Need help breaking it to her......

Options

Replies

• JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You don't. Go to a member of management and have them address it. You remove yourself from the equation and you don't have to worry about offending or embarrasing her. Besides, she could have a medical condition that causes it and do you really want to be the one to put her on the spot like that? More than likely she already knows about it and is probaly self-consious as it is. Whether she is aware of it or not though, most companies would prefer that a member of management handle the situation so that it can be done appropriately and avoid any type of issues (which trust me, can arise if the situation is not handled appropriately).

Like having your boss come and talk to you about your bad breath is NOT embarrassing?????

Just says something in the nicest way possible....(edit) or leave a fresh breath goodie basket, if you don't feel comfortable actually saying something

On another note....If my breath stinks, please tell me...If I have food on my face, please tell me...If I have TP stuck to my shoe, Please tell me....come on...You aren't trying to be rude, you are trying to be helpful....
  • titserfides
    titserfides Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You: Do you think my breath stinks?
    Girl: No..
    You: Yours does. :blushing:
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    dude, send me her email address, i will send her a note and just tell her straight up...yo, your mouth, fix it...peace...
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    dont tell her, its not worth it.

i had tonsillitis for two years before having two horrible surgeries. with the stones, infections, and constant thrush if someone would have said i had bad breath i would have lost it. for real. i couldnt go a day without crying during those years.
  • sportsbear46
    Options
    2) Wear dark sunglasses and pretend you're blind and act like you can't see her face. Then take toilet paper and wipe her mouth. When she asks what you're doing say "Apparently I forgot to wipe my *kitten* this morning, because it sure does stink!"

I couldn't stop laughing out loud here at work!! Hilarious
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    my dentist said nasal drainage can also cause really bad breath. Maybe she has really bad allergies. Yeah, stick a piece of gum in your mouth and then offer her one as well, giving the illusion that you are just being polite and sharing.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    dude, send me her email address, i will send her a note and just tell her straight up...yo, your mouth, fix it...peace...

This is actually the best one ...REAL TALK
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You don't. Go to a member of management and have them address it. You remove yourself from the equation and you don't have to worry about offending or embarrasing her. Besides, she could have a medical condition that causes it and do you really want to be the one to put her on the spot like that? More than likely she already knows about it and is probaly self-consious as it is. Whether she is aware of it or not though, most companies would prefer that a member of management handle the situation so that it can be done appropriately and avoid any type of issues (which trust me, can arise if the situation is not handled appropriately).

Like having your boss come and talk to you about your bad breath is NOT embarrassing?????

Just says something in the nicest way possible....

On another note....If my breath stinks, please tell me...If I have food on my face, please tell me...If I have TP stuck to my shoe, Please tell me....come on...You aren't trying to be rude, you are trying to be helpful....

Sorry I disagree - there's a reason they call them management. There's a reason they get paid the big bucks.

There was a lady I used to work with that didn't shower regularly or wear deodarant. Other employees had to complain and the manager & HR rep sat her down to discuss.

She very well may have a medical condition that is causing this issue.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    There is a product out called Smart Mouth......I started useing it twice a day and it is Great!!! Even for mrning breath. I have started telling EVERYBODY about it. The beauty is that many of the ppl with constant bad breath have started using it. They never got their feeling hurt. Just turned onto a new product that I was excited about. Win Win!!! :drinker:
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. If you're close friends you should be able to discreetly tell her like, "Hey, I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but some days your come in and your breath is a little off...I'm sure you brush and everything, but maybe talk to a doctor about halitosis?"

But if it's just a casual work friendship it's a lot harder to let someone know without offending them...
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Don't offer it to her. Just leave a pack on her desk and don't tell it is from you. She'll maybe get the hint and won't think you're a jerk!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Has my vote.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    There is a product out called Smart Mouth......I started useing it twice a day and it is Great!!! Even for mrning breath. I have started telling EVERYBODY about it. The beauty is that many of the ppl with constant bad breath have started using it. They never got their feeling hurt. Just turned onto a new product that I was excited about. Win Win!!! :drinker:

Yeah I was gonna mention that...u need to up it to 3x a day
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Just says something in the nicest way possible....

Sorry I disagree - there's a reason they call them management. There's a reason they get paid the big bucks.

There was a lady I used to work with that didn't shower regularly or wear deodarant. Other employees had to complain and the manager & HR rep sat her down to discuss.

She very well may have a medical condition that is causing this issue.

Yes, I see what you are saying, and I agree if you do not know the person - but if you have a friendly relationship with this person why wouldn't you feel comfortable offering gum, tic tac etc????
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a poopsnacker on your hands. I know because my dog eats her own poop sometimes. They have pills for this, that make the poop less appetizing. Try slipping some into her food or drink.

797801034333C.jpg
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    offer gum lol
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    Sounds like you have a poopsnacker on your hands. I know because my dog eats her own poop sometimes. They have pills for this, that make the poop less appetizing. Try slipping some into her food or drink.

797801034333C.jpg

bahahahahahaha!!!!! so mean but funny
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

797801034333C.jpg

FTW!!!! :smokin: :drinker:
  • yungnold
    yungnold Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Send her an anonymous care package to the office - tic tacs, mouthwash, breath spray, gum, floss, and a tongue scraper.

^^^ This. Hell if that ain't a hint if I ever seen one. But thats crazy because I can taste when my breath isn't on point so why can't she???? :noway:

Exactly what i'm thinking, there's no way she can't tell.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Everyday I come to the office there's this beautiful girl I talk with, just chit-chat and bs for a little bit. The problem i'm having is her breath smells like she gargles with sewer water twice before she comes in and I just can't take it anymore.

I want to tell her without offending her or embarrassing her, how do I do this?

Buy you a pack of gum tonight, break out a stick and offer her one.