21 days to make or break a habit

Options
124»

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Replying as I like this idea! Count me in, I just need to decide which habit I'm going to focus on xD
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Replying as I like this idea! Count me in, I just need to decide which habit I'm going to focus on xD

You can focus on multiple :tongue:
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I really need work out regularly, I tend to do really good for a week and then slack off. The slacking off needs to stop!
    I'm also going camping this weekend, which normally consists of drinking tons of beer and sitting. I will go for a job (at the least) every day!
  • w1thh3art
    w1thh3art Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to run 5 times a week and commit to logging in to this site daily.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm glad we've got all of this support! Lets do this!!
  • mallorielewis
    Options
    Checking back in with everyone. I just finished day two of the challenge and can't seem to get 8 glasses of water in!!! Does anyone have any tricks to being good about water? Doing great with not drinking sodas.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    Checking back in with everyone. I just finished day two of the challenge and can't seem to get 8 glasses of water in!!! Does anyone have any tricks to being good about water? Doing great with not drinking sodas.

I drank flavoured waters - this helped with the taste of things (plain water I just cannot do!)

Make sure you have a big ol glass of water with EVERY meal - if you have a pint each one then thats like 5 or 6 regular glasses done!!
  • soniamb
    soniamb Posts: 22
    Options
    For sure, im definately going to log everyday and try to include some exercise at least 4 days per week please feel free to add me as a friend
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Can I still join?

I'd like to:

cut out sugar (refined, not fruit)
    stop the extra snacking (have purposeful snacks that contribute to my health, not the random piece of candy throughout the day)

CW: 132

My 21 days takes me to June 7.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    well done guys ... keep it up
    I have been on here for almost 3 months and after 3 weeks i realised that i had committed mtself to this and now i can't go a day without logging ... i want to commit to doing 5 days exercise a week .... been a tad slack at mo as was sore but that is no excuse now ...

We can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hello! can i join?
    I'm going to try to not do the strange binging/secert fast eating i do. Didn't do it yesterday, determined not to do it today.
    All the best
    xx
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options

I have a 75cl Evian water bottle at work which i fill up the night before and leave in the fridge, for some reason i find it easier to drink it our of a bottle than by the glass. Or with a straw! It doesn't feel like so much water for some reason. Try it!
  • gettingfit426
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge!

My goal is to complete weeks 3/4/5 of C25K, and wake up earlier in the morning instead of dragging my butt up at the last minute :)
  • Dmzauk
    Dmzauk Posts: 9
    Options
    I have ceased drinking; not due to any abuse issues (currently) but due to its high caloric value and wanting to clear my mind of all mind altering substances....I quit smoking almost 90 days ago and it feels SO good to be done with that (which I was hopelessly addicted to!!!). So I've gone without drinking for almost a month now (maybe longer but I haven't counted).

Great job!

I stopped smoking 3 years ago and have never looked back. I'm not a big drinker so I really don't have to worry about that but I salute you for what you are doing!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Starting on Monday for me - no bread or pasta....

I would include rice as well, but that is far too scary - no white rice though, only brown!
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    Starting on Monday for me - no bread or pasta....

I would include rice as well, but that is far too scary - no white rice though, only brown!

I havent eaten pasta since some point in 2011!! Thats crazy!! It was my favourite food as well!!
  • mallorielewis
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I have been successful so far with no sodas but man drinking eight glasses of water for me is a chore. Really hard.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    For lent I quit Drive-thrus, gas station food, and vending machines. for the most part I have to stuck to that since then! I think I have had one granola bar, one coffee, and one chocolate milk from those things and that was after easter:).

Already quit soda for the most part except occasionally with alcohol, was only drinking diet anyway but that is still bad.

What I really want to quit is peanut butter, eating off my daughters food, and grazing. Funny how all these things go together, I eat pb because it is in the house because my daughter likes it, I graze when home with my daughter because I get bored. I need to find other things that she will eat lol.

so peanut butter it is. As soon as we get these current two jars finished lol (one crunchy one regular).
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For lent I quit Drive-thrus, gas station food, and vending machines. for the most part I have to stuck to that since then! I think I have had one granola bar, one coffee, and one chocolate milk from those things and that was after easter:).

Already quit soda for the most part except occasionally with alcohol, was only drinking diet anyway but that is still bad.

What I really want to quit is peanut butter, eating off my daughters food, and grazing. Funny how all these things go together, I eat pb because it is in the house because my daughter likes it, I graze when home with my daughter because I get bored. I need to find other things that she will eat lol.

so peanut butter it is. As soon as we get these current two jars finished lol (one crunchy one regular).

I hear ya, Sarah!
    I'm a PB Junkie. I had managed to go a full month with NO peanut butter, even though it was in the house. In times past, I would grab the jar and dig in with a spoon. Half a jar later, I found myself headed to the fridge for some ice cold milk to wash it all down. Peanut butter was absolutely NOT safe in my house. Those days are in the past.
    I switched to an all natural (no stir) peanut butter, so all the extra crappy sweeteners and preservatives are gone. I only eat a little at a time now, and only on a single slice of Wonder SmartWhite bread (50 calories per slice), a stalk of celery or a banana.

I find that I actually appreciate the taste of peanut butter more now that I am taking the TIME to taste it.
    So, I have tackled the PB monster!

What I am going to give up is cleaning up after dinner. By that, I don't mean to allow myself to quit cleaning the kitchen. Invariably, as I was cleaning the dinner plates, I would end up putting some extra food in my mouth as I was "putting it away". I'm finding that it isn't necessarily what I'm eating as it is how much and how FAST I'm eating. Oops, found another one.... eating too fast.

I am, for the next 21 days, going to:

1. Quit eating once the meal is done.
    2. Eat slower.