consume calories even if thrown up?

Options
2»

Replies

• bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    awwwww man....now I'm paranoid :(

you are paranoid and im so curios! :embarassed: sorry for being so noseey EEK!
    good luck with everything, hope you get all good!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I just threw my breakfast up within 5 minutes of eating it. Does that count?!

Also, should I retake the vitamins I took before I ate my breakfast?
    OMG YOU ARE CLEARLY PREGNANT.

I would not retake medication, but vitamins would probably be safe either way - it's not going to hurt to take a double-dose of vitamins one day, nor will it hurt to skip one day.

I would log the breakfast but if you go over calories today don't worry about it.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I just threw my breakfast up within 5 minutes of eating it. Does that count?!

Also, should I retake the vitamins I took before I ate my breakfast?

You should not retake vitamins or medication. There's no way of knowing for sure how much was absorbed, so doctors typically tell you not to retake them. Plus, if your stomach's upset, you're not going to be able to hold down a pill easily anyway. Just take it tomorrow.
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options

I would not retake medication, but vitamins would probably be safe either way - it's not going to hurt to take a double-dose of vitamins one day, nor will it hurt to skip one day.

I would log the breakfast but if you go over calories today don't worry about it.

• ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    You should not retake vitamins or medication. There's no way of knowing for sure how much was absorbed, so doctors typically tell you not to retake them. Plus, if your stomach's upset, you're not going to be able to hold down a pill easily anyway. Just take it tomorrow.

• DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I blew lunch after a hard work out, and since you're supposed to eat back your calories, I had to scoop up all that barf and eat it. Man I'll never do that again.
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    Yesterday my husband and I went out to dinner while we were on a romantic ski get away. Needless to say I had a portabella mushroom sandwich, fries, beer and a yummy chocolate brownie dessert to share with him. We went back to the condo we were staying at and went to bed. About 3 hours later I woke up with terrible stomach cramps and nausea. An hour later woke up, throwing everything up. My assumption is that it was food poisoning. I just don't know how to track those calories if they still count or not since I had thrown up. Does anyone know?

My husband has had Salmonella and it goes on for a couple of weeks at least. I think if you had food poisoning you would still be glued to the toilet right now, so chances are all that stodge, grease and fizzy beer did not mix well and certainly did not like being slept on, it just wanted out. Hope you are feeling better now : )
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    I blew lunch after a hard work out, and since you're supposed to eat back your calories, I had to scoop up all that barf and eat it. Man I'll never do that again.

Oh man..just the idea of that..gross dude..lol
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My guess is it would depend on how long the food was in your system before you threw up. It's funny that you posted this because I was wondering the same thing this morning when I threw up my breakfast....I have NO idea what made me so sick so quickly, but I was eating and then halfway through my meal I had to run to the restroom to throw up. Ugh.

Your body absorbs nutrients (and calories) from food while it is being digested, so my guess is, the longer the food is in your stomach digesting, the more calories you absorb.

I'm hoping someone sheds some light on this for you, because I did NOT count those calories this morning, but the food was only in my stomach for 5 minutes max.

Feel better!!!!

This sounds a bit like morning sickness!!! Any chance ur pregnant??

EEK!!!!! lol no, I haven't done the deed for 3 months now, so I'm sure I would know if I was. Thanks for giving me a good scare though with the P word :-P

Sorry, hun! :ohwell: