Do you eat carbs in the morning or night?

Options
I am not a big fan of cutting carbs out all together but I do know that for me, limiting my carbs (especially the starching ones like potatoes, breads and pastas) work best for me.

Some people say if you are going to eat a starchy carb, it's best to do it at lunch time so you can burn it off throughout the day. But then I read a couple articles that stated it was better to have them at night.

For my carb loving friends, do you only eat carbs at certain times of the day?

Replies

• focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much always eating carbs. :) I try not to eat anything too late though.
  • Skyla08
    Skyla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs too, but since I started here (2 weeks now) I have only been eating carbs with breakfast and lunch. I have heard that your last carb should be at lunch as it gives you time to work it off. About once a week we have a carb at dinner (usually like a tortilla when we make pizza, or a pita when it's greek night) but that's all. Seems to be working so far, and I haven't really missed the rice/pasta/potato/ at dinner! :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why can't you work off carbs at night? Your body doesn't shut down you know.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    All day, err'day.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    nope. i only eat "afternoon carbs". i'm so glad the fda has made companies distinguish what carbs are best to eat during different parts of the day as part of the package nutrition details. except daylight savings time always messes me up.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i only eat carbs during the daytime or the nighttime.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    nope. i only eat "afternoon carbs". i'm so glad the fda has made companies distinguish what carbs are best to eat during different parts of the day as part of the package nutrition details. except daylight savings time always messes me up.
    It's better to just fast from 11 to 1 during daylight savings time, just to be sure. But be careful that you don't go into starvation mode.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I eat them when I feel like eating them. Wasn't aware it mattered.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs whenever I want to eat carbs.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my carbs at night, because I enjoy eating most of my food at night.
  • Clontarf57
    Clontarf57 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've cut down on my carb intake and it's made a big difference. Here in Germany, there's a new bread in the stores that only 10 per cent carbs and that's what I eat at lunchtime. I don't eat much pasta, rice or potatoes any more and my spare tire has really gone down since January. I'm just not active enough to burn off the excess.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I abstain from all carb intake. I have so much stored up, I think Im good for at least 6 months with nothing but water. I mean...just look at my head...it's a solar panel for energy.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    aaaaaaand......she's back!!!! \m/
    do they have carbs for timezones too? I should check that, see if they're CST compatible as well \m/
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've been limiting potatoes and refined cabs for years. I try to stick to whole grains, veggies and fruit for my carbs and I eat them whenever I want. I usually don't eat anything in the morning, though.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    aaaaaaand......she's back!!!! \m/
    do they have carbs for timezones too? I should check that, see if they're CST compatible as well \m/

only Eastern and Pacific. sorry Hawaii, you're just TOTALLY screwed.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs whenever I want to eat carbs.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I tried to only eat carbs between 11p and 2a, but it turns out I don't have NES.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    mmmm..... Beer.