what are you reading?

Options

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Eating Animals" and just finished "2001 a Space Odyssey".
  • Stolenstar
    Stolenstar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games Trilogy is definately recommended, best books I've read in a long time.

If you enjoyed those I'd highly recommend the Gone series by Michael Grant...so looking forward to the last one coming out next year :)
  • shaunacaddell
    Options
    " The Wind Through The Key Hole" Stephen King. Love him :ohwell: :love: :love:
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Organizational Behavior: I am reading it prior to my class stating in about 2 weeks. I am working on my masters in project management. Sorry that I can't recommend anything really worth an "interesting read"....I did get some good ideas from everyone else. I am going to have to get the hunger games books.

Depending on your professor this can be a very interesting class. As you read this book and if you ever watched Star Trek think about the structure of the Enterprise and the principles discussed in the book.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    " The Wind Through The Key Hole" Stephen King. Love him :ohwell: :love: :love:

OOhhh that's on my list!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of "Fast Food Nation" but it's an actual book....I did just finish reading the series starting with "The Spellman Files" on my e-reader. Freaking love those books, the main character almost became like a best friend.
  • donnakparra
    donnakparra Posts: 11
    Options
    I am reading Silent Prey...John Stanford...
    He has a whole series of "Prey" novels...police crime mysteries with some romance thrown in...always good for a entertaining easy read...

I read A LOT....

some favorite authors/books:

Janet Evonivich...slap stick, laugh aloud books
    JD Robb...in Death series
    "A'is for Alibi, series...can't think of authors name...good series...mysteries (written by Sue Grafton)
    Water for Elephants
    Kristin Hannah, all of hers are good
    Jodi Picoult... "ditto"

I second these and wanna throw in Lisa Jackson, Lisa Gardner, Karin Slaughter, Nora Roberts, Jim Butcher...I know there is a lot more writers but am blanking out. JD Robb is my absolute favorite tho.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare. The 5th book in The Mortal Instruments series. Love love love!!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Whispers by Dean Koontz, just finished Real Life and Liars by Kristina Riggle (good read).
  • Sgriffin2382
    Options
    The Hunger Games Trilogy is definately recommended, best books I've read in a long time.

If you enjoyed those I'd highly recommend the Gone series by Michael Grant...so looking forward to the last one coming out next year :)

The Gone series is next on my list to buy!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Options
    Just finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth. And now I'm reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I've been on a dystopia kick lately.

Just finished Insurgent last week. Next year before the last one :-( I too am on a dystopian kick also. Love how each series is completely different!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I recently finished all three Hunger games and did all Three 50 Shades (did those in a week. COULD NOT put it down) then I did the first 2 books of Divergent (similar themes to Hunger Games) and now I'm reading the Nora Roberts Boonsboro series. Waiting on pin and needles for the new Janet Evanovich to come out Wicked Business.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Under the Dome by Stephen King

Just finished 11/22/63, taking a break from Terry Pratchett, was trying to read all the discworld novels.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    <<<---- Frank Zane's High Def Body and Power Eating V3
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Guilty Wives by James Patterson.

Here are some links that publish free Kindle books daily. You can sign up to receive the daily emails.

http://www.pixelofink.com/

http://ereaderlove.com/
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Stephen King's The Gunslinger from the Dark Tower Series :)

That's my jam! I need to read that series again. My favorite was Wizard and Glass.

Uhhm, I'm not reading anything right now (between books)
    but the last few I got my hands on were....

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness .. which is a supernatural/occult fiction with heavy romance and mystery themes. I'm pretty sure it will be made into a movie at some point since it just seems made for it and very current.

Secrets of The Fire Sea by Stephen Hunt .. a steampunk fantasy detective novel.. really dee-lightful, the third in his Jackals series.

Riryria Revelations by Michael Sullivan .. old school 3 book epic with strong male leads, mystery, fantasy. Castles, kings, sorceresses.

Silent Girl by by Tess Gerritson ... she does spectacular crime thrillers, this one is totally no different. Mmm. Tasty.

The next book I'm going to read is going to be Blackout by Mira Grant - which is the third book in a post apocalyptic zombie series, it features a lot of conspiracy, some amazing character development, and a unique take on the future of blogging. :) One hopes Amazon will get on their game and ship it SOON.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Under the Dome by Stephen King

Loved the concept (though visions of the Simpsons movie kept interfering!) but hated the ending - good idea but poor execution, IMHO.

Just finished 11/22/63, taking a break from Terry Pratchett, was trying to read all the discworld novels.

I REALLY want to read 11/22/63.

Fave King books:

IT
    Bag of Bones
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    The Long Walk (as Bachman)
    Duma Key

I like the first 4 Jean Auel books but I think they kind of got disjointed after that.

I have watched the first season of Game of Thrones and want the books - I can't even find them at Half Price yet! :laugh:

I've read the Harry Potter series a bazillion times more or less, as well as the Anne of Green Gables series. I'm currently listening to the first Anne book in my car - go to libravox.org for more info (they read all public domain books and make them available for listening.)

Just finished listening to Jane Eyre.

LOVED American Gods by Neil Gaiman

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

The Belgariad / Mallorean by David Eddings (have read some others but these I think are the best)
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    I finished Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter this week and just started Deadlocked (the 12th in the the Sookie Stackhouse series). I have Mockingjay (3rd in Hunger Games Series) waiting for me. Trying to finish these before my summer classes start June 5th.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Favorite book ever hands down. Gives me the willy chillies and makes me 1 million times more paranoid than 1984.
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Rereading A Song of Ice and Fire; on GoT at the moment.