• robinbarten
    robinbarten Posts: 17
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds: Dark Chocolate flavor
    Red Delicious Apples
    Eat Smart Garden Veggie Crisps

Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds: Dark Chocolate flavor

These are on my list too!

I bought a pack of these when they were on clearance at one of the stores by me. Good stuff but I haven't seen them for sale since. I'll have to check a couple other stores.

You can get a 38 oz container at Sam's Club (Maybe Cosco if that is in your area) for around $10. I count out 18 for a serving for 100 calories.
  • hildyp
    hildyp Posts: 3
    Options
    Great ideas in this post! I'm writing some of them down before I head to the grocery store tonight
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Anything dipped in Laughing Cow Cheese is so good!
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    rice cakes (there's like 8 different flavors, you can even put peanut butter on the cinammon or lightly salted ones), almonds, dried fruit, bananas, beef jerky, turkey jerkey, protein bars, pickles, vegetable chips, etc. healthy things!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Bananas
    Apples
    Baby carrots (I could seriously eat my body weight in baby carrots, I love them)
    Grape tomatoes
    Hummus
    Chicken breast tenders (I get a huge thing of boneless skinless breast tenders, cook the whole package of them on Sunday evening, and stick em in the fridge so I can eat them with lunches, dinner, and as snacks. I typically have half a chicken breast worth as a snack during the day for protein)
    EAS Carb Advantage protein shakes OR Muscle Milk Light shakes
    Pistachios

If strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries are in season/on sale I'll pick some of those up too---although they last maybe a day in our house because my 5 year old inhales them! Those are his favorite snacks (praise the Lord he goes for the fruit instead of chips or something!)
  • FalvoPS
    FalvoPS Posts: 25
    Options
    Greek Yogurt with honey
    Apples or Celery with Peanut Butter
    Whey Protein Shakes
    Hummus
    Protein bars
    broccoli
    almonds

Recently, I found excellent recipes for high protein muffins and protein balls. I'm finding that they take care of my sugar and chocolate cravings.
  • robinbarten
    robinbarten Posts: 17
    Options
    one slice of bread with cream cheese is only 100 cals

That sounds great but most of the bread I see is more like 100 cals just for the bread with another 50-100 on top of that for the cream cheese...the only one I know of that is less is a 45 calorie sara lee bread but the slices are so small....

Wonderbread smart white is 50 calories and regular size slices.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oranges are a mainstay for me. They come prepackaged in their own skin and are pretty resilient.

I like this detox salad. I make it and pack it into 1 cup servings and eat them throughout the week. http://eat-spin-run-repeat.com/2011/07/05/by-popular-request-the-re-created-detox-salad/

I like the peanut butter fiber granola bars from Aldi. 130cals and they are pretty filling.

I also keep a stash of Kashi frozen waffles and organic (Parkers Farms) PB at work. One waffle with a tbsp of PB is a great snack. 2 waffles with a tbsp of PB on each is a great breakfast.

I also have been finding and tweaking recipes for side salads (like a black bean corn salad and a potato avacado salad I found on Food Network.com- I like tex-mex, can you tell?) so that they are around 150 cals or less per serving. It's not that hard to do and you can get some great ideas from recipes that already exist.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

That sounds great but most of the bread I see is more like 100 cals just for the bread with another 50-100 on top of that for the cream cheese...the only one I know of that is less is a 45 calorie sara lee bread but the slices are so small....

Wonderbread smart white is 50 calories and regular size slices.

Healthy Life makes a 35 calorie whole wheat bread. It saves a TON of cals on sandwiches.
  • dee492
    dee492 Posts: 28
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Carbmasters yogurt (Frys or Kroger only) AMAZING, low cal, low carb, low sugar OMG!!!
    String cheese (trader joes lowfat)
    steel cut oats
    Pirates Booty
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Watermelon
    Canteloupe
    Lunch meat
    hard boiled eggs
    Almonds
    Cottage cheese
    WATER
    Protein cake, individual made in the microwave out of protein powder, almond flour, egg, and SF Torani syrup
    Protein shakes ( homemade )
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'll take chicken breast, cut them into strips, spice them to a personal taste, normally spicy, then bake them. Great warmed or cold.
    I will have unsalted almonds or walnuts
    Laughing Cow cheese on Wassa crackers is only 90 calories for the one wedge of cheese and cracker
    Pineapple, strawberries
    Hard boiled eggs
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I snack a lot too. I snack on

Organix apple rice cakes.
    Greek Yoghurt with pb2, mixed seeds and a little jam.
    Pears.
    Apples.
    Small pieces of stilton cheese.
    Hard Boiled eggs.
    Seafood(yes, I sit picking at mussels sometimes).
    Blueberries.
    Apple Crings.
    Nakd bars.

I tend to not keep much else in my home, other than cottage cheese, veggie sausages, canned beans, fresh veg, fish, quorn, brown rice, quinoa and sweet potatoes, so there isn't much I can snack on, lol.
  • aav903
    aav903 Posts: 11
    Options
    Quick stuff: string cheese, 2 light Wasa crisps with Laughing cow, chopped fruit like strawberries, pineapple and bananas with some cottage cheese, Think Thin, Kind or Nu-Go bars. With Nu-Go, the dark choc mint is great! Veggie Crisps, Costco sometimes has these in big bags. Chopped veggies (carrots, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and jicama) with dip. Apples. Yogurt. Wraps (light tortilla, little hummus or sand spread, turkey, lettuce, wrap and go)

Stuff you can make in advance: kale chips (wash, spin, chop the kale) for every 2 raw cups, 1 tsp olive oil, some sea salt and garlic salt plus ground pepper. mix it all up, spread on a baking sheet and toss in the oven at 350 for 7 minutes, then flip the pieces and 7 more minutes.
    Since you have the oven on, toasted almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, are all good. 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
    Dips: there are some great recipes online (shape, fitness, etc). One I made up and love is 1 C hummus, 2/3 C cottage cheese, 1T giardiniera all in a food processor until smooth.
    Another sand spread/ dip option: 1 C cottage cheese, 2 T light sour cream, horseradish (maybe 1/2 t), and fresh chives all in the food processor until smooth. I have used this in place of mayo and find it pretty solid.
    In case you can't tell, I'm a little partial to dips, and it's tough to find healthy versions sometimes unless you make them yourself.
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Another good bred that has large slices ut only 90 a slice is arnold whole wheat/ multi-grain...very filling with some pnut butter and bananas
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I like carrots and celery, chocolate peanut butter on berries or pretzels, protein or snack bars and sometimes I make my own granola bars. Edamame, triscuits with lunch meat!
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yoghurt coated strawberrys or raspberrys mmmmmm
  • mdg0421
    mdg0421 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Apple Cinnamon Straws or Veggie Straws...one serving is 38 straws which is roughly 120 cals and 2g sugar. Make sure that you portion them out b/c don't do like I did the first time and eat them from the bag..they are addictively good :)
  • Anieka260
    Anieka260 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm not much of a snacker..... But I think I need to start eating fruits though:(
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I try to keep sugar snap peas (raw) around when I can -- they're crunchy, and it's another veggie besides peppers and carrots that I can munch on easily. I love apples, so I eat them constantly.

I also make an energy snack called "Honey Milk Balls" -- it's peanut butter, honey, oats, nonfat dry milk rolled into balls that are very portable and last forever. They're a little higher in cals than fruits / veggies, but fill you up well.

And I try to keep some of the usual suspects (almonds, yogurt, Fiber One cereal, oatmeal packets, cottage cheese, cheese sticks) in my desk / fridge at work at all times so it's easy to grab something good.

Sounds like you're doing well all on your own! Keep it up.
  • KFuerst27
    KFuerst27 Posts: 43
    Options
    For a different raw veggie, slice up a jicama if you haven't already tried it.

The Laughing Cow cheeses are great as others have mentioned. I have one wedge spread over three rice cakes. Love the cinnamon one that way. Haven't tried the strawberry yet.

I love all the different flavors of hummus. My current favorite is roasted red pepper with carrots.

Cook some broccoli, drizzle on a little olive oil and sprinkle on some seasoned salt. Yum.

Spread a wrap/tortilla/flatbread with some peanut butter and wrap around a banana.