Options
1235»

Replies

• Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    chicken teriyaki ... ( spell check) lol
    wheat or italian herbs and cheese . mm soo good
    i only put lettuce and banana peppers .. provolone cheese .. and the onion sauce : ) mmm yum. i make sure it fits my calories if i have it tho.
  • memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    turkey on honey oat with american cheese, lettuce, black olives, pickles and light mayo (trying to cut out the mayo!)
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    Im a newbie vegan and subway has become my bestfriend. I love the 9 grain honey oat, veggie delight with lettuce, pickles, olives and tomatoes. I literally eat a 6" every other day. Thank God for something normal that doesnt consist of tofu!!!

Hey! I'm just wondering.... you eat honey on a pure vegan diet?
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i am a Subway owner and yes, they can be a healthier choice than a burger or fried chicken. The highest calorie sandwiches are tuna and BMT. If you don't do cheese or tons of mayo you are fine. I do double meat and that sustains me better, i am a protein person. Load it up with all the veggies and a mustard and you are good.
    No soda and no cookies! Each cookie is approx 300 cal and 10 fat grams. luckily the chips are portioned but they are still chips.
    Sharon

i manage fairly well, getting the baked lays potato chips, and that 1 peanut butter cookie at subway is my treat for the week.

the sweet tea on the other hand. i've gotten to where i can water it down, 1 part sweet to 9 parts unsweet. i about had a stroke when i saw how much sugar i was taking in drinking sweet tea.
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Usually Tuna, but lately I've loved their Vegetarian Patty. I've read it's made by Morningstar Farms. It's really tasty and filling.

I usually omit cheese to save the calories. Parmesan Oregano Bread. And lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, green peppers, olives, banana peppers, pickles, and occasionally lite mayo on the veggie patty.

I like the apple chips as a chip and then I get unsweet tea to save calories on drinks too. Not bad for a healthy option when you're in a pinch! You get a lot of food for the calories, versus trying to get a Happy Meal or tiny side salad from somewhere else.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    smokehouse chicken on flatbread.
  • amberleighM04
    amberleighM04 Posts: 108
    Options
    Subway Veggie on Italian, with american cheese, lettuce, onion, cucumber, pickles, mayo, salt and pepper and oil.

Not the healthiest but I LOVE it!
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Tuna-
    Italian Herbs & Cheese bread with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, banana peppers, hot peppers, pickles, topped off with light mayo....
    YUMMY!
  • zeleni
    zeleni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Did you know you can calculate the exact amount (or very close to) of calories in your favorite sub!?
    http://www.nutritionix.com/subway/nutrition-calculator

I LOVE subway!!

1) Chicken bacon ranch

OR

2) Turkey Breast

With a TON of veggies, hot sauce, mayo and chipotle sauce! MMMM... all this talking about subway makes me want it!
  • MissYatta
    MissYatta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Big Philly Cheesesteak on Italian Herb and Cheese Bread, with Pepperjack cheese, lettuce, banana peppers, black olives, and Chipotle Southwest sauce. I hardly ever change up.
  • glitterysam
    glitterysam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Veggie delight not toasted 6" wheat with cheese, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, extra jalapenos & lite mayo
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Being Good - 6" Ham on Wheat bread, no cheese, with lettuce, red onion, tomato, jalepenos and black pepper - Very tasty, 278 calories and 3.8g fat (1.2g saturated fat).

Being Bad - 12" Meatball Marinara, cheese, lettuce, red onion, tomato, jalepenos and black pepper - Also very tasty but 888 calories and 32.2g fat (12.8g saturated fat).

Incredible difference and just goes to show that if you are armed with the correct info. when eating on the move you can still make sensible healthy choices. The 6" sub fills me up ok and I can always add an apple if I am still hungry.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so a bit limited as I don't like their veggie pattie so I basically just have cheese on wheat or hearty italian with veggies.