Supreme 90 Day

Options
2»

Replies

• BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys; 40-45 minutes is about what I was hoping for.

If I can get up on my soapbox for a minute, this is why I HATE BeachBody. Based on the Supreme 90 Web site, it offers a full 90-day program of 10 workouts on 10 different disks, a nutrition guide, online support, and the ability to purchase extra recovery drink and vitamins. Basically, the same stuff you get with P90X, but for 1/3 the cost! I don't mind buying a good workout program, but I refuse to fall victim to price gouging!

Okay, I'll climb off my soapbox now (at least the climbing is easier now that I'm in better shape...).
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys; 40-45 minutes is about what I was hoping for.

If I can get up on my soapbox for a minute, this is why I HATE BeachBody. Based on the Supreme 90 Web site, it offers a full 90-day program of 10 workouts on 10 different disks, a nutrition guide, online support, and the ability to purchase extra recovery drink and vitamins. Basically, the same stuff you get with P90X, but for 1/3 the cost! I don't mind buying a good workout program, but I refuse to fall victim to price gouging!

Okay, I'll climb off my soapbox now (at least the climbing is easier now that I'm in better shape...).

I think that you will like the program.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Do you all log this as circuit training, or strength training? I just got the set and plan to start it on MOnday!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Do you all log this as circuit training, or strength training? I just got the set and plan to start it on MOnday!

Most of the workouts in this set are strength training. There are 2 cardio workouts that could probably be logged as circuit training.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

I don't log my workouts here, but I do log my workouts somewhere else and when I did and if I do some Supreme 90 workouts, I would log the workouts what they fall under. If the workout is a circuit strength workout, I log the workout under circuit and strength.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I created an exercise for each workout based on calculations I got from Livestrong based on my weight and the type of activity. Most are based on circuit training calorie burn. I log the Tabata Inferno and Cardio Challenge as cardio. I log the Ultimate Ball as core training. I log the rest as strength training. I think my estimated burns are pretty accurate because the scale has started moving since I started logging my custom exercises instead of using MFP's estimates for circuit training.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I created an exercise for each workout based on calculations I got from Livestrong based on my weight and the type of activity. Most are based on circuit training calorie burn. I log the Tabata Inferno and Cardio Challenge as cardio. I log the Ultimate Ball as core training. I log the rest as strength training. I think my estimated burns are pretty accurate because the scale has started moving since I started logging my custom exercises instead of using MFP's estimates for circuit training.

:smile:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I own it (I found it at Ross for $8.99!!) but I prefer P90x. I HATE HATE HATE the stability ball workouts! I am so uncoordinated and I just end up falling all over the place the whole time lol. I really like the Tabata inferno dvd though. Sometimes I just do that one when I feel the need for some extra cardio,.
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are almost done with the first 30 days! I really really like the program! We have never tried p90X, but we are wanting to after this is done! I can definitely tell that just in the first couple weeks I have some new cuts in my arms and legs. My biceps are also cut even more and are popping way out there. I use 10lb weights for most of the dvds. I would recommend it to anyone!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity and was hoping to find a program that did more strength training...seems like this may be a good and affordable one- exciting!
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

What are you getting for estimated burns?
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options

What are you getting for estimated burns?

I bought an HRM since this post, but it seems that Livestrong was fairly accurate for all except Tabata Inferno.

With the HRM, I get:
    Tabata Inferno - 466
    Cardio Challenge - 360
    All others - between 215 and 270

They seem to average about 9 to 10 calories burned per minute for the cardio workouts and aobut 7 or 8 for the strength training. My burn is higher if I tone it down to keep my heart rate in the 65-85% of target range.