If you were on a plane, and there were kids near by..

Options

Replies

• Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Censor
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't curse much, but when I do I don't care who is around.. unless it's my mom or grandmother! I don't have children & I don' care for them much to begin with.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I don't censor myself. I don't swear like crazy as it is.

I was starting to think I'd be the only one!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I usually try to censor myself when children are around. Ever since mine came along it's been all about code words.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you're a loud talker than yes, whispering to another person no. As a parent I would hope that someone would think about it, but I realize that not everyone is mindful of their surroundings. It's one thing to curse up a storm at the bar at midnight, and another in a family friendly place at noon.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    No cursing here.....just another form of self-discipline....
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You're on a plane... are you going on a vacation? If so, what in the world do you need to swear about???:flowerforyou:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    You're on a plane... are you going on a vacation? If so, what in the world do you need to swear about???:flowerforyou:

Most air travel is business related.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I swear like a trooper at work (I'm a Construction Manager and work with about 500 builders!) but I'm very conscious about swearing around kids and even older people.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My only vice is I cuss enough a sailor would blush. However, I always am mindful if kids are around. They need to learn it from TV and the playground like everyone else.
  • TheButterflyChaser
    Options
    I used to have quite the potty-mouth, but when I became a mom, I curbed my language, especially since my daughter started repeated everything like a parrot. One day, in a grocery store, she overheard a woman say the f-word and b-word in a joking manner while talking on a cell. I ignored it. My daughter thought it must be funny though, since the woman was laughing, so she turned to me and said, "I f-ing love you, you b****!" That woman looked at my daughter, then looked at me, and walked away fast. A few days later, she said the same thing to a teacher at school and was punished for it. Since then, I'm very disapproving of swearing in front of kids. It's a manners thing.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I definitely watch my mouth around kids. If I'm in a restaurant or at the pool or wherever and there are children within earshot, I watch what I say. I know I wouldn't appreciate somebody cursing up a storm in front of my 5 year old, so I show the same courtesy for other people and their children.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'd hold my tongue, they don't wanna be on the plane any more than I do, lol
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If you are on a plane, chances are you are surrounded by 100-200 people you don't know. So why are you cursing loud enough to be heard? That's just plain rude whether there are children around or not.

I don't have the cleanest mouth in the world...but I don't throw curse words around in public either....
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I watch what I say around kids too. No cussing but I have around my own kids but I try not to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    This is why it's important to take a second language in school. Now I can curse in Tagalog and some won't know what the hell I'm sayin................................................:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I definitely watch my mouth around kids. If I'm in a restaurant or at the pool or wherever and there are children within earshot, I watch what I say. I know I wouldn't appreciate somebody cursing up a storm in front of my 5 year old, so I show the same courtesy for other people and their children.

Especially if they're quick learners! My neighbor's 9-year-old daughter heard me cuss when something startled me and she's started running around saying it
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    common courtesy, which has gone by the wayside, says you shouldn't use language like that in public. When young ears are around I definately curb my language, and even in public in general you shouldn't have a filthy mouth. I have been shocked countless times with the teens and tweens using language that is truly horrible. AND using it loudly without a care in the world. We were in a restaurant and a group of young teens were eating and every other word was effin this and effin that - very loudly. When my husband finally spoke up they laughed and said tough SH$T. after that it was on - and they wound up being kicked out. not a fun evening the way we had planned.
  • cdhaverland
    Options
    Lead by example and have some manners around everyone.
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I told mine that it showed a persons IQ level! Which sometimes mine drops!! And all that comes out is gibberish...because I'm trying NOT to swear!!! LOLOl!!!