

SS
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think my 5 days on, 2 days off approach was what had me stuck for a long time. I've just recently decided that I am going to be "good" on weekends too (maybe a glass of wine or something, I"m not saying it's all carrots and lettuce). Anyway now that I don't give myself those days off I've seen a much bigger boost in weight loss. But that said, today's a new day, don't beat yourself up and you're not BAD!!!:drinker:
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    I think it is totally fine to eat at the ballpark! I spend most of the time chasing kids, so I burn it off before I even leave!

The loaded Nachos at Turner Field in Hotlanta are beyond sinful. I have dreams about those nachos.

not kidding
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't get down and discouraged. We all have had times we let go and eat things we shouldn't, trust me I did sunday myself. The trick is that you get right back to what you were doing to lose weight. I feel it's ok to have a cheat day every once and a while, not every other day but maybe once every 2 weks. If you don't then you will eventually crack and binge and not continue on with to your goals.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention the peanut butter and fluff sandwich I ate for lunch yesterday!!
  • krissyliz78
    Options
    Binge no..... Eat too much no.....ate crap yes!!!
  • krissyliz78
    Options
    U at least ran around for 90 min B4 you ate the pizza.... I use to be guilty too and finish my kids food. I dont like letting good food go to waste!!
  • slowlysteadily
    Options
    I think my 5 days on, 2 days off approach was what had me stuck for a long time.
    I can certainly see the potential for this - one has to be careful even when allowing oneself a little slack...
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    U at least ran around for 90 min B4 you ate the pizza.... I use to be guilty too and finish my kids food. I dont like letting good food go to waste!!

I was the same way. I was raised that if I put it on my plate I better eat it. I hate food being wasted. Specially when money has been tight.
  • trink68
    trink68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lmao dont feel bad....i said same thing.lived on the grill this past weekend including a 20 oz sirloin :-) .....only way to stay sane!
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with falling off the wagon or cheating on occasion - it keeps the body guessing. Just get back to a healthy eating pattern for the rest of the week and you'll be fine!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I had a weekend of Food and drink debauchery

Friday - pizza and soda
    Saturday - taco bell for lunch and 2.5 beers at a wedding reception
    Sunday - biscuits and gravy for breakfast, a blizzard, and skyline for dinner.

I'm feeling it today. I feel fat and sluggish and the scale was mad at me... :-/
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    sounds like a normal weekend to me. I just try to get in an above average workout to compensate
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Every weekend for me is CHEAT weekend! I eat whatever I want! However, I am very strict during the week. I think my body appreciates the fact I eat "real" food on the weekends & has rewarded me with pounds lost on the scale. :bigsmile:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Meh.

I routinely over eat and on garbage foods for my cheat days. If I didnt', I'd probably quit and stop losing weight and be 800 pounds.

For me, I know I'm not willing to give up delicious and naughty food for the rest of my life. .... So I eat healthy and cheat when I want to. It prevents me from saying Eff it, I'd rather be dead than starving.