Any Full Time Working Mums out there??

Options

Replies

• SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You may add me too...

I am a full time working Mom to a 4yr old with health problems and a 6yr old. My husband and I are both out of the house 10-12 hrs a day. Most days I am home by 5:30 but with kids, cleaning, homework, and bed time my meals tend to be quite simple and repeat often.
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    full time working mom of 2 myself. I will send you a request in a minute.

One receipe that my family likes and is fairly easy is a cabbage burger casseroll.

You need 2 cans of low fat cresent rolls
    1lb ground beef or turkey
    shredded cabbage (I buy the pre packed cole slaw stuff so that I don't have to shred the cabbage myself)
    4-6 slices of bacon (depends on the taste that you want)
    Mozerella

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and take one can of the cresent rolls and line the bottom of the pan with them pushing the seams together to make a crust.

Brown the beef or turkey and the bacon (I find that using sissors and cutting the bacon while raw is the easiest for me) I cook them together. Add the cabbage and let cook for about 5-10 minutes until cabbage is wilted.

Pour this over the cresents in the bottom of the pan then top with the cheese and then the other can of cresent rolls (this one is hard to get completely pushed together but the gaps are okay). Then bake according to the directions on the cresent rolls (I find that I do need to add some time in order for the cresent rolls to competely cook.

My husband and kids all love this one. We are having it tonight actually! :)

:flowerforyou:
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Gosh, we're all so busy it seems!

I'm a mom to two, son is 4 and my daughter is 20 months. I work full time, school part time and my husband is a full time student graduating next May (finally!!!)
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is so me, working mom of a 5 year old girl, I get home between 6-7 crockpots have become my best friend...feel free to add me anyone
  • Troidl
    Troidl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could as me as well. I work as a receptionist full time and I have a 6 yr old and 2yr old!
  • Ames1026
    Ames1026 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    36 yr old single Mom of 4 here, oldest is 9 and youngest is 2. I work full time and after work its usually about the kids and house work. Hard to keep up with my little tornados.

Feel free to add me!!!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom of a 3 year old girl :flowerforyou:
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    aimeesadventure.com has a lot of family friendly meals. You can always make some on the weekends and then freeze them to use during the week. We love the Meatloaf Muffins!!!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 4 teenagers, work full-time, and am happily married. I'm going to send you a friend request.
  • tychin
    tychin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh how this holds true to my life...I have a 13-YR and 1-YR boys, a full-time job, and I'm starting my own business! Trying to find the time to squeeze in a healthy diet and some excersise is quite the challenge.

PLEASE feel free to add me :)
  • Jennadawinna
    Jennadawinna Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Single mom to a 15-month old here. I work full time and spend 2.5 hour commuting every day. For breakfast, I tend to make protein shakes that I can drink in the car. Lunch is usually a frozen healthy choice meal. For dinner, I usually cook a few things on the weekends that can last me though the work week. I love using my slow cooker for chilis or stews because I can prep all the ingredients in the morning, set the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours, and enjoy the rest of my day.

I take advantage of the daycare at my gym and try to go at least twice a week. On other days, I usually do a DVD workout at home while my little one is eating or taking a nap. It's tough but I'm managing and have lost 25 lbs so far!
  • sarita446
    sarita446 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm not a regular poster on the boards but I do lurk from time to time. I am a full time working mom and mother to two boys, ages 6 and 5 months. I’ve been making small changes in my eating habits since my baby was born and just started incorporating exercise a month ago. I have an elliptical at home and usually work out after the boys go to bed. We eat dinner between 530-7 depending on the night.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi I work full time and my husband and I work opposite shifts so it can be difficult. He usually does dinner on his 2 days off. so then I do dinner the other 5 days. Usually 1 is subway. 1 is usually breakfast-for-dinner like eggs with guacamole. 1 is usually homemade pizza. that leaves 2 more days which are things like homemade chicken nuggets with roasted veggies, homemade meatballs with spaghetti and peas, fajita type stuff, etc. I usually do fix something big on the weekends to have left overs for 1 day and lunches for me at work.

I definitely usually have simpler meals which are quicker to prepare but that's fine by me. pizza only takes longer because of the crust but you can pre-make it and freeze it in batches and take it out to thaw and all of that.

Oh yea, and I'm a mom. lol ;)
  • margie777mar
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I am a full time mom, I have 3 boys, 10, 9 and 7... Is hard!!! But we have to do what we have to do... Today my son Christian who has autism told me that I'm always working... I felt so bad...:frown: but he is the one who always tell me that I have to exercise...Love my babies... Oh I forgot my husband (another kid) :laugh:
  • mfbailey1977
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well. I have a 1.5 yr old daughter, and a husband, and I work full time. I usually get home with my daughter around 6 and by that time she's starving. I hate having to give her a snack so close to dinner, but sometimes I have to if I can't get dinner on the table quickly. I do a lot of prep work ahead of time, such as cutting vegetables, baking chicken, assembling a casserole, etc, the night before after my daughter goes to bed. I plan my menu for the week when I go grocery shopping on the weekend, so while I'm prepping foods I can think ahead to the rest of the week. Also, most of the meals I cook, I make double, so we can have it again later in the week, or I freeze it to have as a quick meal another time. I also use my crockpot about once a week... I prep it the night before and put it in the fridge, so in the morning I just have to pop it in and turn it on.
    I recently discovered the clean eating website, http://www.cleaneatingmag.com, which has a lot of great, healthy, meals. Some of them are a little high maintenance, but aren't too bad if you prep ahead of time.
  • sweetebonyprincess
    sweetebonyprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    HI i'm a mum of two 12 & 5. I work fulltime, to try and fit everything in i cook the dinner from the night before so when we get it its already ready. I exercise in the morning before the children wake. Wednesday is the only day i do it in the evening i go Zumba. Rest of the time i am running round after my two with there extra activites. The 12 year old get home before me and is very good at helping out around the house and she love's cooking. When i trust her more i let her cook for use while i'm not at home.

Please feel free to add me.
  • valderi
    valderi Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a full-time working-at-home mom of three children aged 8, 3 and 8 months old. My oldest is a special needs child and we also run a dairy farm on top of all that so finding time for cooking and exercicing is a real challenge!

Feel free to add me.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me. I am also a full time working busy mom. Trying to balance my job, my family, my house and a heathly lifestyle. I have learned that every day is different and sometimes I have to adjust my workout schedule. I try to cook once & eat twice - as in I try to get two meals out of every one that I cook. I also, LOVE my crockpot!!
  • nifer1029
    nifer1029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time working single mother of a 4 month old. And it's tough. He is my inspiration to lose weight so I can set a good example for him as well as keep up with him (he is already showing signs of being quite active). I tend to cook large quantities of things that can be frozen in single servings. I have an excellent lemon chicken noodle soup recipe (226 calories) and although the ratatouille is a bit heavy on oil, it is very filling for 2 cups worth at 360 calories.
  • katattak73
    katattak73 Posts: 143
    Options
    Fell free to add me...Im also a full time mom and have 3 kids with a husband too..It is not easy at all and i fail alot with keeping my meals healthy and maintaining my excecise but im keeping stable with my weight ;)