What are you missing?

Options

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out much that I miss, but I need to.

I cut out pop and I now no longer miss it. In fact, I really don't like the feeling I get when I drink some. That helps me not drink it now.

Fast food in general is something I need to cut out, or down at a minimum. It is so very bad for you, but so very good. I only really eat it for lunches, but need to do something different. I have a plan, so hopefully I'll be missing fast food very soon.

Outside of that, I just try to eat in moderation. If I get a lot of calories with one particular meal, I eat a lot healthier for the rest of the day. So, if I want mac n cheese - I eat it.

I hear ya on the portion control issue though. Give me some mashed potatoes and all is done. Fortunately, my husband is allergic so we rarely have them in the house.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I try not to deprive myself from anything that I love. Mac & Cheese and all the other goodies in moderation, but I realize that some people can't have their faves in smaller portions, and that is too bad.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love mac and cheese to and every once in a while I will get an easy mac cup only 220 calories and 6 grams of fat I think. I'll bring it for lunch when I'm craving it. Its only one serving so you CAN eat the whole thing. Yummy
    Hmm, I think I have one of those in the cabinet. I may have to try it! Thanks!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea :sad: I just can't stand to drink my calories when I could be eating food. 1200 doesn't go a long way most days...

I can't remember the last time I had pizza, but I wouldn't say I've given it up. I also don't eat appetizers at restaurants anymore. Many times they're more than my entree in cals!

One thing that I have not given up that I love is cheeseburgers. I will make an enormous amount of room in my daily allowance for a big juicy burger with fries sometimes. Yet, when I do eat them, they are from nice restaurants--no fast food when I could be having un-frozen patties!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i didnt cut out anything, but i do have strict restriction so i dont have a latte every day not even one every week anymore. just once in a while treat.

oreo's only 3 now thats tuff.

pasta and bread are hard to portion but i do it most of the time, sometimes i over indulge but i just try to make up for it. hey we are only human and food is GOOD.
  • memaw66
    Options
    Sweet tea :sad: I just can't stand to drink my calories when I could be eating food. 1200 doesn't go a long way most days...

I can't remember the last time I had pizza, but I wouldn't say I've given it up. I also don't eat appetizers at restaurants anymore. Many times they're more than my entree in cals!

One thing that I have not given up that I love is cheeseburgers. I will make an enormous amount of room in my daily allowance for a big juicy burger with fries sometimes. Yet, when I do eat them, they are from nice restaurants--no fast food when I could be having un-frozen patties!
    I used to drink nothing but sweet tea and now I can't stand the taste of sweet tea. I drink mine with nothing, just tea. Yummmy you can actually taste the tea!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Mac and Cheese, and lots of it!
    Taco Bell
    Chinese food, and lots of it!
    Ice cream, and lots blah blah blah

I miss anything bad. I am trying to learn how to have just a little bit, but portion control is extremely hard. I'm an all or nothing type of person.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out, I have learned to have it in moderation and MAC and Cheese is one of my favorite foods that I will never go without.

I haven't cut out most things. But with my (used to have) super high blood pressure, the chinese food with its unworldly amount of sodium jumped to the top of a short NO WAY list.

o dear gawd now you've done it!!! lol i've been so good lately. i'll think of chinese food all night now:sad: :sad: . it's my fav in the world!!!
  • JapaneseAngel27
    Options
    Oh, memaw, I miss Mac & Cheese, too. And pasta in general. I'm a pasta fiend. And I always thought that a bowl of spaghetti with tomato sauce was a good choice until I finally looked at the calorie count on my serving of spaghetti! Talk about a shock.

Also, my dad's fried chicken. OMG--talk about yummy. I cringe to even think about calorie count on that.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!! Miss it, the honey barbeque wings....oh boy. Every so often, I workout really hard on the weekends so that I can go and have a cheat meal of my choice. I just haven't tried to go back to KFC. I am actually suprised I don't crave it like I used to.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out, I have learned to have it in moderation and MAC and Cheese is one of my favorite foods that I will never go without.

Same here...I eat what I want but I exercise to make up for it. I may not eat some things as often or in as big of amounts as I used to but I haven't cut anything out.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I miss Sausage McMuffin with Egg.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Memaw I can cut out a lot of food like warm sourdough french bread & french fries but sugar is my trigger as you well know from my crying post last night:sad: :sad: :sad: But I'm seriously learning still how to control my portions when it comes to all those "bad devilish" type foods. Haven't been able to control myself & old habits. I can measure it out & eat pasta, mashed potatoes but OMG frosting is toooo smoooth to resist. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Think I'll go have some mac & cheese for breakfast (in the premeasured cup):drinker: :heart:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I cut out all of my processed foods, cokes, tea, coffee, fast food!!!! So I pretty much killed myself. :sad:
    But really I am doing really good. I have alot 10 pounds now and I really don't miss it at all. I went to McDonalds for my girls last night and didn't order anything at all. I went home and made dinner for myself and I was pretty proud of myself for not getting anything even though I wanted to but didn't :bigsmile: :bigsmile: !!!!!!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    McDonald's French Fries. I love them and can't have them. If I even get a small package I woof it down and want more. I do eat a portion of baked tater tots from time to time at 160 calories for 10 tots but it's not the same. Most of the time I don't deprive myself but I do have to stay away from McDonald's French Fries.:embarassed:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

I haven't cut out most things. But with my (used to have) super high blood pressure, the chinese food with its unworldly amount of sodium jumped to the top of a short NO WAY list.

o dear gawd now you've done it!!! lol i've been so good lately. i'll think of chinese food all night now:sad: :sad: . it's my fav in the world!!!

Yes ma'am, it's some gooooood stuff. When I crave chinese food I go online and find an article about how really bad it is for you and read it. It usually helps my brain decide it doesnt want it anymore.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Yes ma'am, it's some gooooood stuff. When I crave chinese food I go online and find an article about how really bad it is for you and read it. It usually helps my brain decide it doesnt want it anymore.

Really chgudnitz?!!! I honestly didn't know it was bad for you. I thought it's lesser evil compared to indian, mexican or for that matter my own native cooking (everything swims in oil and high in carbs). Please point me to some of these info you've got on chinese food. Tell you how sad I am....went to Amsterdam on my bday right and OH said to me....let's spoil you today pick a fancy restaurant and I chose ..............yeah you guessed right, chinese!!! How sad is that.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I still have it once in awhile but I miss all the chips and salsa I used to eat. SO YUMMY!
  • memaw66
    Options
    I had a meeting last night and it was at Chester's Hamburgers. Guess what I ordered??

WATER!!!

That's it, nothing to eat. just water. I sat there while all the other ladies (about 30) had burgers, fries and onion rings. Only two people had salad. And it smelled sooooooooooooo good!!

But I went home and ate my baked pork chop and green beans.

Go Memaw
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I miss my chip shop binges that i used to have every monday. Battered sausage chips and curry sauce.
    I used to eat way passed feeling full, now thats a bad habit.
    Now like most others i exercise potion control, i try not to eat too much at one time so i can eat lots of times a day. Well I've been told I'm supposed to!!
    :smile: