One month and no weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated because it has been a month since the last time Ive lost some weight. I have only lost a total of 7lbs and after that my scale hasn't moved. I am a very active person and been consistent with my work outs, been trying to stay on my calorie goal some days I go higher on my calorie intake because I heard that it tricks your metabolism so I try to zig-zag my calories. I also measured myself and I don't see any change in the numbres either.If anybody wants to look at my journal and offer me any advise to keep on losing, those will be very welcome and appreciated. I will be taking pics to see if I see any difference. On the meantime...heelllllppppp!!

I believe in a REST WEEK! Go 5-7 days doing light activity and eating over 1200 (don't cheat, just don't really count) EVERYTIME i plateau I realize that it has been 4 weeks since i rested, and then magically, even though i expect the scale to rise after not paying close attention, I always lose 1-3 lbs, then that REALLY motivates me to keep at it.

RIght now I am not at a plateau per say, but a real slowing of the scale, ---- whole nutha story ;)
  • jawhba
    jawhba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try for more low fat and high fibre foods. I think you are eating too much junk food.
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, youre not eating enough many days and youre not eating enough of the right foods. 70% of your weight loss will be in the kitchen. The bulk of your diet is compromised of cheese, bread, and corn flakes. Those should not be your diet staples if you want to be healthy let alone lose weight. I would add some more fruits and vegetables in there and try to eat mostly whole grains. Also try to eat at least 1400-1600 calories a day esp when you exercise. If you eat more whole foods, drink a lot of water, and eat more in general I think youll see a loss.
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can only speculate based on looking at your diary. It leads me to ask:

1. are you being 100% honest with your nutrition tracking?
    2. are you basing your deficit by week or daily?

Your tracking is all OVER the place. many days are over, many are well under - i.e. 867 cals in a day is unhealthy. If you are being honest and tracking it 100%, you are not eating right.
    [/quote

Yes, I am completely honest tracking my food and I tried to base my deficit weekly.
  • Clarisse0304
    Options
    Why do you use oil for scrambled eggs? There's no need. 2 eggs, dash of milk and in the microwave, stop it every 20 secs for whip with a fork. Perfect eggs.

I read that adding coconut oil to your diet helps you with belly fat and that's why I started using it, That and olive oil are the only ones that I used. Actually I am not very found of microwable eggs, in fact I try not to use my microwave at all. But thank you very much for your suggestion.
  • Clarisse0304
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your sugestions and I will definetely try to incorporate them and eat a lot better.
    Thanks again!