Anyone trying to lose about 40 pounds?

Replies

• juliebling
    juliebling Posts: 6
    Me too! I'm planning on losing around 40! Just for me .... no wedding .... no man ..... just because I want to be the best me that I can. Oh, and I'm turning 40 this summer so I'm kind of freaking out!
  • Yes i am!! Been doing this two weeks now
    I had my first baby 10 months ago and been so busy didn't realize i gained so much. Had a physical two weeks ago and when. They weghed me i just cried bc i never weighed this much except while pregnant. I was so tired and busy w being a fulltime working mom. But i've had so much energy since i been eating healthy.
  • I am trying to loose 40 lbs, came to mfp with 210lbs, lost 18lbs and 22lbs to go!
    Good luck to all of us ;-) if anyone want to add me into your mfp feel free, it is always great to have support.
  • ElijahsMom08
    ElijahsMom08 Posts: 14 Member
    Have Lost 45... Did it in 6 months..... worked out 6 days a week and ate clean.... low on the processed food.... other than that just focused on one day at a time not a big goal.... today I will eat good.... today I will move...... good luck

I love this ....and sometimes it's 'one meal at a time" or "five minutes exercise at a time".

Agree with both of you!!!
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Have Lost 45... Did it in 6 months..... worked out 6 days a week and ate clean.... low on the processed food.... other than that just focused on one day at a time not a big goal.... today I will eat good.... today I will move...... good luck

That's awesome! Congrats!

My goal was to lose 43 lbs to get back down to 180. Just finished up a round of P90X and lost 23 lbs since February. So I'm a little more than half-way there. Going to start another round of the program next week and keep working towards my goal.

The "one day at a time" mantra is a good one.
  • Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    I'm 26, from my start weight I needed to lose 32lbs in total to get back into my healthy BMI height/weight ratio. I'm 10lbs down so far, but when I hit the 32lb goal I'll probably see how I look and feel then, and judge whether or not I need to go a bit more. Trying to tone up as well. For anyone interested, '15 minute workouts for dummies' is a great (and cheap to buy) DVD. Don't be put off by the title! You can work at various levels of intensity at your own pace and it's perfect for anyone (like me) who says they never have time to exercise! :smile:
  • kmg378
    kmg378 Posts: 8 Member
    My long term goal was about 40 lbs down. I've got about 32 lbs to go. Whoo hoo! I always love having new friends so feel free to add me :)
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    My initial goal was to lose about 50ish pounds to put me under 200, I've lost 15 so far so in a little over a month... have 35+ to go to hit my goal. Anyone can add me that wants to, I'm on here every day and will be here til I'm at least under 200 then I might not pay as much attention to the boards but will still be tracking my food/exercise!
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Hello! I'm 26 with 40 to lose. I've lost 10lbs already with MFP. Feel free to add. :happy:
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    im trying to lose AT LEAST 40... closer to 55-60 but 40 is a start.. feel free to add me. you are well on ur way!!!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    :wink: this gal! And I plan to do it all this month

ment to say this summer:ohwell:
  • EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    As of today, I have lost 54.5 pounds since last January. It's all about moderation. I still splurge some but it's more sparingly now. I am attending a wedding on 6/29 and am a bit scared of what I will look like. I still have a ways to go and need to tone up but am taking it one day at a time. I still log all my intake, water, and exercise too. I'm six foot as well and thought I carried the weight well. I love how I look right now but have a ways to go.
  • Yes. I'm 25 and looking to lose about 40-45lbs.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    I have more to lose but im a bride to be too and would love to add you :D
  • kmpawley
    kmpawley Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I am also trying to lose just about 40 pounds. As of today I have lost 3 but I just started. Feel free to add me as a friend. I think the more people on here supporting each other the beter. When is your wedding?
  • tiguer
    tiguer Posts: 37 Member
    Add me too - i just started and am trying to lose about 40 lbs. It's not for a special occassion - I just want to feel and look better!
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    I am on my way to 40lbs.. maybe beyond... I want to feel fit not fat... So where ever that takes me.. no special occasion.. it's just time!!
  • leezanicole
    leezanicole Posts: 96
    Going to add you! I'm 182 and looking to be 140-150. Lets do this! I don't have a special occasion, just tired of being unhealthy!
  • Dimps23
    Dimps23 Posts: 13 Member
    I would love to lose 40 but I'd be thrilled with losing 20!
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    I have lost 61.5 already and looking to lose another 42 :)