Options

Replies

• Jenn264
    Jenn264 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have a bad addiction to the scale...
    I know its bad but usually it is.
    -In the morning
    -When I get to the gym (before my workout)
    -After my workout when I'm still at the gym.
    -When I go home from the gym before taking a shower.
    -Before I go to bed.

I do monthly weigh ins and measurements with my trainer and usually track my weight once every 2 weeks or so.
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    The more the number goes down....the more often =p That is just for encouragement though.. I've never actually had the weight come off! I was doing it on Fridays, a weigh in, but I'm switching to Monday mornings because that is day 1 of the week.. =) Do it 2nd thing in the morning.. potty first, weigh 2nd then go eat something. That is how you get your 'truest' weight. =)

I agree! I weigh in once a week, second thing in the morning, stark naked. =) I usually feel pretty good about the number I see!
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    When I feel that I won't throw my scale across the room.

About once a week.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Every morning before I have anything to eat, right before I get in the shower. It should be my lowest, right??

Should be, and I do the same routine, up out of bed >bathroom >scale >shower, works for me.
  • jaykal001
    jaykal001 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My thoughts, do with it what you will :D

I weigh myself on Friday's, when I get home from work. I get to see my results for the past week, as well as get some motivation to keep my weekend under control. If you had an awesome week, you also know about it Friday then, in case you want to go enjoy a night on the town, etc.

I think for a lot of us, it's a motivational tool (and hopefully not our worst fear). I would think if you are just jumping on the scale to see how it's going, and you know full well it won't affect your schedule/routine, then I'd think whenever you are curious is all you'd need.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning :-) No sneaky peeks in between.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    I weigh once a week, at the same time. Once I get my weight off, I will probably start weighing every day so that I don't lose control again!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I wish i could say once a month, but I am a touch OCD. I weigh both every morning.........and every night. :frown: I only "weigh in" on Friday mornings.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Every Thursday so far - and now that I'm in a summer challenge, every Monday as well. So I've stepped up to twice a week. Anything more than that can be fluctuations with water and such. But whatever works for you - before I started doing this, I only stepped on the scale when I had to - usually at the doctor's office.
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday and Friday. With the goal to still weigh on Monday what I weighed on Friday!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    i do it quite often; every morning to get my daily true weight and numerous times throughout the day just to see how much it fluctuates but it doesn't upset me like it may others. i see if i am doing well or that i may have to increase my water intake. my weigh-in day is every wednesday am. it may seem like i dwell on it but i don't. i personally don't do measurements but my trainer has done them a few times. i actually am due for another round of measurements- thanks for reminding me :smile:

Yeah, same here. I step on it pretty much every time I walk in and out of the bathroom, but seeing it go up and down doesn't bother me. I find it interesting to watch it go up and down.
  • cambam84
    cambam84 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do it every day, but I think I have a little OCD when it comes to stepping on the scale! I do it morning and night, in the morning I do it with pjs on and off, then to the bathroom, then weigh again! I know it's awful!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I also only weigh once a month. For me its because I joined this biggest loser contest at my work and we weigh in once a month and I want to use the same scale each time.
  • Morethanwillpower12
    Morethanwillpower12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every other Thursday :)
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Pretty much everyday! I only record about once a wk and only when there is a loss from the previous weight I recorded. I weigh at all times of the day. My recorded wt is usually from Thr or Friday morning dry wt.
  • achandlersc
    Options
    I weigh in every evening before dinner, after i work out and again in the morning. I do this often because I want to see how my daily habits effect my weight. Just know that when you weigh in, it's a plus/minus kinda deal as your weight can vary for so many reasons throughout the day, even when you first wake up.

I count my end of the week morning weigh in as the one I record.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • scarcelove
    scarcelove Posts: 7
    Options
    I weight myself every other day, some times every three days. If I weigh myself everyday I get discourage by the natural fluctuation of my weight (usually 1-2lbs). I like weighing myself this frequently so I see changes and I give myself that needed motivation.
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Sometimes 2 or 3 times just to see how my weight fluctuates. I don't record those weights though.
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    3 times a week. I like to play soft music, light candles, really set the mood.

LOL!!!