French Vanilla Creamer

Options

Replies

• klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use half and half...with French Vanilla Flavors for Coffee Splenda...delish!

I do something similar to this. I use the French Vanilla Flavors for Coffee from Splenda and add a bit of almond milk. :)
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the FV flavor, but I'm hooked on the caramel macchiato (international delights). I just switched to the "skinny" version - not that it's a whole lot better but taste-wise I can't really seem to tell a difference. I also just cut back on the amount - use more of a splash for flavor than as a full sweetener.
  • amandamotley
    Options
    I switched to the Sweet Cream Naturals brand because it has 3 ingrediants vs 15 like the other coffee creamers...I add a splash of half and half and a splash of the creamer.

Look at it in the big scheme of things...if having the creamer is really the worst part fo your diet I would say you are doing A-OK - that is the way i reflect on mine...

Agree! It's Coffeemate, but their Naturals line. They also have caramel and I think french vanilla, but the sweet cream is definitely the best. I either drink my coffee with 1T of this stuff + a couple tablespoons of milk, or I do milk only. Another option would be the flavored liquid stevia (NuNaturals makes a vanilla one - I think you can buy it on iherb.com). I've only tried a different brand of liquid stevia in hazelnut and it wasn't good. But people swear by NuNaturals.
  • MissFluffyBottoms
    Options
    I started measuring the amount of creamer in my coffee, then gradually reducing it over a couple of months until I could drink it black. One of the other posters had a good suggestion of buying the french vanilla flavored coffee. It's not sweet, but it has the same yummy smell.
  • denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it, my vanilla creamer is eating up a 3rd of my daily calories!! lol, I know that I can just not drink coffee but I don't want to quit my coffee.

Just try to limit the amount you use.
  • jillthemom
    jillthemom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was a flavored creamer addict, and I kicked the habit! I now use organic half and half. I can only drink it iced though, otherwise its too strong and I need more cream. I use 1 tbsp per cup, which is 20 cals. I love it.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee addict too and I can go without sugar, but I cannot go without creamer! I find a creamer that I really enjoy and just use a TBSP in it... or 1/2 a tbsp if it's a small cup. It helps me to start my day on a happy note. I would say that, like everything in life, moderation is the key. Also, using high quality coffee helps because then I actually enjoy the taste of the coffee and don't want it covered up with sugary creamer. :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I am of the school of thought, you don't HAVE to give up everything you love. That's me, personally ;) It may not work for everyone, but if you can handle it in moderation, just try measuring it out, or try half and half since it has less "stuff" in it. I drink creamer with my coffee and don't plan to give it up...I measure it out and try to limit myself to two cups of coffee with creamer and sugar a day.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I use the French Vanilla, too, but I'm cool with the sugar free.

Maybe time to decide what's more important, calories from creamer or calories from food.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I quit coffee every morning, but when I REALLY need a cup, this is what I do. I use the Fat free half and half by Land o Lakes with the French Vanilla Splenda. Not as good as the original, but pretty decent.
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to use either skim milk or almond milk and then a drop of vanilla extract (the kind you bake with).
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I never gave up creamer. I did give up the ones I use to buy with trans fat (partial hydrogenated oils). I been using International Delight's Cinnabon flavor no trans fat and quite tasty.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I switched to the Sweet Cream Naturals brand because it has 3 ingrediants vs 15 like the other coffee creamers...I add a splash of half and half and a splash of the creamer.

Look at it in the big scheme of things...if having the creamer is really the worst part fo your diet I would say you are doing A-OK - that is the way i reflect on mine...

Agree! It's Coffeemate, but their Naturals line. They also have caramel and I think french vanilla, but the sweet cream is definitely the best. I either drink my coffee with 1T of this stuff + a couple tablespoons of milk, or I do milk only. Another option would be the flavored liquid stevia (NuNaturals makes a vanilla one - I think you can buy it on iherb.com). I've only tried a different brand of liquid stevia in hazelnut and it wasn't good. But people swear by NuNaturals.

I actually thought the Natural Bliss creamer was very good, but where I live it is more expensive than a bottle twice its size of the "other" creamer...if it weren't for that, I'd prefer it :)
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I posed this same dilemma to my friends earlier. I got suggestions like half milk and half coffee, almond milk, chai tea, etc. I'm with you. I'm not really up for giving up too many vices, plus I'm looking for sustainability here. I'm not the type of person to eliminate something completely from my diet. However, I think you and I may just have to suck it up a bit.
  • AndMee
    AndMee Posts: 23
    Options
    I thought about switching to something else for my coffee, but I too can't get rid of my French Vanilla Creamer. Portion control is what I had to get under control with the creamer. I also limit myself to one cup of coffee a day. Hard to do in the begining, but I still get my Yummy Yummy coffee everyday.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I generally only drink coffee at work. But, in the break room they have the little individual french vanilla creamers. I fill my mug (about 18 oz) and add just one single serve container.

It's enough to give flavor, but its only 35 calories. I also add a little splenda, but you may not care for that.. and I know a lot of people are against artificial sweeteners.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options

This.
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem - i'm drinking a 100 cal cup of coffee in the morning bc of the creamer - i do use regular sugar though and have become used to the sugar free version but the coffee mate def taste better than the I.D. version.

for the coffee i would normally have in the afternoon, I switched to drinking a 5 hr energy - only 4 calories with the same effect.
  • mike4him
    mike4him Posts: 16
    Options
    3 options:
    1.Try this..it's a lot less expensive and doesn't take much time..don't know what the health benefits are of this though..
    Ingredients:
    14 oz. can of condensed milk
    28 oz. milk
    1 T – 1 1/2 T vanilla

Directions:
    Pour the can of condensed milk into a pitcher. Fill the can two times with milk, adding the milk to the pitcher. Add vanilla to taste. Stir well. Keep refrigerated.

2. Enjoy your cream and drink in moderation..use real half and half though and add your own vanilla and or hazelnut non sweetened flavoring. If you eat healthy the rest of the day..this is no big deal and should be treated like a desert/sweet treat anyway. If you don't drink much coffee/tea you won't need much.
    3. I switched to vanilla unsweetened almond milk..you can use sweetened almond milk if you don't want to add your own sweeteners like I do, I would suggest steevia or agave syrup since I feel that artificial sweeteners are not worth the unknown health risks of putting things in your body that your body was not created to process/ingest. Read book called "Body by God" for more info on this.

Torani syrups can be bought at different stores :drinker: and most Starbucks sell their syrups and I have heard you can buy non- sweetened bottles of flavoring from dunkin donuts, too that are really good, too!
  • mike4him
    mike4him Posts: 16
    Options
    Just found this online..Don't have any idea whether it tastes good or is good for you..but I have seen this in the health food store I frequent... non-dairy coconut milk french vanilla creamer!!!
    :drinker: http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-beverages/creamer-french-vanilla