Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Options

Replies

• lanteik
    lanteik Posts: 25
    Options
    This sounds great!! I am going to a party this weekend; I think I may try these!
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Wow! I'm so hungry again!! You guys are killing me here! :laugh:
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    Options
    thanks for posting! can't wait to make them.
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Those were DELICIOUS!!! :tongue: My husband even said that they were so good that there is no reason to ever buy pumpkin donuts anymore. Those are a big hit for us in the fall. THank you for giving us a much healthier option! :wink:

Blessings

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Bought the spice mix and pumpkins, I'm going to try this recipe tonight. Can't wait! :drinker:
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I made the cupcakes today - AMAZING! Thanks so much!

I tried jadelynn's frosting, too. I think maybe I didn't beat the cream cheese enough. The flavor is good, but it seems a little runny and there are some lumps. I can't really use it as frosting, but it's a decent dip. (Mmm... Might try it with some apples.)
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    Options
    super tasty!

I topped them with lowfat cream cheese frosting:

1 pkg reduced fat cream cheese, softened
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 tbl vanilla extract

mix together on medium until combined (and it looks like frosting)

this can be refrigerated -- I top each cupcake as I eat it :)
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    This recipe was beyond amazing!! We baked it as a cake & enjoyed it. It worked out well for Thanksgiving desert tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!
  • joanewright
    Options
    bump
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I just made these and they are AMAZING!!! :heart:

I also used sabbles cream cheese frosting receipe: non fat cream cheese
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 tbl vanilla extract

Made 24 cupcakes and with the icing the calories come to 133 each! woo hoo! :drinker:

I saved the version with icing in the food bank as :
    Semi Homemade pumpkin spice cupcakes w/ cream cheese icing.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Oh pure goodness. My family loved these. They are so moist and delicous. We added a fouth cup of chocolate chips that added 20 calories to each muffin. My husband was surpised that he didn't miss the frosting. We will be making these again. Thank you so much for the recipe.:flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    We just made these tonight and loved them! We added an extra teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    actually I made these last week with both a spice cake mix and a chocolate one
    the eggs and the water are not necessary... all I used was the mix, the pumpkin and a good mix till it was all incorporated... and then I dropped spoonfuls on cooking sheets so that they cooked up as muffin tops --- 24 at I think 2 pts each :) no additional cals from the eggs :)

I tweaked a weight watchers recipe I found online.

1 box spice cake mix
    1-14 oz. can of pumpkin
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup water

Bake according to the box direction. Makes 24 at 98 calories a piece. It's awsomely delicious. The 2 eggs only added 6 calories per cupcake and made them rise and get nice and fluffy. Just added that water cause the batter seemed way to thick for cupcakes. They are in the food bank as Semi Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Just remember if you add frosting that will up the calories (although if I had some cream cheese in my house that would have been totally worth it!).
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    actually I made these last week with both a spice cake mix and a chocolate one
    the eggs and the water are not necessary... all I used was the mix, the pumpkin and a good mix till it was all incorporated... and then I dropped spoonfuls on cooking sheets so that they cooked up as muffin tops --- 24 at I think 2 pts each :) no additional cals from the eggs :)

How was the chocolate cake mix with the pumpkin? I was thinking about trying that, but wasn't sure if the pumpkin puree would give it a weird flavor (not that you can really mess up chocolate:tongue: )
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It was delish!!! you don't actually taste the pumpkin it just gives this nice super moist amazing consistancy to the whole thing....super yummy, even the spice mix is not that pumpkinny--- I gave both to my neighbor who HATES pumpkin and she loved them both, as well as the oatmeal choco cranberry cookies i made with pumpkin,

:bigsmile:
  • ZuzanaFan
    Options
    Bump!:bigsmile:
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    bump!:love:
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump:love:
  • feistygirl09