Who's working today?

Options

Replies

• TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am working today. Well, I am AT work.. you can see that I am NOT working. I am gonna try to get out of here early though. Its dead quiet and nothing is happening!
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    Canadian. Queen Vicky's Day was on Monday. Plus, no rest for the wicked.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No holiday in Canada. Working all day.
  • fumter
    fumter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today is not a Holiday, Monday is!
    Today I have to pretend to work for 8 hours before I can enjoy the nice 3 day weekend!
  • Tinman42
    Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm working - but took off next Tuesday so I'll still have a 4 day weekend. Gonna be a looooooongggg day!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    ME! I have to get some info sent out b/c my coordinator is on vacation all next week! Keeps me goal focused ALL DAY! Well gotta go.......ZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Holiday? I wish.

I just don't work.

I have 3 dates today, with 3 different girls.

Shopping date at 1,

Dinner at 5:30

Movies around 8pm.

That's work enough for me. ^^
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just had 3 days off, now back on my 12 hour dayshifts, with 11 days more to go until I get a day off again :( Thank jeebus for Overtime pay!
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    We have to work today, even though my boss and the owner just took off for the beach LOL but at least
    we get Monday off!

OHHH and I"m glad I'm not the only one at work surfing MFP lol
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm at work because I'm the low (wo)man on the totem pole. Everyone else is off, and someone needs to be here.
    Also working Monday even though it's a holiday...

I am not the low (wo)man on the totem pole but I am the only one in the office today at my location LOL I thought 2 other guys were here but the lights are just on in their offices LOL
  • trailsinlife
    trailsinlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm also at work and most of our sailors are as well. I'm sure most people in the office will try to escape early but being the one in charge I don't get that luxury.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I work on a military base and all the military folks have a down day so only the civilians are left. We were"eccouraged" to take leave but I'm not burning a vacation day when its 50, windy and raining. Out of 60 civilians, there are only 6 of us here. So I'm going to sit here all day and surf MFP.

Why are you at work today before this Holiday in the US?

Exact same here., except no military and no civilians, only like 5 of us contractors bothered coming in. All I have to do today is wait for a call and pick up a design package when said call comes in.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I"m working today because I didn't want to waste a vacation day. (I do have Monday off though.) Today is going to be long too, after work after seeing a friend for a bit I get to drive 2 and a half hours to pick another friend up and bring him back to my place to save me the extra driving tomorrow when we go to San Francisco for a day of LARPing. I probably won't be home until 1 am if I'm lucky. :sigh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    "Working" yes. But I really wouldn't say what I do here is work... But I have Monday and Tuesday off.
  • Mirror_Mirror
    Options
    I work in a vet clinic lots of sick pets to see (and healthy ones to vaccinate). BUT a 3 day weekend is not a bad trade.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I work at a convenience store so I don't get "weekends". Today, I am not at work. Sat through Wed I will be, though. Next day off is Thursday.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Reasons why I am working:

1. no vacation time to take it off (new employee)
    2. my 'office enemy' is gone today -- I will thoroughly enjoy being here today without her crabby, psycho-ness.
    3. my job is pretty laid back

Reasons why we should be closed:

1. the phone has rang 6 times in the last 2 days.
    2. we are a contracting bus company (school buses), no one needs/wants our services on summer break
    3. no one truly WANTS to be here.
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm at work... didn't even know people took off today lol I'm hoping I even get Monday off :/
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I'm here because I started a new job and I don't have any vacation. :(
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Last day with students was yesterday. Had to come to school today for final staff meeting (aka breakfast and roasting other teachers). We leave at 11 for our off site "meeting" (local bar with lunch and drinks)