5'4 Ladies: What is your goal weight?

Options
meluc
meluc Posts: 153 Member
Hi ladies,

I'm 5'4 and my initial goal weight is 150 lbs. I've always said from the beginning if I could be 150 I'd be really happy, but that I would really like to be 140 lbs. As I get closer to 150, I'm already wondering what it would be like to be 140 lbs.

Ultimately, I just want my belly to be smaller and it seems to be the last place my body will lose the weight. I look a whole lot better and feel better already, I just wonder if I'll ever have an ultimate weight where I'll feel good about my belly...I can't use the excuse "I just had a baby" anymore...she'll be 4 in July! lol

Before starting my weight loss journey, I had a physical and my doctor said even though I was overweight (actually obese), I was 100% healthy, no high Blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc. I still wanted to lose weight to be in a healthy BMI weight range and to feel better about myself.

I was wondering what ultimate weight goal each of you have and what is your main concern as you lose weight.

Replies

• WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    145. I will reevaluate when I get there. :)

My biggest concern is going to be loose or extra skin since I have quite a bit of weight to lose.
  • Stellaluna62
    Stellaluna62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My lowest adult weight at 5'4" was 127 lbs at age 24, but i don't think that is going to happen again ;) My highest was about 180, and I was able to maintain about 148 lbs comfortably for several years in my 40s (I'm 49 now). I'm at a tad over 160 as of today and aiming for 140-145. But I'd be pretty happy at 148 at this point, it's been a long time since I was there!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 4 also...I started at 172 and was thinking 135 would be good for me. That's in the 'healthy' range according to the stats you see online. I don't know if I can get there, but I am sure trying. I don't want to be a skeleton, so I will watch along the way and change my goal if I need to. :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, about 145, but given my thyroid issues and PCOS, it may not be maintainable or attainable. But I suppose shooting for the moon is OK LOL.
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    135- 140 lbs = my goal. I'm 56. Slow going for me even with exercise.
    My "usual" adult weight until age 40 was 130 lbs or less w/o dieting, etc. Highest was 203 earlier this year.
    Best wishes to all.
  • 70moretogo
    70moretogo Posts: 25
    Options
    I am 5'4" as well and I have just started losing weight but my ideal weight is about a 135 to 140lbs. I really think everyone's ideal weight is affected by the way they are personally built. For example, I have a 48DD chest which has never dropped below a 40D even at my lowest weight of 113 lbs. Since I do not want to look like a stick with boobs, I have to make sure I do not drop below the 135 to 140lbs range or I just look weird.

So.... I know what you mean about doctor's. If they are not careful, they judge people too harshly based on the scale not the look of the individual.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I have my goal set at 170 but my ultimate goal is about 145-150. I am worried that I will have lots of excess skin...hopefully I won't.
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and my goal is 165lbs
  • slimgal613
    slimgal613 Posts: 56
    Options
    For me it would be in the 150's. But ultimate goal would be 140. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I started at 165. I'm now 135 and hoping to be 125, or whenever I'm really content with my body. :)
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    146...but I'm sure once I get there, I'll revisit that number and strive for 140.
  • anonvl
    anonvl Posts: 17
    Options
    My goal is 120lbs or thereabouts
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mine is 145, I measured my wrist and it put me in the "large frame" category which is between 135-155, and I'd love to hit 145. I haven't been that weight since I was in elementary school so it's a trek but I can do it :)
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    138 because that is my body's "happy' weight.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    125lbs...Got there today. ;] I'm small framed.
  • amizimmerman
    Options
    Im 5"4 my weight now is 128 but I'm still not happy with that so my new goal weight is 120..once i get there i'll see how that looks and feels and go from there.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    5'2" my goal is between 135 & 140 :ohwell:
  • westpen
    westpen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 135. Once I hit that I'll reevaluate and see if I want to continue to lose or just maintain. We will see!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    5 ft 3in here, my first goal is 145 but I have been stuck at 161 for a month now. I started at 183 in January.