AFTER A BINGE, AFTER A MEAL OUT- READ THIS!!

Options

Replies

• rosiejocotton
    Options
    Bless you my good woman.
  • EmPower27
    EmPower27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through the whole thread, but that original post is definitely going on my fridge. And in my purse when my hubby and I go away for the weekend for a wedding-- I know I'll be indulging a bit. Thank you!
  • Melisa25
    Melisa25 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you! Wow! :happy:
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    true. :)
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to read after my weekend of overeating and being up on the scale by 3lbs. Thanks for posting this because it reassures me that all is not lost and I can go on!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I hate it when people are calling themselves a failure because they ate more than their goal. Especially if they're at 1200. So you ate 1600, so what? It's still below maintenance (or AT maintenance for some tiny people). You are not a failure or going to gain weight by going over your calories for a day.
    You might see a water weight gain on the scale but it is NOT FAT, it's WATER retention from excess sodium. Drink a ton the next day and you'll be fine. :)
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It has been really hard for me to keep on track recently, a lot going on in my life with my mom being in the hospital, planning my wedding, bridal shower very soon, other family get togethers ect and reading this this morning when i was feeling so down on myself thinking that these past few weeks might have out down on my hard work really helped me. I thank you so much for posting this. Its funny that even after almost 80 pounds down, i still am so hard on myself when i slip off track. I am so going to print this and post it somewhere that I can see it every single day.

xoxox
  • meowalissa
    meowalissa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow! *sighs a HUGE sigh of RELIEF* Now I don't feel as bad about eating that pieca' banana bread las' night..Whew. THanks so much for this REAL -down to earth- humorous take and truthful prospective- You rock.
    ps. Be my MFP Friend, yes? Lol ; P
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So true! I have had a lot of those cheat days and meal but in the end I still managed to loose 6.6 kg so what the hell :)
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    Bump....and love this. Thank you!!!
  • mdmomof4
    mdmomof4 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP.....GREAT POST
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Amazinggg.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have gone over my weekly calories by about 1500-2000 the odd time and each time I do, I gain at least 1lb, if not more.

Not forgetting that at least 5 out of those 7 days, I would have been at a deficit, but yet one or two blips, I actually do ruin all my hard work.

#worstmetabolismintheworld

I can relate, After a few days @ my in laws house i always come home to see a gain on the scale but truthfully majority of the time it is only water weight and i go back to my "normal" weight after a couple of days
  • jojomia
    jojomia Posts: 18
    Options
    Awesome! Way to put it in perspective!
  • MadeInHeaven83
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :love: I love you for posting. THANKS FOR THE REALITY CHECK!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    BUT REMEMBER!!
    GOING OVER 500 CALORIES EVERYDAY WILL EQUAL TO A POUND GAINED!
    So don't be lured into thinking that if you go over, you won't gain any weight!

However, as she said, if you are at a deficit all week and you go over on the weekend or a special outing, no worries!:flowerforyou:
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bump