Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    open mounth. Swallow.
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like my water cold and I also add True Lemon to it (it's just crystalized lemon with no artificial sweetners) Freshly squeezed lemon would work too! Drink up!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a secret. I just think of all the fatness that I used to have when I was drinking soda. that usually works. But I don't often have a problem drinking 15+ glasses a day.
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    Drink one 8 oz glass of water before each meal and one after each meal...that right there is 6 of your 8 glasses of water a day, plus it will keep you from overeating.
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Have it accessible. I keep bottles of water in my fridge. I have a bottle with a filter attached so I can refill anywhere. Mio is good if you're always craving something sweet but I would keep that to a minimum as artificial sweeteners are not good for you. Lemons are good as others have mentioned. I like cucumbers in mine. It is so refreshing! They would give me this after a massage at the spa and it helps me acheive that relaxed feeling I would get there. The longer you keep it up, the more your body will crave it. Good luck!
  • emo1234
    emo1234 Posts: 13
    Options
    for me i struggle to drink as much water as required, but im quite good at downing alcoholic beverages, so my trick is to skull it!
    In the morning i poor 250ml in a little glass (don't know why but bigger glasses are more daunting and don't work) and drink three off them in a row.
    then before and after every meal/ snack i skull another 250mls.
    by the end of the day i have drunk plenty,,,
  • laurenematheson
    Options
    I find that using a bottle with a straw and with markings on the size helps me drink more. I use the 24 oz Camelbak with bitevalve. It has each cup of water marked off on the side, so it helps me to keep track of how much I've had, and challenges me to drink more.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I find I drink more of it and faster when I drink my water from a straw. I bought several straw water bottles.
    Good luck!

This is me. I have 2 water bottles I alternate between at work. Both are roughly 32oz and I go through 2-3 of them.

As far as flavor (or lack thereof) add lemon juice, crystal light, or even Mio to it.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I try to drink two glasses of water at each meal, and as i eat 5 times a day it ends up pretty easy to get through.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I love the tumblers that have the lid and straw. I have one sitting on my desk all day, and I keep it filled with ice water from the break room.

It works for me for a number of reasons, I think the cups cute, and want to use it, I like drinking from a straw, I LOVE crushed ice, and its free compared to buying a soda or something from the kiosk.
  • sdrichardson713
    sdrichardson713 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Use a straw!!!! For me it makes allllll the difference. :wink:
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies and this may sound weird drinking water this way but I find that I actually love it. I drink this once a day and will add that I got this from the book "Born to Run"
    Take 10oz of water mix in a Tablespoon of Chia seeds stir and let stand for about 5 minutes add lemon or lime juice to taste you can also add honey, splenda ( I don't use any type of sweetner.) Drink up. The chia seeds gel up and for some reason I just love the taste of it. It looks strange or some may say gross but it's supposed to give you energy.
    When I don't add the chia to water and I don't feel like drinking plain water will mix in lemon juice and cucumbers
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for the great advices...Ill try the straw trick and the lemon to change it up a little.

But is drinking a glass of unsweet tea the same as drinking a glass of water? Can that be one of my change ups also?

I don't know about that...maybe if it's caffine free? But ew, unsweet tea? lol I'd definitely rather drink the water haha!

I agree about the unsweet tea - yuck! Of course, I am from the South where we drink our tea SWEEEET! LOL.
    I think the caffeine is what I would avoid. Or atleast keep it at a minimum.
    Check out this link, it's got some good info in it.

http://thetaoofgoodhealth.com/10-health-reasons-why-you-should-drink-more-water-4/

Cheers!
    :drinker:
    (that cup has water in it right now. )
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had to work my way up to drinking 8 + cups of water a day. Each day I would try to drink more than the previous day. Before I knew it, I was drinking 10-12 cups a day. It’s also a mind over matter thing for me (like using a smaller plate)-it seems like less of a “chore” to have a 32 oz bottle that I only have to fill 2-3 times than to have a 16 oz bottle that needs to be filled 4 + times a day. The smaller the bottle, the more I feel like I’m constantly getting up to fill it.
  • TeeJayBee_xo
    Options
    I just force myself regardless of whether I want it or not.

I find it easier to drink 3 glasses in a row, then leave it an hour & drink another 3. & drink 2-4 more glasses throughout the day as you're bound to get thirsty at some point. That way you're guaranteed to get at least your 8 glasses. (:
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have a big honker jug I picked up at Wal-Mart.
    It holds 74.4 oz, so when its done, I am as well!
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I totally agree with those that said to drink your water with a straw. For some reason you just seem to consume more. Prior to buying a water bottle with a built in straw I never got my water in each day and now I usually get my water in without a problem. It's amazing how much a straw helps with your water intake. I carry my water bottle everywhere and refill it as needed.

I hope this helps :smile: