When the going gets tough...

Options
We all have them. Times when we feel so far from our goals even if they're seemingly in reach. This is something I think about when I feel that way:

Days like that (like today), I have to think back on where I was at the end of 2010: I couldn't wrap a towel around me. I couldn't cross my legs. I couldn't walk up the stairs to my office without being completely winded. I couldn't shop in normal clothing stores. I didn't believe in myself. I didn't think I was worth looking at. I didn't have any idea how strong I was, physically or mentally. I didn't believe I could live better. I didn't know that I was beautiful on the inside and out. I didn't see me for me.

It's days like today that I am so glad I stuck my middle finger up to the ***** in my head who said, "no you can't."

Stick your middle finger up to that voice in your head that tells you, "no you can't" and prove him/her wrong. Fight hard to be who you want to be every day, even if it takes everything you've got. This road is hard, but it's SO worth it. You CAN do it.

Quitting is not an option.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I wish that everyone would read this. So they can see what it's like to be a strong woman. What drive and dedication really look like.

You see posts like this so rarely. More often you see, "Do boys like curves on a girl?" Toughen up ladies. What's really sexy is confidence and inner strength. And Lemon, you've got that girl. It's an honor being your friend.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I wish that everyone would read this. So they can see what it's like to be a strong woman. What drive and dedication really look like.

You see posts like this so rarely. More often you see, "Do boys like curves on a girl?" Toughen up ladies. What's really sexy is confidence and inner strength. And Lemon, you've got that girl. It's an honor being your friend.

:heart:
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I often feel like Ill never get to where i want to be. It is easy to forget all of the changes that have been made.

I still think about myself as the person I was a lot of the time. When I take pictures of myself I expect to see her, and this new self is there in her place. She looks way better than before but there is a mental disconnect there. I think that will improve with time.

Thanks for reminding me that no matter what i am not giving up.

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You continue to amaze me every dang day. I love, love, love being your friend and seeing you bust your *kitten*. I am so proud of you and all you do!

:heart: Sass
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    See that's what I told my crush. I said "I'm not a quitter" She said "I know you're a stalker"?!?! Some people just don't see drive and determination when it's in their face!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    See that's what I told my crush. I said "I'm not a quitter" She said "I know you're a stalker"?!?! Some people just don't see drive and determination when it's in their face!

LOL :heart: you Scott.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days today where I think I'll never make it, I'm having a hard time with toning and throw in a non-supportive husband in the mix, it kinda sucks some days.

But I will never give up, it's not an option.

Thanks for posting. I so needed to read this today. :heart:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I'm having one of those days today where I think I'll never make it, I'm having a hard time with toning and throw in a non-supportive husband in the mix, it kinda sucks some days.

But I will never give up, it's not an option.

Thanks for posting. I so needed to read this today. :heart:

:smile: So glad I could help brighten your day!
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Well said!
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You continue to amaze me every dang day. I love, love, love being your friend and seeing you bust your *kitten*. I am so proud of you and all you do!

:heart: Sass

This ^^^^ I agree and feel the same way. :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I often feel like Ill never get to where i want to be. It is easy to forget all of the changes that have been made.

I still think about myself as the person I was a lot of the time. When I take pictures of myself I expect to see her, and this new self is there in her place. She looks way better than before but there is a mental disconnect there. I think that will improve with time.

Thanks for reminding me that no matter what i am not giving up.

Jules:flowerforyou:

It is SO EASY to get comfortable and forget how far you've come when things go slow. Don't give up. Keep busting your *kitten* and working hard. You will get there.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm having an unusually terrible week, and I really needed to read this. Thank you.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You see posts like this so rarely. More often you see, "Do boys like curves on a girl?" Toughen up ladies. What's really sexy is confidence and inner strength.

This. Exactly this.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Thanks for that!

I was in the same place and now I'm not. I just go clothes shopping in normal stores when that little voice is telling me I can't do it...cures me quicklike!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I'm having an unusually terrible week, and I really needed to read this. Thank you.

We all have weeks like that. I can't tell you how many weeks I just wanted to quit altogether and stop. I'm so glad I fought that urge. You can fight it too. Don't give up babe.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Love your determination & confidence, Elizabeth! And glad to be your friend on MFP :):flowerforyou:

Days like yesterday & today... where I'm reflecting & feeling a bit lost as well... wondering if I'll ever "get there"... and then a post like this comes along and gives me that extra little "push" and reminder that we already have what it takes INSIDE us :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Love your determination & confidence, Elizabeth! And glad to be your friend on MFP :):flowerforyou:

Days like yesterday & today... where I'm reflecting & feeling a bit lost as well... wondering if I'll ever "get there"... and then a post like this comes along and gives me that extra little "push" and reminder that we already have what it takes INSIDE us :)

Yup. It took me a long time to figure that out too.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I love you. You know that right? You know that you're amazing, and I'm totally proud and inspired to be your friend. You make such a difference. Yay you.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you, but if I get that **** song stuck in my head, you're dead.