WHY ARE THERE NO SINGLE PEOPLE HERE?

Options
124»

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard to come up with a percentage of single people just by what you personally read on the forums. Maybe you're seeing the same handful of people talking about their SO, but since you don't really know them it seems like multiple people. Or maybe you're just not reading the threads where people are talking about being single. There are lots of single people around. I'm not one of them, but as someone pointed out earlier, there's a whole group for singles.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My name is Steve. I am overweight. I am here.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm single and apparently thats not gonna change anytime soon :grumble: But I have noticed that most of my MFP friends are single actually and their goals include getting fit to be more attractive to the opposite sex. Hell, I think I would have a lot less trouble if my belly wasn't so big!

Aw. :flowerforyou:

I used to be the girl who no one notices to a girl everyone noticed -- back and forth like that. I can honestly say I prefer to be the girl who does her own thing whether anyone notices her or not. Not being noticed helps a big deal though gotta say. :laugh: Having people attracted to you is really not all that pleasant especially when you don't feel the same way (major guilt).
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing boyfriend; unfortunately we ritually eat junk food and watch TV together for long stretches. I gained like 15 pounds this year since dating him.
    (But I lost like 15 pounds right before I met him. GOTTA ATTRACT THE MENFOLK.)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Did I mistake this for a dating site? Sorry about that...:huh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Cause we're so sexy, of course.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Lol because most people gain weight once they get into relationships.
  • Tammi6818
    Tammi6818 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    very true
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Oh they're here. You just have to look harder. Most of them are eventually becoming single as well from the things I read on here.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    um. why is this account deactivated? troll much?
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    perhaps, as counter-intuitive as it seems, married people or people in relationships are more likely to be trying to do something about fitness and weight control?

maybe because a lot of people get into their "comfortable relationship mode" and put on weight. Then they decide enough is enough and it's time to take care of business and care of themselves, instead of just the relationship!

That's my story anyway. When you're single and out there looking, you're only focused on you, and looking good to try to get into a relationship! HA! :-)
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm single, I didn't need to be married to get fat I could do it all by myself.... :ohwell:
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing boyfriend; unfortunately we ritually eat junk food and watch TV together for long stretches. I gained like 15 pounds this year since dating him.
    (But I lost like 15 pounds right before I met him. GOTTA ATTRACT THE MENFOLK.)

Lost 51 in the year before starting to date mine. Have gained back 23 of it since March 2011. Blech.