Replies

• Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    this is bull****.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Why are people so afraid of a bedtime snack? I mean, it's obviously not the time to eat a whopper, but really. Having a snack in the evening will not derail your fat loss goals.
  • meljoemom
    meljoemom Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Idiocy.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    this is bull****.

totally agree. let's be friends
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Cute, but basically all wrong. Following those might help someone get to the goal of "eat less food", but none of them are necessary.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Anybody else hearing "two legs good, four legs bad" in their head?

HAHAHA! Yes! Thank you for this :laugh:
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For me losing weight these are a load of bull, don't use any these as I have found my own "rules". going to spout the "EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!". But these might and I say might help some people, specially if they are starting out dieting.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've broken every single one of these rules. Well, with the exception of eating off of other's plates.....that's just gross :laugh: How in the world have I lost 45 pounds already?? Must be magic.....
  • wendy3330
    wendy3330 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    All are very good points - thank you for sharing! I also follow most of these on a daily basis and have been very successful.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I avoid a few of these things - especially grazing... I find that when I am at a party I will keep going back to the chips and dip, then the veggies and dip, then the meat balls, then the spring rolls, etc. It all adds up and sometimes ends up being more calories than a slice or two of pizza...lol

I never have an issue with fat clothes. I always get rid of those... For me it is holding on to clothes that I used to fit into back in the day.... I don' tknow why I bother holding on to these things...even if I fit into them it is unlikely I will wear them ever again! I would rather buy new! haha
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i really dont see how the occasional bite from someone elses food could ever add on "1000 calories easy"
    i guess it depends what sort of things you are trying out - but if you are keeping track of those little samples it shouldnt be a big deal.

I don't think i could ever "accidently" tack on 1000 cals, unless it was via alcohol
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love this!! To me it makes perfect sense!! :flowerforyou:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take most of those with a large pinch of low sodium salt replacement.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    So.. if someone does a gym workout straight from work, or works shifts they're not allowed any dinner unless they get home before 7.30pm? That's just time-ist ;-)
  • amchavarria
    amchavarria Posts: 12
    Options
    some of these are good and obviously all of these work for you. however, everyone is different. My sister is on the Paleo diet and they are all about red meat and she has lost over 60 pounds and all her vitals are good. she does not however eat grains-which i cannot do without. i can eat before bed and sleep just fine. nothing heavy though. everyone is different. maybe, you should have titled it YOUR TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR MY WEIGHT LOSS.
  • amchavarria
    amchavarria Posts: 12
    Options
    sorry meant MY 10 COMMANDMENTS FOR MY WEIGHT LOSS
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take most of those with a large pinch of low sodium salt replacement.

:smile:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Who are you to say what is and is not right to weight loss? 99% of are a bunch of crap. It may work for you, but not for others.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Anybody else hearing "two legs good, four legs bad" in their head?

^^^ Get. Out. Of. My. Head. :laugh:
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    There has been ample research done to show that the human body processes much of the calories consumed at night while you sleep, If you eat just before you sleep, some of the time normally spent during sleep on burning calories is spent on digesting instead. And ample studies have been done showing eating just before bed can disturb sleep making it hard to wake up energized and ready to exercise. Some people can eat within four hours of sleep with no ill effect, just like some people can smoke until the age of 99, but for many it has negative side effects. The rule about not eating four hours before going to sleep is not a hard and fast rule of diet like, you have to eat less than you burn, but it does make it easier for most people to loose weight.

But I want my weight loss to be tight.

hahahahahahaah. I hate it when people spell lose "loose"