Body Confidence

Options

Replies

• cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Um, how is 5'8, 153lbs and a size 8 even remotely a "bigger size"?

I'm 5'10, 168lbs. and a size 14 and I am of 'normal weight'. I'm confused by this. :-/

I couldn't ever achieve a size 8. I was really skinny at one point and even that was only a size 10.

I've been referred to as "bigger" even now. I am a normal weight but a lot of people have actually referred to me as a "bigger" girl. You are also taller than me, and height affects size and weight.
  • cm1458
    Options
    Self-esteem and body-image are two separate things, while they can go hand-in-hand, they don't have to. Sounds like you have a great self-esteem and your confidence within your body shows that. I don't think a person should be a size x IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY with themselves. A size or number shouldn't define a person like that. Keep being happy within yourself. That's a goal better than any number or size. Good for you!

Thank you :happy:
  • hrtoftx
    hrtoftx Posts: 32
    Options
    Sounds like you carry yourself very well....

But Im with the others...at 5'8" and 158 lbs and a size 8.....youre for sure not considered a "bigger" woman.
    I am 5'11", 170 and a size 14. To me thats considered a bigger woman but we all have our views of ourselves. As taller women we do carry our weight so much better and its easier for us to "hide" our weight.
    I started at 204 and would like to get down to 150......work in progress!!!! I find that the more wieght I lose and the more I work out the more confident I feel about myself...my hubby has even said something about it!! Its a good feeling....Keep Up the Good work!
  • cm1458
    Options
    It's absolutely great that you are confident in your body!! But, at 5'8" and 153 lbs. I don't think you would be considered a "bigger" woman.

Thank you! I dont really see myself as "bigger" but a lot of people have referred to me as a "bigger" girl. I guess it just depends on the person :)
  • cm1458
    Options
    Girl Rock that *kitten*....Be proud of what youve accomplished and show yourself off.....It also will inspire others to do so ! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thank you !
  • cm1458
    Options
    I'm 5'8" weigh 190 wear a size 12 .... and I'm 100% comfortable and confident in every thing in life. :smile:

Thats a great way to be! :flowerforyou:
  • cm1458
    Options
    You are hardly a bigger size my friend!! You look amazing and should feel confident in yourself no matter what!!
    Thank you:)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's great you walk with confidence.
  • cm1458
    Options
    True beauty and sexiness starts from within and radiates to through rest of you.

• 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with being confident...
    I still have another 55 lbs to lose and I am always confident.
    Probably because I am doing this for myself and not for someone else.
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Um, how is 5'8, 153lbs and a size 8 even remotely a "bigger size"?

I'm 5'10, 168lbs. and a size 14 and I am of 'normal weight'. I'm confused by this. :-/

I couldn't ever achieve a size 8. I was really skinny at one point and even that was only a size 10.

I am so glad you said this....I was thinking the same thing. Yeah but when would it ever be wrong to be confident? Doesn't that just mean that you believe in yourself? Respect your life experiences, your life, and what makes you the person that you are? Having confidence that you worked hard to become healthier, even if you have not achieved your overall goal should never be something you question. That is something to proud and confident about. Good luck with your journey.
  • cm1458
    Options
    Sounds like you carry yourself very well....

But Im with the others...at 5'8" and 158 lbs and a size 8.....youre for sure not considered a "bigger" woman.
    I am 5'11", 170 and a size 14. To me thats considered a bigger woman but we all have our views of ourselves. As taller women we do carry our weight so much better and its easier for us to "hide" our weight.
    I started at 204 and would like to get down to 150......work in progress!!!! I find that the more wieght I lose and the more I work out the more confident I feel about myself...my hubby has even said something about it!! Its a good feeling....Keep Up the Good work!

Thank you! Best of luck to you in the future! :flowerforyou:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 200 pounds, and the most confident mofo you'll ever meet. It doesn't matter what your size is, you gotta love the person you are.

Hint: You are not defined by your dress size.
  • cm1458
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with being confident...
    I still have another 55 lbs to lose and I am always confident.
    Probably because I am doing this for myself and not for someone else.

That is great! Best of luck to you ! :flowerforyou:
  • cm1458
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 200 pounds, and the most confident mofo you'll ever meet. It doesn't matter what your size is, you gotta love the person you are.

Hint: You are not defined by your dress size.

That is great! thank you!
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    Confidence = sexy! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
  • cm1458
    Options
    Confidence = sexy! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Thank you! :D
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    HELL NO it is NOT wrong for you to be confident. This is like calling a woman the B word when she is ASSERTIVE! Keep your sassiness and confidence up front and center. MOST MEN love CONFIDENT women who SMILE ;-) INSPIRATIONAL!
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You've lost 110 pounds, that is a huge accomplishment...you have every right to be confident! You look amazing! : )
  • cm1458
    Options
    HELL NO it is NOT wrong for you to be confident. This is like calling a woman the B word when she is ASSERTIVE! Keep your sassiness and confidence up front and center. MOST MEN love CONFIDENT women who SMILE ;-) INSPIRATIONAL!

THank you so much! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!