How do you make your yogurt taste better?

Options
Hello! Yogurt makes me feel like barfing, but I really would like to find a way to enjoy it. I cannot stand the taste of it, it's just too bitter for me (even putting chocolate whey protein didn't disguise the taste well enough). So, if you have any special recipes you use, to make it not taste like yogurt, please share :smile:

Replies

• Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I seriously cannot stand it either.. last time I ate yougurt was years ago.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've tried soo many different kinds, years ago. Then tried again last night, and it was still gross :frown:
  • melvina_c
    melvina_c Posts: 1
    Options
    I add pure maple syrup and cinnamon to greek yoghurt. That's the only way I can eat it!
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you tried this, but i like it with bare naked vanilla flavored granola with fruit.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Try it with cheerios or granola
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't force yourself to eat it!

I'm sure there are other ways to get whatever you are wanting out of yoghurt in a food you find yummier!

I personally love yoghurt with honey, fruit, in a smoothie, on muesli etc etc etc :smile:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    There's no reason why you have to eat yogurt. If you don't like it, don't eat it. With that said, have you tried Greek yogurt? I actually find it to be quite sweet unlike the "regular" yogurts of the past. I like to add a packet of instant coffee to my vanilla Greek yogurt. I love everything coffee flavored. You could also try adding some sweet fruits like mango, peaches, etc. But again, if you don't like it, maybe just find something else that is high in protein and be happy eating that.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Flavored yogurt is what I usually buy, this way there isn't so much pucker. There's also flavored Greek yogurt out there now too, so that might be something to try. If you buy plain, stir in a little honey or agave nectar, that might do the trick. If you buy flavored and it's still not helping, then try this (my little trick) to get rid of the ho-hum boredom from it: Add either granola - light if you can get it - or chia seeds, or go all the way and add both!!! You only need a teaspoon of either, so if when you register the food on your diary and it says 1 tbsp, don't worry, just type up 0.5 in your serving section, after all, half a tablespoon is a teaspoon.

Hope this helps to solve your yogurt dilemas!!! :happy:
  • mneveu
    mneveu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon raw honey to plain nonfat Greek yogurt. If I get 2%, I just add the honey. A friend recently turned me on to Fage greek yogurt - it seems creamier than other brands. It is delicious, and gets me through the entire morning!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what type of yogurt are you eating? i just hd some full fat plain greek yogurt and that was delicious.

anyway, i put reduced sugar preserves in mine... or a little honey and cinnamon
  • michbe
    michbe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I buy stonyfield french vanilla 100 calorie and put it over a bowl of homeade fruit cup.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Oh... I absolutely refuse to eat Plain Yogurt. Yech. I like Fage 0% Mango Guanaberry, Cherry, Rasberry, and Blueberry! Yum!!!! Greek yogurt was a LITTLE interesting to get accustomed to at first (it's MUCH thicker than regular yogurt and tangier - so if you like Pinkberry, you'll probably like this), but now I'll only eat Greek Yogurt... and not any other kind. :)
  • Lampy00512
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't force yourself to eat it!

I'm sure there are other ways to get whatever you are wanting out of yoghurt in a food you find yummier!

I personally love yoghurt with honey, fruit, in a smoothie, on muesli etc etc etc :smile:

Very true, but I am looking for another simple snack to enjoy :tongue:. Lots of people around me are eating yogurt and it looks SO good, but taste bleck. I've hated a few other food but found ways to enjoy it.
  • 30poundsofbeauty
    Options
    I add sugar-free instant jello pudding (the powder only) to greek yogurt! I feel like I am eating ice cream pudding when I put flavors like butterscotch or pistachio. It sometimes gets too thick so I add a little milk or water.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i love plain yogurt with fruit, or jam, and nuts, or granola. yum
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Zap some PB in the microwave for a few seconds and then mix in the yogurt.
    Add banana if you're feeling particularly festive!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options
    ...half a tablespoon is a teaspoon.
    Actually there are 3 teaspoons in 1 tablespoon. So put .33 to be closer to the correct calories. And then eat more :wink:
  • Lampy00512
    Options
    Ooh, thank you very much everybody! :drinker: Keep 'em coming :3 To the person who asked what I'm eating- well, I tried Greek! Years ago, I've tried just about every brand.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options
    I add sugar-free instant jello pudding (the powder only) to greek yogurt! I feel like I am eating ice cream pudding when I put flavors like butterscotch or pistachio. It sometimes gets too thick so I add a little milk or water.
    That sounds delicious. I'll have to try that!
  • Trilaina
    Trilaina Posts: 61
    Options
    Pumpkin pie spice works well in vanilla, and honey. :)