Thoughts on SHAKEOLOGY

Options

Replies

• SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i don't do it but I have a friend who did and she's a huge believer. I love her facebook because in between her trying to hock her shakes she has a lot of motivational stuff,, pictures of people who have lost tons, quotes, food ideas. It seems to get great results!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    this stuff? totally not worth it:

Obbms.gif
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i would think that spending $120 a week for shakes is a bit much...i would rather drink an Ensure and take a mutl-vitamin...or make my own "shakes" with a protein powder...i would take the the extra money saved and get a gym membership...remember if you do the liquid thing to lose weight when you start to eat real food you could gain the weight back..its like when people do the Medifast system...they end up gaining the weight back and then some because they have had nothing but liquids for however many months they were on the system...just my opinion

It's 120 a month, not a week.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No way. Unless you had tons of money to blow on useless things I don't see why anyone would buy that. $120 can buy you a lot of REAL healthy food. Take that $120 to the farmers market instead.
  • LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    Options
    I am not a coach either and I drink shakeology. I think its a great product! I drink it every morning for breakfast and it completely increases my energy level. It is awesome for someone like me who hates veggies because it basically gives you all of the nutrition your body needs in a day. If I were you, I would talk to a coach and see about getting some sample packets. They are free and you can see how you feel about them!
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've ordered Shakeology off an on over the last few years. The best results I had was when I was getting serious into fitness (not necessarily weight loss). It helped give me energy and I felt better about my fitness results. I don't know how great it is for a weight loss shake or it is was really worth the money.

Luckily I had a nice BB coach to work with who has offered samples and will let me buy just packages so I don't have to spend a big chunk of money for it.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It is not a miracle weightloss product. It's a dietary supplement that cannot be matched by whey protein.

The newest flavor, toprical Strawberry is great, it is even Vegan for those that care.

Is it really expensive? At Full price it's $4 a day.

But with everything, to each his own.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Question How is $4 for a meal replacement over priced if you are paying $5 or $6 at a fast food chain for inferior food?

I have looked into Shakeology for those days when things are SUPER busy and I find myself picking up hamburgers for the family.

Because there are more options than just Shakeology or Burger King.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Question How is $4 for a meal replacement over priced if you are paying $5 or $6 at a fast food chain for inferior food?

I have looked into Shakeology for those days when things are SUPER busy and I find myself picking up hamburgers for the family.
    For example, I'm not. All of my meals are already around 3 dollars. Eggs, beans, meat, and homemade yogurt/on-sale yogurt. I have a busy family life too. I plan ahead, cook ahead, pack ahead, or keep easy stuff on hand that doesn't cost 120 dollars a month. I'm just trying to see how it's a benefit when I can get the same stuff cheaper.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On top of the $120, it's around $20 per bag to ship as well (unless you sign up as a coach and get the discount and/or get the autoship every month, but you still pay $40 to start up coaching and $15 per month to continue being a coach.)

I used it for a couple of months last year, then started drinking it again in January. I had to stop in April because I started breaking out in hives every time I would drink it. I did the 3-day cleanse the coaches kept talking about (where you drink it 3x per day) and I guess I got overexposed to an allergen. No way of telling what it was, since there are so many ingredients, so I just quit drinking it. Voila. No more hives.

I didn't lose any weight while drinking it. I didn't stop craving "bad" foods. No excess energy that didn't actually come from exercise. I did sign up as a coach for the discount, but once I started seeing the behind the scenes chatter among coaches, I decided it wasn't for me. Lots of pushy sales pitches. Plus, when I asked other coaches about the allergies, they insisted it must be something else besides Shakeology and suggested I try a different flavor or just drink it every few days. Anything to keep you on as a customer.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

It is overpriced for what you are getting in the product. Crappy forms of vitamins, a small dose of protein and a sprinkling of a ton of ingredients so they can add it to the label.
  • Harmoman
    Harmoman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well, I've had it for a couple of weeks and I loooooove it! I drink it for breakfast everyday and I have noticed better digestion and a decrease in my enormous appetite! And it is delicious as well. It is pricey but I feel well worth it! Hope this helps, definitely give it a try, if you want to go in with friends and order it from beach body go ahead, it is cheaper to order it from a coach but you don't have to.

I'm with Caramel - I'm about 3 weeks in on shakes (ViSalus). It's $90 for my wife and I.... The money keeps be accountible... The auto-ship keeps be honest (all I have to do is DO the plan... just STICK TO MY PLAN)... I'm down 11 lbs at my last weigh in, and need to weigh again this week.

So far... I like it.. but that's me.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Well if you read their website, it tells you that you can lose 10lbs in 90 days if you replace 1 meal a day with the shake. Then when you actually read in more detail it also says exercise 3 times a week, and have a more healthy balanced diet. So guess which part of that is actually helping these people lose weight? It's a scam like everything else. I just don't understand why people give so much props to the shake though when they are actually eating better and exercising, and that is the reason they are losing the weight. I guess some people just need something to believe in to actually lose the weight, and if you are one of those people then you might as well go for it, because you will be healthier in the long run. Or you could just do the same exact thing by eating healthy all of your meals, and taking a multi vitamin.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options

How is going to Disney World over priced if you were going to stab yourself in the face instead? As if fast food is the ONLY alternative. Basically, you are saying, "if you are like me and have no self control you better drink this shake instead"?
  • DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281
    Options
    I drink it. I started about a year ago and drink it a few times a week. It really helped with my chocolate cravings. It is pricey but for me it was worth the cost. Also I don't use it to replace whole meals. I drink it for a snack or post workout if I'm in a hurry.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    The body absorbs more of the vitamins and healthy stuff that is in shakeology differently than in pill form. I drink shakeology every day at lunch and love it. I have seem great results and it helps me add more protein to my diet. I have used various weight loss and protein supplements over the last several years. GNC protein powders are good and you can get them low calorie, however they don't contain the vitamins, probiotics and superfoods. I have also taken pills that are supossed to help fat burning ( i know they are bad for you, but back then i didn't think that far). Those didn't work for me, they just made my heart race until i got very sick from them. To be honest, i have seem more muscle definition in the 3 months i have taken shakeology than I ever saw in the years of taking any other protein shake. My workouts have been slightly different also. Before i did lots of cardio and i did do some mild lifting, squats, ect. Now i am almost done with the turbofire program and contemplating insanity. If you choose to try shakeology they do offer a bottom of the bag garantee, where after 30 days if your not satisfied you can return it (less s&h).

^ Agreed.

I do wonder - how educated most of the negative responses are. Have you actually tried Shakeology? I for one was a nay-sayer. $119 a month did seem a bit pricey. But I also used to order out for lunch every other day. So I can actually justify what breaks down to about $3.96 a day. Additionally, compared to other protein shakes I've tried (and I've tried a good many of them) it is far superior nutritionally. As one who is currently on the TurboFire program, my body NEEDS what Shakeology has given me. And a little food for thought: We pay more for what we put ON our bodies rather than what we put IN our bodies. We can justify buying a $120 pair of running shoes....
  • bashiera
    Options

It is overpriced for what you are getting in the product. Crappy forms of vitamins, a small dose of protein and a sprinkling of a ton of ingredients so they can add it to the label.
    Thank you ACG! Your words of wisdom are always welcome (to me at least!)
  • letsrastle
    letsrastle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got it for free when I bought the Insanity DVD set, and that was about 6 months ago. It has been used once and I haven't touched it since. IT"S GROSS! If you're into drinking your meals, go for it.
  • bashiera
    Options
    The body absorbs more of the vitamins and healthy stuff that is in shakeology differently than in pill form. I drink shakeology every day at lunch and love it. I have seem great results and it helps me add more protein to my diet. I have used various weight loss and protein supplements over the last several years. GNC protein powders are good and you can get them low calorie, however they don't contain the vitamins, probiotics and superfoods. I have also taken pills that are supossed to help fat burning ( i know they are bad for you, but back then i didn't think that far). Those didn't work for me, they just made my heart race until i got very sick from them. To be honest, i have seem more muscle definition in the 3 months i have taken shakeology than I ever saw in the years of taking any other protein shake. My workouts have been slightly different also. Before i did lots of cardio and i did do some mild lifting, squats, ect. Now i am almost done with the turbofire program and contemplating insanity. If you choose to try shakeology they do offer a bottom of the bag garantee, where after 30 days if your not satisfied you can return it (less s&h).

^ Agreed.

I do wonder - how educated most of the negative responses are. Have you actually tried Shakeology? I for one was a nay-sayer. $119 a month did seem a bit pricey. But I also used to order out for lunch every other day. So I can actually justify what breaks down to about $3.96 a day. Additionally, compared to other protein shakes I've tried (and I've tried a good many of them) it is far superior nutritionally. As one who is currently on the TurboFire program, my body NEEDS what Shakeology has given me. And a little food for thought: We pay more for what we put ON our bodies rather than what we put IN our bodies. We can justify buying a $120 pair of running shoes....
    I have tried Shake-o. I'm also doing turbo fire. I eat real good food, I do turbo just fine, save money, and feel great.
    PS my running shoes were only 75 dollars, and that's a once every two years purchase, not every month.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Did anyone look at the Shakeology warning label? Says you might screen for synthetic steroids if you use it. Red flag anyone?