Your running uniform

Options

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - also always wear my RoadID when I'm out running or walking.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Running shorts/Dry Fit t shirt
    Sony flash player/headphones
    New Balance Minimus Trail or Vibram Bikila LS (Love barefoot/minimalist shoes.)
    No water if my runs are under 4 miles
    Two Hammer supplements for runs over 10 miles (Wife paces me on the bike and has water.)
    Sunglasses
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Running shorts/Dry Fit t shirt
    Sony flash player/headphones
    New Balance Minimus Trail or Vibram Bikila LS (Love barefoot/minimalist shoes.)
    No water if my runs are under 4 miles
    Two Hammer supplements for runs over 10 miles (Wife paces me on the bike and has water.)
    Sunglasses

Android with Strava running app.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I wear: Karrimor running top and capris
    MoreMile socks
    Asics Gel shoes
    A cheap wristband with my phone and Endomondo app
    Sansa Clip MP3 Player (this would be removed if I wasn't running in a well-known neighbourhood and feeling totally safe)
    Pulse Sonic HRM
    Shock Absorber Sports Bra

No water for me. Only doing 5ks so far, working up to 10ks towards the end of this year/next year. If I reach a distance where I feel like I need hydration on my run, I'll buy a belt.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    hair tie, sports bra, running shorts, Garmin watch, vibrams

5b2550cc.jpg
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ball hat or buff
    Sunglasses
    iphone
    Wicking Tee or Tank
    Running Shorts
    Depending on the distance I'll take my fuel belt for water and gu
    Garmin
    Wicking Socks
    Nike Shoes
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I wear a t-shirt, compression shorts (to stop chaffing) and shorts. Then of course my running shoes and Droid with music/GPS/coaching app. Sunglasses only if needed. I only run 30-40 minutes, so I don't bring water.

I don't live is a great neighborhood, but I suppose if it was really bad I would carry a gun. I would be intent on winning the dual if ever needed.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I run in shorts tank top and sports bra. have an IPOD on my arm. I am watchful of the things around me. I stick to the neighborhoods because I will run into someones house if I have to. Once I was running an i kept seeing a blazer drive past me turn around and drive past. (I live in Rural area) I got scared, it was like 6AM so I got a rock and wrote the TAG number on the street. Wasnt much longer until I figured out it was somsone delivering news papers, trying to find the right houses. LOL.
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I found a single earbud on Amazon. This way I get my music but can still hear traffic and dogs. I tried just using one of a set of earbuds, but hated having the extra cord hanging around or coming untucked.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the day and the distance. Congrats on the C25K so far, I am about 18 months past finishing that program myself!
    I usually try to wear a light colored or bright tech shirt with something reflective when I run in the evening, tech shorts and my Saucony Cohesion trainers. I just now started running with my Mp3 player for my solo runs since I got a single ear bud that doesn't have a 2nd one bouncing around. For longer runs I carry a bottle of water with a hand strap for the REALLY long runs I will take my fuel belt bottles and will usually carry a towel too. For the longer runs I usually have enough packets of Gu to get me through the time, either in the pockets of my shorts or my water bottle carrier. I have a single pocket fuel belt that I usually run on nearly every run for carrying my phone, ICE, and I'll wear sunglasses only if needed.
    Keep it up on the C25K, the program does work!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    vibrams, danskin pants, calf compression sleeves, racing shirt, my interval timer. That's pretty much it. If I'm doing a long run, I bring along one of my camelbacks, and some snacks.
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wear a t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up and tucked into my sports bra so they don't give me a farmer's tan. :D And shorts...and really old, junky tennis shoes that are super broken in and comfy. :) Only ear buds if I'm at the gym.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Clothing depends on weather, but I never wear cotton as my base layer.
    Ipod shuffle and Garmin
    Asics Kayano shoes
    good socks
    hairband or hat

Also wanted to point out that if you are just starting to run outside, with summer approaching, be very mindful of the heat and humidity. I know it sounds obvious, but it can have a major impact on your performance. Try to plan your runs when the sun is down. In the summer, I like to run at dusk, so I always wear a reflector vest because I am on the roads. I do not recommend running alone on trails in the dark.

Congrats on the C25K...Good luck!
  • mikeocost14
    mikeocost14 Posts: 25
    Options
    C9 shorts and shirt. Asics GT2160's. iPhone. Yurbuds earphones. Duramax socks. front door key.

and a super absorbant, geeky headband, cuz i sweat like a mofo.
  • ladykat2330
    ladykat2330 Posts: 33
    Options
    t shirt, leggings, trainers, sports bra waterproof if its raining (I live in Manchester it rains a lot) and my running partner. ( I still haven't managed to go for an outside run alone).
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Old gym shorts 'cause they're lightweight.

Good running shoes. (learn from my horrible "I'll just wear my Keds...why can't I walk and why am I in massive pain" mistake, don't go cheap on the shoes)

Two sports bras 'cause my girls need real support while running, and I'd much rather have them flat then painfully bouncing.

Light weigh t-shirt so the neighborhood creepers don't gawk at my girls.

iPod

No hat, but that's not a bad idea.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Bluetooth headset (I will not deal with a wire, and I can't wear earbuds)
    Polar FT60 heart rate monitor
    If I'm running far, SPI(small personal items) belt for phone and keys
    Android apps - Sports Tracker and whatever program I'm using (Bridge to 5K App, currently)
    New Balance W880GS sneaks
    Gap sports bra (I'm blessed with a small chest, what can I say)
    Running shorts or any kind of athletic short, I hate pants
    Tank top if it's really hot or Nike dri-fit running shirt

(yeah I take a few minutes to set up:))

I live in Fairfield, CT right near the beach so there are some GREAT running spots down by the shore! Sometimes I will go to the local track at city hall or Fairfield University.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Compression Pants are a MUST for me! They hold all the extra "fluff" in and I don't chaff or itch. :laugh:

Other than that, regular tee shirt, good bra, socks that are comfy and good shoes. I wear Swiftwick socks and they're expensive, but they wick away moisture and are very good! My running shoes are Ryka. Though I don't know that much about the brand, they're comfy also and not heavy.

I have the C25K program on my iPhone, so my phone is a necessity for me.

Finally, get a weapon. Someone said pepper spray. Just something that will deter animals and wayward people from you. That's extremely important! Last week, after I finished a successful session, I ran into a nice unfriendly German Shepherd. Now mind you, I have a rottweiller and a pit bull, but I don't take them with me all the time and this time I'm glad I didn't because I don't think I'd make a good referee between the dogs. So I wussed out and hid in a neighbor's driveway behind some cars. The dog didn't bother me, but still...

Oh yes, my Polar heart rate monitor too!
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    sunglasses
    tank top
    sweat pants/yoga pants
    comfy socks
    asics running shoes
    spibelt with only my housekey, phone (which I use for music), headphones

I don't drink water while I run

I'm now hearing about this garmin but the app MapMyRun seems to track the same things.
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    about halfway through C25K taking my sweet *kitten* time... but here it is from head to toe:

USMC hat
    cheapo sunglasses
    motorola wireless bluetooth headphones - if you're interested - HIGHLY recommended http://tinyurl.com/motorolaheadphones
    armband with my phone
    old navy active tank top w/ built in bra
    my fitbit right in the cleavage :blushing:
    t-shirt
    leggings (danskin compression leggings in navy blue from the local dance supply store or champion by target.... both awesome)
    two safety pins to hold those babies up while i run..... seriously
    new balance or balega socks
    brooks adrenaline GTS 11 sneaks

anddddd that's it. sometimes i slip on my walmart fake engagement ring so that the older gentlemen at the boardwalk refrain from hitting on me (yes, prior experience... no, don't want to talk about it!)