Favorite subway sandwich?

Options

Replies

• m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and skip Subway. I used to work there and trust me- it is not that great. If you must eat there- skip the meat. It all comes in presliced and packed. Don't even get me going on the steak...yuck. The toppings are sliced in store and are usually fresh.
    I personally do not eat at Subway- I choose Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mikes and Which Wich. They subs taste better and are worth it to me.

What you say makes a lot of sense
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i always get 6" veggie on flat bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, cucumber, and mustard. makes me happy in the mouth. maybe that will be lunch today. mmm.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I'm on plan, I like to get a veggie sub on Italian herb & cheese, pepperjack cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, lots of pickles and black olives, jalopeno peppers, salt and pepper and a little bit of honey mustard.

When I'm having a treat day, I LOVE Seafood and crab on Italian herb & cheese, pepperjack cheese, LOTS of mayo (like it should be illegal the amount I like!), black olives, salt and pepper. The closest Subway to me that has the seafood and crab is a good 40 minutes away...perhaps that's a good thing! :blushing: Man, I LOVE THAT SUB!!! :heart:
  • Laurawash30
    Options
    Egg White English Muffin with lots of veggies no cheese extra hot peppers... only 130 calories.... I have it a few times a week:happy:
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My usual: 6" ham on wheat, swiss cheese, toasted, with lettuce, pickles, onion, cucumber, black and green olives, green peppers, hot peppers(everything but tomato), southwest sauce.

My favorite: 6" meatball, extra sauce, green peppers, hot peppers, both olives, sprinkling of parmesan.
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat the club on Italian with american cheese, lettuce, and lite mayo. 780 calories total for a footlong.

Before my diet I used to eat a meatball footlong on italian herb and cheese with double american cheese and lots of ranch sauce
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I do Subway every Tuesday night. It's the only way I can feed my kid and I dinner and get us to guitar lessons on time without ruining my diet. My all-time every-week week favourite:

* 6" Honey Oat
    * Turkey and Ham
    * Toasted with white cheese
    * Lettuce, tomato, onions, green pepper, olives.
    * Honey Mustard dressing (it's low cal/low fat too).
    * Baked Lays and hot tea or maybe some Iced green tea

(Every now and then I allow myself one oatmeal raisin cookie.)
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and skip Subway. I used to work there and trust me- it is not that great. If you must eat there- skip the meat. It all comes in presliced and packed. Don't even get me going on the steak...yuck. The toppings are sliced in store and are usually fresh.
    I personally do not eat at Subway- I choose Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mikes and Which Wich. They subs taste better and are worth it to me.

On that exact note.. I read somewhere that the chicken used for the oven roasted chicken breast.. was full of fillers like seaweed and other things.... I forgot that til I read your post...

I do enjoy Jimmy John's... mmm turkey slim w 1 mayo & 3 mustard packets lol.. it is an exact science. LOL. I could actually eat their bread every single day.. lol. But, diet wise, I may be better off partaking in their "Free Smells" they offer lol.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat out but If i do go to Subway I do a foot long cut in 4 to portions, 9 grain honey oat , turkey, egg white, lots of lettuce, red onion, jalapenos, banana pepper, black pepper, parmesan, honey mustard.

I prefer to make at home using flat out bread (90 cal r 100 cal for flax) using 1 egg whisked and cooked flat (kinda like subway does but thinner), Meat (either tuna, turkey, chicken(slided or slow cooked n pulled), with lots of iceberg lettuce, and sauce (a low cal of ranch, bbq, buffalo mixed with ranch, caesar, french, marinara or wasabi mayo)

If using about 3 oz meat(tuna is lower and more meat) its around 200 cal and thats whole....I split it into 3-4 portions to space out for about 4 hrs. I only eat it whole after a empty belly workout.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    6" melt on italian herbs and cheese with cheese, lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, sub sauce, light mayo and chipotle sauce.

sigh......

I don't eat that anymore.
    (looks up nutritional information)
    actually it's only 250 (240 in the us) calories before the sauces. That's acceptable for an occasional treat.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't do my favorite sandwich anymore because I quit eating meat. The favorite was this:

Chicken on Italian herbs and cheese. Non-toasted. Pepperjack cheese, spinach, tomato, lettuce, red onion, green pepper and honey mustard.

But now I do:

Veggie patty with American cheese on Italian. Non-toasted. Lettuce, spinach, tomato, red onion, mustard and light lite mayo.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Usual: 6" Wheat turkey breast, no cheese, olives, pickles, peppers, spinach, onion, maybe feta if they have it. Vinegar and black pepper.

Treat: 6" Wheat sweet onion teriyaki , warmed, no cheese, same veggies - minus the feta cheese, easy on the sauce.

I don't understand the bit about their meats being unhealthy because they are prepackaged and whatnot. How is that different from the stuff I would buy at the store and make my own sammie with?
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Usual: 6" Wheat turkey breast, no cheese, olives, pickles, peppers, spinach, onion, maybe feta if they have it. Vinegar and black pepper.

Treat: 6" Wheat sweet onion teriyaki , warmed, no cheese, same veggies - minus the feta cheese, easy on the sauce.

I don't understand the bit about their meats being unhealthy because they are prepackaged and whatnot. How is that different from the stuff I would buy at the store and make my own sammie with?

It's not different entirely except some sub places cut the meat right in front of you. I do know from working at Subway that the meats can be very gross tasting after sitting for awhile. We had some meat that sold way less than others and so out of the fridge and onto the line it came everyday for months. The steak, chicken, and meatballs come to the store frozen and in the morning are heated in the microwave. Anything not used goes back to the fridge to repeat the process the next day and the next until it is all used up.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Veggie Delite, with Cheese, Sweet Onion Sauce, and all the salad stuffs except Tomatoes and Olives.
    I have not had a subway in over a year as I avoid bread as much as possible.
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    Veggie delight on whole wheat, pepper jack, and ALL veggies!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    6 inch - Oven Roasted Chicken on white or wheat with pepperjack cheese, lettuce, light mayo

OR

6 inch - Turkey & Ham on white or wheat with lettuce, light mayo, tomato

Or sometimes just turkey and the usual
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Flat bread, turkey, provolone, lettuce, pickle, onion, light mayo.
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I always wonder if Subways are quite the health food they try to portray????????????????

They're a healthier form of fast food. I don't even like them particularly, for that amount of calories I would definitely rather make a yummy pasta with veggies or even my own veggie sandwich with everything I like on it.

It is convenient though if you're out and about and are too tired or can't be bothered to cook.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i used to get the footlong Cold Cut Combo on Italian or Monterey Cheddar with american cheese, mayo, mustard, vinger and oil, salt and pepper.

now i get the Black Forest Ham on wheat or flatbread with mustard, honey mustard, and oil and vinger.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    steak and cheese on honey oat, with lettuce, tomato and onions, mmmmm....