weekend CHEATERS!

Options
jend711
jend711 Posts: 8
Anyone else out there that is just like ME?? I count my calories down to a tee during the week, literally if it goes in my mouth I count it, and I work out 4-5 times during the week. BUT when it comes to the weekend I am a CHEATER, I don't go extremely overboard, but I do enjoy the things I want. Anyone else have this same routine???

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I do :(

It's getting depressing. I'm not far from my goal anymore so evertime I cheat I'm just having to start over again Monday. I'm tired of this hamster wheel I'm stuck in.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Yes and I am really not happy with myself over it. I work so hard all week and sabotage myself on the weekend. Its self destructive and I need to get it under control. For me it seems to coincide with drinking and being social on the weekends. Frustrating!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    On the occasion yes.

All work no play is no fun! lol
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do cheat a little on the weekends. Like you, I am very strict with myself during the week so if I didnt cheat a little I would end up binging and completely lose my mind. That little weekend cheat keeps me from losing control and so far it hasn't effected my weight lose. If it ever does have an adverse effect I will have to stop but for now its my weekend sanity!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yes and I am really not happy with myself over it. I work so hard all week and sabotage myself on the weekend. Its self destructive and I need to get it under control. For me it seems to coincide with drinking and being social on the weekends. Frustrating!

Exactly...so what we just cut ourselves off from the world and have no life? It's very frustrating. It's already hard enough during the week to be so focused and stay away from the temptations, but to have no fun on the weekends? What can we do?!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat on the weekends...I allow myself to eat at maintenance for two days a week though. Hasn't really set me back at all that I can notice.

Edit: Also should add that Saturdays are my 'cardio session from hell' days when I'll easily burn anywhere from 1-2000 or more calories on a long hike or bike ride.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Anyone else out there that is just like ME?? I count my calories down to a tee during the week, literally if it goes in my mouth I count it, and I work out 4-5 times during the week. BUT when it comes to the weekend I am a CHEATER, I don't go extremely overboard, but I do enjoy the things I want. Anyone else have this same routine???

You should quit, it's only hurting your progress.
  • Desousa4688
    Desousa4688 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is me exactly!
    I am perfect all week long and then the weekend comes and I overindulge!
    I blame my sister and her amazing cooking!!!
  • dianacrum
    dianacrum Posts: 67
    Options
    I completely agree with this one!! And it is harder now that the weather is changing,....you have grad parties, cook outs, etc. and it makes it very hard!! I am down on myself about it, I am working on a plan to eat better and drink lighter on weekends to keep myself from going over so much!!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Hmmm there is no point going off the rails on the weekends, it's not the end od the world but ultimately depending on your intake, it's only inhibiting your progress. Look at your weekly figures I guess, see how that is, might not turn out to be that bad over the week :)
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with the same thing. I'm thinking about switching from a cheat weekend to just a cheat day. I do so well throughout the week and then go nuts on the weekend. LOL. The worst part is that when Monday comes around, my stomach thinks it's the weekend still and wants to pig out.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yup! 4-5 days straight of strict strict then the weekend rolls around and BAM there goes all my hard work! Every week I say I'm not gonna do it and lately I've been failing.
  • dbattles0182
    Options
    The weekends are the hardiest but I try to pick one day in which I cheat on and just use that day. I dont feel as guilty if I do one day instead of the whole weekend. Or I workout on the weekends too to make me feel less guilty. :smile:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Definitely!! I've actually worked on adjusting my schedule a bit. I really like having one day where I don't log (which used to be both Saturday and Sunday, no good! and I've switched it so I don't log on Fridays. I still eat relatively healthy because I'm at work and pre-plan my meals..but I tend to drink more and snack more on Friday nights too (it actually helps fuel my runs Saturday mornings so it's an added benefit!). But I do log on Saturday and Sundays now...not easy but it's been working so far!
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I am the same way and each Monday I tell myself that the upcoming weekend will be different, and that I will stay on track. Rarely happens which is so frustrating. Don't know why it is so dang difficult to treat the weekends like the weekdays and stay withing goals, or at least not binge.
  • bettymcguire
    Options
    I like the way you referred to it as a hamster wheel because that is exactly what it is. Why do we do it? When does the wheel stop and we finally get off and say this is it, I'm not doing this anymore!!!!
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but then Monday comes and I'm very mad at myself... I've been trying to get out of that vicious cycle. It's only hurting me!!!
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have more time to work out on the weekend, so I stay as active as possible. I don't overindulge on food too badly, but let me tell you, if I just had to hang out through an hour of kids' moonbounce party, when the cake comes out, I'm having a little piece! Beer is the bigger problem though. I don't drink often, but at 100+ calories per bottle, it doesn't take much to derail your entire day.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Exactly...so what we just cut ourselves off from the world and have no life? It's very frustrating. It's already hard enough during the week to be so focused and stay away from the temptations, but to have no fun on the weekends? What can we do?!

You don't have to drink to be social, says the guy who had two parties over the last weekends, but maybe if you know your going to be drinking go do something active during the day and dance heaps when you're out.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I deliberately allow myself anything on the weekend. I wouldn't be able to keep this up if I didn't.

Only difference is I'm maintaining. I didn't do this when I was losing. And I'm exercising more often than before as well.