what do you put in plain yogurt?

Options

Replies

• julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a tsp of honey, some granola, a scoop of protein powder, and some fresh strawberries or other berry. I do not like yogurt, but I've been eating it almost everyday for several weeks and I'm slowly acclimating to the taste :). I know you said no sugar or anything, I don't know if you'd count the honey in that category, but I use the plain yogurt so I need a little sweet to offset the tang. Plus I use locally harvested honey, which is supposed to help with allergies. I make homemade granola sometimes, but my absolute fave is Cascadian Farms dark chocolate almond. Soooo good, but expensive.

I've also used no sugar added jam/preserves, pureed berries, cereals like cheerios, grape nuts (not the right texture for me, but adequate), kashi, etc

I've also started using it instead of mayo in chicken salad and instead of sour cream on potatoes.
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I strain it and make yogurt cheese, lovely on an english muffin or crackers.

This sounds interesting! What kind of yogurt and how do you strain it? And do you do anything else to make the cheese after you strain the yogurt? Details, pretty please :)
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I freeze it then add with protein powder and frozen fruit to a blender for a protein smoothie.
    edit to add..I mix it with water also for a smootie consistancy.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Mix with a small amount of peanut butter or PB2 and make a peanut butter yogurt dip for green apples---yummmmmmm better than caramel!
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit
    granola
    honey
    vanilla extract
    slivered almonds
    peanut or almond butter
    spinach
  • yogamom65
    yogamom65 Posts: 1
    Options
    trader joes has a great berry granola blend. It helps. I am not a fan of yogurt and this helps. Good for you too.
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    cashews or those little sesame sticks broken up
  • amchavarria
    amchavarria Posts: 12
    Options
    you can add fruit and nuts or even train mix! makes it yummy and adds some protien if use nuts too. :-)
  • DebbieKayW
    DebbieKayW Posts: 3
    Options
    Add the crystal lite packages for flavoring water. If you use the orange it tastes like the dream sickle that we ate as kids. Any of the other favors work too, experiment and have fun with it.
  • KailaJordan
    KailaJordan Posts: 35
    Options
    honey, raisins, raspberries, blueberries! low fat greek yogurt is super lush. you could also mix all of that with meringue and voila, a low fat, low calories pudding! it's so yummy.
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've tried honey and Hemp Hearts in my yogurt...fibre, calcium, and protein...good luck!
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like to put in the frozen blueberries from Sam's and a little stevia. Good stuff!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Last night we had what was called an Indian Chicken Wrap (from Food Network Magazine). The chicken had cumin, onion, jalapeno and ginger (and shredded carrot), and the sauce was plain yogurt w/ lime juice and fresh cilantro. The sauce by itself wasn't spectacular but SO yummy on the chicken. We had it on naan bread. Right around 450 calories if I remember correctly.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have never seen so many variations of what people put in their yogurt and now I may try half of them....not sure about peanut butter?

I take the frozen tube yogurt and freeze them but my regular yogurt gets fruit and grape nuts! Love me some grape nuts!
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
    A scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1/3 cup chopped strawberries
    1/3 cup nut & raisins trail mix from The Fresh Market

I love this mixture for myself. I like the crunch of the trail mix with the sweetness of the strawberries just does something to me.:love:
  • _Dan_
    _Dan_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    pomegranate ^_^
  • Just_One_Me
    Just_One_Me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do the plain greek , very filling ! Add frozen berries. Preferebly strawberries . I just chop it up . Its does taste better if you freeze them first . Anyway , I top it with a tablespoon of ground flaxseed . YuMMy ! =))) Oh, I add a packet of stevia, cuz i like sweet. Been looking forward to agave sweetner that would probably be best but I havn't tried it. My workout/meal plan recommends it though. Good luck on your journey ! =)))
  • Purplebfly333
    Purplebfly333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put apricots, strawberries, blackberries, almonds, and a packet of stevia.
  • BOCESBOSS
    BOCESBOSS Posts: 4
    Options
    Try fat free feta , dash of hot sauce . Its not bad . :smile:
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Today I put blueberry granola.