Gaining weight becuz of my job,waitressing. Helpp!!!

Options
My job is being so annoying to me... Im a waitress at wedding clubs which it means lots of food around me all the time nd usually go over budget or eat lots of proceed foods (3days a week working). U can see all differnt kinds of appitizers nd everything + the dessert which i have the craving to,, 20 different kinds of cakes, ice creams, chocolates, cookies nd etc. for me its hard becuz i care bout my cals!..idk of i should take my foods to work from home and ONLY eat those ones or eat watever there as long as i watch my calorie intake, or what??? Really confused nd feel horrible nd dont really knw wat to do :(....my problem is that becuz im all working 1. I keep getting hungry which is horrible for me becuz there is only proceed and bad foods around me,,, its like i go to the gym like crazyy nd burn lots of cals in order to lose weight, but i ruin everythinggg at work!!,plz help me, wat would u do if u were me???? Wat should i do????

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would not have the willpower to abstain - I would personally need to get a different job!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you aren't gaining weight because of your job, you're gaining weight because of a lack of self control. So you can look for a job in a different industry - one that doesn't have constant food around you - or you can look at the temptations and stop letting food control you. Bring your own food and eat that. Bring adequate snacks and remember what your goal is and don't let ANYTHING distract you from that goal.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Since this is your first post, I should give you advice.... But the way you type just gave me a headache.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    dont eat the food.... take your lunch to work.
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    Pretend it's poisonous?
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    dont eat the food.... take your lunch to work.

This. Fill up on nutritious foods...u will feel more full. Water too! Good luck
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I didnt even know waiters were allowed to eat on the job without paying
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Since this is your first post, I should give you advice.... But the way you type just gave me a headache.

not to be mean, but what she said ^^
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would either:

a) Take food with me to work and not eat there
    or
    b) Enjoy foods there but in moderation.

I'm assuming with a busy job your net calories in around 1400 at least? 1200 is seen as the minimum, but not really necessary, especially if you're not sedendary. Add exercise calories to that and if you workout hard you should get around 2000? That's enough to have a few treats (if you want them that badly) as long as you eat well the rest of the day, especially on only 3 days a week.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I know thats got to be hard resisting... I pack my lunch most everyday. Could you start packing your healthy things, and eating them before your temped with that other stuff? Thats what I would suggest. If you feel its just the job surroundings thats triggering you, after that. Maybe consider doing something else for a living. Thats got to be hard to be surrounded by all that stuff. Some people can do it thou. Good luck.. Pack your stuff.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is all about self control. I served for many years and I was in the best shape of my life. Think about it you are on your feet moving, bending, lifting etc. Ultimately you decide what to eat and this will never change. Plan out your food and the rest will become easy. Good luck!
  • megsalla80
    megsalla80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I waitressed for a loong time! In the begining I would snack on everything from fries to italian bread smeared with butter and dipped in sauce... I got pretty heavy living like that. The funny part is that you are burning so many extra calories bc your job has you moving all night.
    As I continued to work in restaurants I got the hang of the food thing and here are some tips for you... if you work in a chain I would do some research and find out how many calories are in your favorite foods... probably scary. Make fries off limits! If you are hungry figure out some low cal foods that you can go for (veggie based soups, salsa and carrot sticks, a side salad.. or sometimes all you need is a tea or coffee to occupy your mouth)...
    After work when you get your employee meal give yourself a few options to always choose from... some things I would go for was a veggie burger no roll with sauteed onions and mushrooms, a small pasta with pompodora sauce (chunky marinara), a veggie quesadilla w little cheese and no oil or butter, or a big bowl of mussles with spicy red sauce.
    Make breads, cheeses and anything fried basically off limits for a while ( these things can be addictive so u should stay away to break that) and on the occassion that I really craved something sweet I would have a tiny cup of lite whipped cream w a bit of hershey's syrup drizzled just to get the craving to go away. So good luck and this is something that is totally managable with some pre planning!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Seriously have no idea what this post is about.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Make improving your self-discipline a goal that you reward yourself all the time for sticking with. non-food rewards. Maybe even cute workout outfits, itunes music for your cardio playlist, etc?
  • ThreesCompanee
    Options
    I was working at a restaurant before child #3 was born. Waitressing at 8 months pregnant......interesting. Anyway, I ALWAYS brought my dinner with me. It was either bring a healthy salad or eat bar food. Everything at the restaurant was either fried, covered in cheese, or basted with butter. You will gain weight so fast eating like that even if you are running your butt off all night working. Push yourself to have self control. Eat healthy at work and you will lose the weight!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wait why are you eating other people's wedding food?
  • victoria4321
    Options
    Not to be rude but I eat out a lot so I'm a curious. Are you picking off peoples plates??? When do you actually get a chance to snack aside from lunch? If so, major ick factor and wow.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ^ this.

but i cured my liking of any processed food by making much better versions myself.

My chocolate cookies (100 cal) are great. I can look a 250 cal version in the face and give it the finger. It's great. :P
  • victoria4321
    Options
    Wait why are you eating other people's wedding food?

This!! I had no clue that happens. I know the chefs taste it but the waiters too. Huh??
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i hv this prblm at the groshury store. theres all thiz food arownd and i eat it.