I barely drink any water

Options
2»

Replies

• justjustine1
    Options
    Basic Rule: 1/2 of your body weight in ounces.

It helps to keep skin clear, organs flushed, headaches/migraines at bay, and much more!!

It's zero calories, and my preferred drink over juice or sodas. Also, if you drink one or two glasses before a meal it helps you to feel more full so that you actually eat less.

Good luck on increasing your H2O intake!!! ; )
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't know about water being good for weight loss particularly although I'm sure it is but most importantly, it is good for your health. I say that and I am a damn hypocrite because I struggle to drink much! I actually ended up in hospital last week with severe dehydration which is how I know severely it can affect your health - it was slightly different in that I stopped drinking completely due to illness but it wasn't pleasant at all.

I have found that keeping a bottle of water/juice with me has really helped me to drink. If I don't have a drink nearby I don't think about it because I don't tend to feel thirsty so seeing the bottle makes me think, "Might as well have a sip".
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I am going to make a conscious effort to start drinking water, straight away. More trips to the bathroom can only be good exercise I suppose.

If you don't you will end up with a kidney stone, the pain of a passing ks is worse than child labor and if it is big one surgery, this happen to me last summer on my vacation and I also was not drinking any water, but pepsi!!!!

I had a 14mm stone 11 months ago...I had a stent, lithotripsy smashed 6mm off of it, then I had a scope with laser--all in 3 weeks time. I do NOT want another one. I drank 18 glasses of water yesterday, and like 14 so far today--I'm not forcing myself at ALL...
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Your trips to the bathroom may increase at first but overtime you get used to it.

I never did. I go every 20 minutes :laugh:
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    takingnameskickingbutt Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wait, for real is this a joke?

No offense intended, but you need to keep hydrated. 8 glasses a day of WATER minimum. It is essential for your health.
  • melissa_leah
    melissa_leah Posts: 107
    Options
    I used to only drink soda and never any water, only if I worked out... but I've been drinking a ton of water lately and it really does help! Trust me :) I had to slowly stop drinking even diet soda, and still have one every once in a while but I really do think it helps a lot
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 bottles a day which equals around 8 cups of water and it helps me to feel fuller without needing to eat more..
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Wait, for real is this a joke?

No offense intended, but you need to keep hydrated. 8 glasses a day of WATER minimum. It is essential for your health.

8 glasses a day is an arbitrary number just like 1200 calories.

It all depends on how much exercise you're doing, how much you weigh, how much sodium you're getting etc etc.
  • jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    thanks for your advice! I only used a basic online water calculator to determine how many ounces I need and wasn't sure if it was too much. It definitely shocked my body at first
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am going to make a conscious effort to start drinking water, straight away. More trips to the bathroom can only be good exercise I suppose.

If you don't you will end up with a kidney stone, the pain of a passing ks is worse than child labor and if it is big one surgery, this happen to me last summer on my vacation and I also was not drinking any water, but pepsi!!!!

I wound up with 2 kidney stones 8 weeks after having twins...one actually got stuck in my uteter (sp?) so I had to wait and pass it - worse pain than having my daughters and that included having a major allergic reaction to medication after their birth and getting the dry heaves with a stomach full of staples....