what are you reading?

Options
Hi all - just wondering what books you are reading at the moment and ones that you would recommend as a good read :)

Replies

• ktlynn447
    ktlynn447 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    50 shades of grey :blushing:
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm reading Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss but if you want recommendations I have heaps :-)
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    The Hunger Games Trilogy!!

I'm currently half-way through the second book and so far I've not been able to put them down! :)
  • yoyoannieo
    yoyoannieo Posts: 42
    Options
    this is great guys! Keep it coming. Just got me a kindle and im feeling the booky love!!! Ive done hunger games - thought it was a good read:smile: Keep hearing about this 50 shades of grey- maybe i should give it a go... :wink:
  • yoyoannieo
    Options
    wow - thats awesome that your grandad's book is published! AWESOME! :happy:
  • lelstar
    Options
    What sort of books do you like to read?
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    A thriller by Greg Iles....don't know what it's called in English because I'm reading the German translation. I just love my iPad Kindle app.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Killing Lincoln ~ Bill OReilly
  • yoyoannieo
    Options
    What sort of books do you like to read?

Im a bit of a book tart - i love all sorts! one of my faves is 'tuesdays with morrie' by mitch albom - love all those sort of books that make you think about your own life and how you can improve it. But then i also love crimey types, courtroomy types, i did get into harry potter and twilight etc. Im not huge on authors like marian keyes etc.
  • RAF_Guy
    Options

It only took 20 years, but we finally got it out there!
  • yoyoannieo
    Options

Just looked it up! Looks like a great read. Seems like another world away. we really dont realise how lucky we are huh!
  • yodapooper
    yodapooper Posts: 62
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I highly recommend 50 shades of Gray! I've read so many fantastic books since my hubby bought me my kindle fire. Another wonderful book yet quite different from the one I've already mentioned, is Wish you well by David Balldacci. There are so many more I could add.
  • RAF_Guy
    Options

Just looked it up! Looks like a great read. Seems like another world away. we really dont realise how lucky we are huh!

Definitely, we are so lucky, his family and many others at that time suffered such tragedy on a daily basis. I have given lots of people the book to read over the years and everybody , without fail, tells me what a brilliant book it is.
  • angels960
    angels960 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just finished Salmon Fishing in the Yemen I dont know what to read next either.
    Read all The Hunger Games
  • meljusl
    meljusl Posts: 8
    Options
    I just finished reading 50 shades of grey too! Highly recommend!!
  • angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mockingjay..the 3rd book of the Hunger Games...love those books
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've just finished the 50 Shades trilogy, enjoyable, if of little substance. I've also read The Wise Man's Fear as mentioned by a previous poster, and really enjoyed it, although that's the second one in a series.

I'm just about to start New Cthulhu: The Recent Weird, which is a collection of short stories inspired by HP Lovecraft, edited by Michael Marshall.
  • lelstar
    Options
    Alrighty I'm just gonna read you my bookshelf.

Virginia Andrews ( the ones under VC Andrews were completed after she died)
    Jean M Auel - love her books, historical novels, very well researched
    Kylie Chan - based on Chinese mythology with an Australian main character
    Bryce Courtenay
    Sara Douglas - the only series I'm a bit iffy on is her Crucible trilogy, read it in high school and can't get into it now
    Jim Butcher
    David and Leigh Eddings - David's novels after Leigh died are still quite good but missing his wife's touch
    Terry Goodkind - I absolutely love the Mord-Sith!
    John Marsden - they have started making these into movies and have kept fairly true to the books
    Anne McCaffreys Acorns series
    Terry Pratchett
    Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell
    Rachel Treasure - very Aussie
    And last but not least My Story by Dave Pelzer, heart wrenching.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love my kindle, too, just got it last Christmas. Finished the Hunger Games trilogy recently, and am now reading Mortal Instruments, enjoying it so far!