Cereal help

Options
Can anyone recomend a cerial I can eat,that will fill me up, be healthy, low carb,high fibre, low cal?

im in uk

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've recently been enjoying Special K Plus Protein
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i also need cereal help! i love it but i feel like i have no healhty choice for it now :(
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I eat bran flakes with almond milk and a half of a banana or a few strawberries.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I used to love getting the regular Kashi Go lean cereal. I just defrosted strawberries and threw them in for flavor. Very filling and decent calorie counts.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Try the brand "Kashi" and especially "Kashi, Go Lean" cereal. They always fill me up and are really tasty :tongue:
  • jessrademacher
    jessrademacher Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Big second to Kashi Go Lean! 140 cal/cup, 13 gm protein, 30 gm carbs, 10 gm fiber (9 of which are insoluble). I have it with some berries and almond milk, very filling.
  • michellematteson
    Options
    I have Fiber One on a daily basis here. 60 calories, 25 carbs and 14 grams of fiber for half of a cup. Someone on here complained it tastes like cardboard but I like it. Pair it with Greek yogurt and you get a lot of protein too.
  • JBHawaii
    JBHawaii Posts: 94
    Options
    Honestly, i love regular, full size, shredded wheat... don't ask me why, i just do. Gotta have ice cold milk though. The nice thing is that as you chew the complex carbs break down in to sugar in your mouth...so, the longer you chew the sweeter it gets. Plus, they are mnimally processed. Many people here are takling about Kashi, which is good, but its still pretty processed and has more sugar in it than you think.

Thats just my 2 cents. However, I am actually a paleo guy so I don't eat any of those grains anymore. All those gh carb cereals (all grains are basically just carbs) are really just sugar. They stimulate the same insulin response as pure glucose and some do it even more (take whole grain bread for instance).

My real opinion? Go for a piece of fruit, some nice lean meat, and some avocado for breakfast...

So, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't troll this everyone. I'm just giving my opinion... enjoy your grains if thats you thing. Everyone should eat in a way that makes them happy and food should be something you enjoy NOT something that enslaves you! =)

Good luck and keep up the work!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    There's a Quaker Oats squares, unsweetened, I forget exactly what it's called. Very good.

EDIT turns out it's called Quaker Oats Oatmeal Squares lol
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Me too...its great!!!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal with berries and peanut butter. If steel cut takes too long, there's a brand (US) called "Coach's Oats" that is pretty close. I know it's not "cereal" the way you probably meant it, but I have never found a cold cereal that fills me up!

Good luck:-)
  • aswieser
    aswieser Posts: 19
    Options
    Me too...its great!!!

How does this compare in taste to Special K original would you say? That's what I eat a few days a week, but I would be interested in switching if the extra protein doesn't make it taste like cardboard. The website also says the flakes are "lightly sweetened." Does it have a bunch of extra sugar? Thanks
  • poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fiber one
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't eat grains, so I occasionally make my own "cereal" with mixed raw nuts, flax seeds, pepitas, chopped fruit or berries, some protein powder and almond milk, with a little honey for sweetening. A dollop of natural yoghurt on top is nice as well.
  • esselltee1156
    esselltee1156 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    well...cereal by its very nature is high in carbs, but i love my grapenuts-lots of fiber!
  • ttate002
    ttate002 Posts: 54
    Options
    Can anyone recomend a cerial I can eat,that will fill me up, be healthy, low carb,high fibre, low cal?

im in uk

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=10_of_the_best_cereals_you_should_be_eating
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch is pretty good. its feels like ur eating alot because u really gotta chew chew chew it. lol. 39g carbs/serving, which is one full cup, not a 1/2, 2/3 or 3/4 serving like most other cereals. you can bulk it up with 1/2 cup blueberries (or whatever other fruit u like). ive used it to top yogurt and berries instead of granola, thats another option. throw handful of nuts on there, thatd be good too. just trying to think of somethings that could be heartier for u. :)
  • Kkwalker88
    Kkwalker88 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I recently tried Cheerios Peanut Butter. It's really yummy, I like it for a snack. 3/4 cup 110cal 2g fat 23g carbs.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was eating Special K with strawberries, but found Honey Nuts & Oats has flakes with peaches or raspberries, and they are less sugar/carbs than Special K.

If you sprinkle Hemp Hearts on your food you'll feel extremely full.

I use 1/2 tsp
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal with berries and peanut butter. If steel cut takes too long, there's a brand (US) called "Coach's Oats" that is pretty close. I know it's not "cereal" the way you probably meant it, but I have never found a cold cereal that fills me up!

Good luck:-)

mmm yes! just started on these a few days ago, love em!