Ever Witness Something Funny at the Gym??

Options

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My husband got the walking farts once. IT was funny. He was pretty embarrassed.
    We do have a guy who wears biking pants all the time. Once in a while he wear the bobby brown pants too. It is horrible when is wears the white ones and he is doing leg presses. It is not a pretty sight.

The walking farts? We call those "machine gun farts"...my brother gets them when he laughs really hard. It's like being attacked by an assault rifle.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    My husband got the walking farts once. IT was funny. He was pretty embarrassed.
    We do have a guy who wears biking pants all the time. Once in a while he wear the bobby brown pants too. It is horrible when is wears the white ones and he is doing leg presses. It is not a pretty sight.

The walking farts? We call those "machine gun farts"...my brother gets them when he laughs really hard. It's like being attacked by an assault rifle.

:laugh:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    im so glad i go to curves all women gym its great doesnt have that gym feel its great and when i go im usualy one of the last there maybe 3 others there. actualy they almost run their clocks by me im there just about same time each night i go and i start on the same machine.
    so i guess im the funny thing at the gym oh and i keep turning up with curves merchindise that mom has gotten me from her gym in sydney its awsome they are all jealous of me (ok we are a new gym just over a year old)

they probably laugh at me at the pool too thinking that fat chick what is she doing here (ok thats just my lack of self confidence coming through) i still go though and the more i go the better i get at ignoring the looks at least im doing something.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    One day, the young woman on the elliptical ahead of me wore the wrong underwear.....every 20 seconds or so she would reach behind her and tug on the wedgie!! :noway:

I also love the ones who jack up the incline on the treadmill, then hold onto the bar and lean waaaayyy back while walking, or basically suspend themselves above the moving belt with their arms!......just 'cuz the computers SAYS it's burning more calories that way doesn't mean it's actually working for ya!! :laugh:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    But I tell ya, there is nothing more humbling then to work out in your undies:noway: , It is VERY motiviting! Lol! And no one has to see!

omg, can't ... stop... mental... images...
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    lol, some funny stuff on here, but now i'm self concious lol. I don't smell, but i think i might make some faces when working out lol, i don't do free weights tho... as i'm not a 'Man Date' person lol

Al
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Boy, am I glad I work out at home...the only person I have to worry about grossing out is myself!:laugh:

Ditto that sista!!! I have a treadmill and a jumprope in the basement and a pilates video in my bedroom!! That way the only person I have to see or smell is myself! :laugh:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Boy, am I glad I work out at home...the only person I have to worry about grossing out is myself!:laugh:

Ditto to that!! I have a treadmill and a jumprope in the basement and a pilates video in the DVD player, so the only person I have to smell or see is myself!! Sometimes I think the gym environment is like a meat market!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I think I've definitely done some of these before.
    All the fruit in my diet gives me gas sometimes, sorry old guy next to me on the elliptical! :tongue:
    I reuse my gym shorts too, but wash them when they get odiforous, everything else is clean, and I wear deodorant.
    I know I make some funny faces too, but that all goes with working out hard.
    No man dates though. Like someone else said, I have plenty of other things to do besides hang out at the gym.
    I see them quite a bit though, since I go to a pretty "hard core" gym. Almost 70% of the people there have a "bro-lationship" going on.

As for a funny story myself.
    I pulled in to the gym parking lot and there was a "rather large" person in her mini van snacking on (seriously downing) some burger king, 10 minutes later she comes in the gym door, hits the stationary bike for 15 minutes and leaves for the day. Now THATS a work out.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    OMG! I'm that girl!

I've worn the wrong undies, and had to "remove" them. Worn the wrong shorts and had to pull them up. Dropped my mp3 player on the treadmill. Had the walking farts when I ate too many veggie. I wear makeup when I work out (I work out during my lunch break). I read when I work out (homework on the elliptical). I'm also the girl that went out for Margaritas after my work out with the girls.

But whatever! I'm going to look good in a bathing suit this summer and in Cancun :drinker:
  • honeybee71
    Options
    I think all of us are guilty of some of the issues..espcially the walking farts. I mean a balanced diet says 5-9 servings of fruits & veggies and at least 3 servings of whole grains.HELLO! Do I have to say gas factory?! "man dates" are really annoying where I go to the fitness center. We only have a curves and I don't care for their workout (too structured) so I joined the fitness center at the hospital's physical therapy department. It's pretty small and some of the weight machines are behind the treadmills and bikes. Lately there has been on "couple" on a man date every day I go right behind me while I'm on the bike. The worst part is that I alway feel self-conscious because of my large size when someone is behind me while I'm working out.

As for funny, I went to the gym one day after a looooong break (6 months) and hopped on the treadmill, didn't look because I knew exactly how many beeps to make 4mph on the speed button. Unfortunately, I must have miscounted because the treadmill started and I flew off backwards and face down. I had accidently set it at 10mph!:blushing:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    But I tell ya, there is nothing more humbling then to work out in your undies:noway: , It is VERY motiviting! Lol! And no one has to see!

omg, can't ... stop... mental... images...

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I think all of us are guilty of some of the issues..espcially the walking farts. I mean a balanced diet says 5-9 servings of fruits & veggies and at least 3 servings of whole grains.HELLO! Do I have to say gas factory?!

Well you know what they say about beans....

Beans, beans the musical fruit..
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    [
    [/quote]

Well you know what they say about beans....

Beans, beans the musical fruit..
    [/quote]

The more you eat....the more you toot:laugh:
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    The more you toot the better you feel, so eat beans at every meal :blushing:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    On Earth Day, I bought a shirt that said, "Conserve gas....toot into a jar!"

I'm glad I don't have that problem. Veggies and beans don't seem to have that effect on me, and I bet those around me are thankful.
  • honeybee71
    Options
    I wish my car ran on methane! I'd never have to go to a filling station again!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    As for funny, I went to the gym one day after a looooong break (6 months) and hopped on the treadmill, didn't look because I knew exactly how many beeps to make 4mph on the speed button. Unfortunately, I must have miscounted because the treadmill started and I flew off backwards and face down. I had accidently set it at 10mph!:blushing:
    lol thats :laugh: funny
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I think all of us are guilty of some of the issues..espcially the walking farts. I mean a balanced diet says 5-9 servings of fruits & veggies and at least 3 servings of whole grains.HELLO! Do I have to say gas factory?! "man dates" are really annoying where I go to the fitness center. We only have a curves and I don't care for their workout (too structured) so I joined the fitness center at the hospital's physical therapy department. It's pretty small and some of the weight machines are behind the treadmills and bikes. Lately there has been on "couple" on a man date every day I go right behind me while I'm on the bike. The worst part is that I alway feel self-conscious because of my large size when someone is behind me while I'm working out.

hahahahaha! I am so sorry I'm laughing, but nothing's funnier than someone falling!:laugh:
    p.s., hope you're okay LOL!
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    bump -