Possible NSV - I bought my first bikini EVER

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
Ok so I'm not quite sure how I feel about wearing a bikini. I am super weary about it, mostly because of my backside - it's rather large. I've never worn a bikini before in my adult life, but I thought this summer I would give it a go. Anytime spent out of the water will most likely be spent in a cover-up, but hey, at least I'm trying! I am seriously considering buying one more swimsuit that is more modest- like a sporty tankini or something.

Anyway, judging by these pictures do you think I can consider this as an NSV? (I can take constructive criticism, but please be gentle as I am really putting myself out there by posting these pics. Thanks!) O, and the one top is really a brighter orange but my camera wasn't really capturing that so for some reason it looks more yellow...

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

Replies

• jessiesunshine
    Options
    Thats exciting.. and you look really good! If only Jensen could see you now.. :D
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    What is NSV? =/ I have no idea..... I don't know what 'bump' is either.. I see that all over these posts..
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    You look VERY good too ;)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You look hot Spn :) I prefer the style of the bottom one but the colour of the top one.....getting one in that shade of yellow would really suit you too!! (I know it's orange but that yellow does look awesome anyway!)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG you can do this you look great in the bikini!!!
  • KaseyC0711
    KaseyC0711 Posts: 18
    Options
    I think you look great!! What is there to be embarrassed of? Keep up the good work, it shows!!! ;-)
  • mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I love the top one! I wish I could go with that style.
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    What is NSV? =/ I have no idea..... I don't know what 'bump' is either.. I see that all over these posts..

Non Scale Victory... and bump means a person is posting so the question stays at the top of the list.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and courageous! So happy you found a couple swim suits! :o) I chickened out....sticking with tankinis.
    So proud of you!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! But the bottoms don't look right in either suit. Maybe go a size up? Or look for one that isn't so low cut. But they don't look bad.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    lol you are so crazy always asking if you can be proud of something! You look great. I think if you're booty insecure it might be better to go for a boyshort with cinch ties on the side that way you can alter the amount of bootymeat getting shown depending on your feelings for the day. ;)
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    I think you look great! But the bottoms don't look right in either suit. Maybe go a size up? Or look for one that isn't so low cut. But they don't look bad.

ugh i know that's my problem! the ones that are bigger are baggy and make me look like i have sand in my butt and front... if i get higher waisted ones it squishes my mommy pooch. ugh. my d@mn *kitten* doesn't fit in any suits... even with the boy shorts i still had a little side cheek hangin out. :/
  • poofy7
    poofy7 Posts: 17
    Options
    i think you look great but i prefer the bottom one. i think the briefs on that one suit you more. by the way you don't have a big bottom it's just right.

m x

p.s loving your hair colour and ink
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Screw the bikini...the ink is awesome! You look great, too
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    try just pulling them up an inch or two higher on your hips. I think you look great!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) Rock those bikinis out :)
  • Mischelina
    Mischelina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, and so does your backside. I do think though that the bikini bottoms look too small. The tops look perfect.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your hard work is paying off!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You've dropped 55 lbs and finally have the body you've dreampt about. Way to go!!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You are TAN!! And I love your hair! That bikini is adorable! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!