Alchohol and weight

Options
124»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Nope. I can handle just as much now as I ever could.

It's because I'm Scottish. Those genes don't care how skinny you are, they insist you drink, and drink generously.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The problem is CARBOHYDRATES.

In a word, alcohol + carbohydrates == massive increase in body fat.

However if YOU ARE IN FACT someone who has a very moderate carb intake, I can personally attest that prue alcohol intake, as such, does not - necessarily - lead to body fat.

(I drank a massive, indeed ridiculous, amount of wine while losing 30-40 kg. (70, 80 pounds.) HOWEVER it is essential to realise I have a really precise controlled intake of 72 grams carbs per day, only, unvarying, all year, the magic number.)

in a word - forget beer. you can never drink it. it is the "perfect" potion of alcohol plus carbohydrates. Just forget it. You can never drink beer - it's out.

**IF** you are a Dr Lutz devotee, and you are eating 72 grams CHO per day, exactly, month in and month out, and your pancreas is already healed ... in my opinion, the opinion of many, and my overwhelming experiecne, wine (alcohol, but no carbs) has no effect on FAT loss. But that's JUST ME and it ONLY applies to Dr Lutz devotees ... 72 grams carbs per day strictly forever.

Again, regarding beer. It's out. Just forget about it, like it doesn't exist in the universe. No person interested in body fat issues, can drink beer at all.

Beer == simply the ultimate body fat builder.

You can never, ever drink beer - it's gone.

Seriously? On what planet do you live on? I drink beer and dropped 25 pounds since January. If I told myself I couldn't drink it I'd want it more. If it stays within my calories, I can have it. Even cakes, cookies, pie, pasta, etc. If you can give up beer forever you are way stronger than I am.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

However if YOU ARE IN FACT someone who has a very moderate carb intake, I can personally attest that prue alcohol intake, as such, does not - necessarily - lead to body fat.

(I drank a massive, indeed ridiculous, amount of wine while losing 30-40 kg. (70, 80 pounds.) HOWEVER it is essential to realise I have a really precise controlled intake of 72 grams carbs per day, only, unvarying, all year, the magic number.)

in a word - forget beer. you can never drink it. it is the "perfect" potion of alcohol plus carbohydrates. Just forget it. You can never drink beer - it's out.

**IF** you are a Dr Lutz devotee, and you are eating 72 grams CHO per day, exactly, month in and month out, and your pancreas is already healed ... in my opinion, the opinion of many, and my overwhelming experiecne, wine (alcohol, but no carbs) has no effect on FAT loss. But that's JUST ME and it ONLY applies to Dr Lutz devotees ... 72 grams carbs per day strictly forever.

Again, regarding beer. It's out. Just forget about it, like it doesn't exist in the universe. No person interested in body fat issues, can drink beer at all.

lol u gotta be kidding me... so ur telling me wine doesnt have carbohydrates? and hard alochol doesnt have calories?? alcohol is the ultimate "empty calorie" food because there are no nutrients. atleast you get nutrients when you have alcohol with carbohydrates in it. alcohol should be avoided all together for these reasons but still can be drank in moderation it doesnt matter the type
  • tawny2727
    tawny2727 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Before I started MFP......Personally, I quit drinking for 5 weeks and lost 18 lbs without diet or exercise. My drink of choice was light beer 2x/week.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gone.

Forever.

RIP BEER.

Really guys..... it's gone....

I <3 this guy!!!!!
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    "I want some info. Reseach, studies"

You must have read all of Gary Taubes books right?
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    When will the face-palm tiger come out to play? :wink:

How about now?

5947497009_03bb4515f2.jpg

I still drink beer, wine, and all sorts of hard liquor on a regular basis, and I'm getting more and more fit AND losing weight.

Calories in.... calories out...

:laugh:
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I don't do beer much, but I'm not getting in that fight, because it doesn't effect me at all. I do what works for me. Period. I still love it when people argue with results, though...

As for me, when I know I'll be drinking, I save up calories, or even hit the gym extra hard to make room for them. There's 7 cal in a gram of alcohol, compared to 9 in fat. So in calories it's better for you than butter :happy:

As for the OP, I don't get as drunk as fast, and have learned, mostly by accident, that moderation is the key. I don't consume as much of anything as fast as I used to, so when I drink it's slower, and my body metabolizes it faster (more muscle, less fat), so I don't get as drunk or as hung over.