Replies

• sunrise_lady
    sunrise_lady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I too eat lots of talapia. It is a very mild farmed fish, it is a great fish for those who dont like fish.. That being said I like to use Old Bay and grilling is my favorite.
  • bkprncss
    bkprncss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I season mine with either lemon pepper seasoning or old bay and steam it.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    great ideas. and tilapia is so much less expensive than the salmon I usually buy. trying to eat more fish other than salmon.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would put some teryaki sauce in a pan, put the tilapia in it, put a lid on it and let it steam cook. Then put it on a bed of brown rice with some asparagus. ****'s tasty.
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I dust with Old Bay or Cajun seasoning, then pan "fry" using cooking spray.
    This. Or Blakening Season! Thaw them out first though.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Defrost in warm water, pat dry, spray a piece of aluminum foil with olive oil spray, start grill, put some low cal marinade like Fat free dressing (I like Italian, Balsamic or Caezar) or a rub like Jerk ...then grill too perfection! I do salmon this way too! Only takes about 15 min or so depending on the thickness!

I can't wait to try this since I just got my grill working!!!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick, easy idea for you all: Drop a spoonful of pesto on each fillet and bake. Yum!
    That sounds yummy! Definatly trying that next time.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Thaw, season with a little canoli or evoo and your favorite herbs/spices. Bake or broil til opaque. We like salsa on the side. Tilapia is a delicate fish so no need to turn while cooking. It's delicious!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kelfromhell
    kelfromhell Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas, but one of my faves besides cajun seasoning is to broil in a tinfoil boat and drizzle with basalmic vinegar. I like to broil til the edges turn brown and almost crispy .......
  • chubbytiff
    chubbytiff Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    lemon pepper seasoning and bake it or grill. Also Swai fish is good I tried it for the first time a few months ago. It is a white fish also.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I buy it fresh from Sams Club. I put it in a pan, drizzle with a little bit of melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and just a little lemon juice. Cook at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked white inside and easily flakes apart. It's yummy, and even my picky kids will eat it too!
  • Lizzyd951
    Lizzyd951 Posts: 1
    Options
    I pan cook them with "Blackened redfish magic" (in the seasoning isle), then I mix together cabbage,radishes and salsa. You can add spicy ranch if you have the calories but you do not need to. Then eat them together or add to a low cal tortilla for fish tacos. even my little ones enjoy them!
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Saving for later...thank-you
  • DanitaGal
    DanitaGal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump.....thanks....!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat things that look bad, but taste good.
    I put the fillet in tin foil, drown it in lemon juice, a table spoon of light Smart Balance butter, greek seasoning salt, pepper, then I chop a potato into cubes and put it on top of the fish. Close it up, bake it at 400F. Once it's done, I pour it all in a bowl and mash it up together. Yumm. I call it my "fish mash". Everyone says it looks disgusting, but I love it.
  • ew64
    ew64 Posts: 10
    Options
    I cut up a bunch of veggies, usually brocolli, yellow squash, zucchini, bell peppers, onions. Place in a skillet that has a lid, add a talespoon or so of water and the same amount of EVOO. Place two fresh or thawed filets on top of the veggies. Season with salt and pepper or with whatever you want to. Put the lid on and steam until fish is done (when it's easy to flake apart with a fork)