i need your avocado recipes

Options

Replies

• lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I spread hummus on a half of a tortilla wrap and then a cut strips of red pepper and strips of avocado and put alpha sprout on it . I roll it up.. Yummy!! Enjoy.
  • AllonaR
    AllonaR Posts: 1
    Options
    My Favorite thing to do with them, is dice up some red onion put in a containter with lime juice and chill, then cook chicken breast, right before your going to eat, dice your avacado add to the lime and onion add salt and pepper and voila! Avacado salsa! So good, i usually dice the chicken too and put it in a wrap.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    half it, pit it, scoop out some flesh (eat that), wrap each half in foil and crack an egg into each "hole".
    Bake for 15-20 min at 350-400 and top with cheese and salsa.

Oh my goooddd! Breakfast tomorrow!
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    half it, pit it, scoop out some flesh (eat that), wrap each half in foil and crack an egg into each "hole".
    Bake for 15-20 min at 350-400 and top with cheese and salsa.

Oh my goooddd! Breakfast tomorrow!

Me too! Should I leave the skin on or no?
  • kpolden34
    kpolden34 Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite is avocados cut up into chunks with tomato chunks, red onion chopped up, fresh garlic and just a little bit of extra virgin olive oil....yum!
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Tomato, Cheese (notmelted), Mayo - Sandwich.

Best thing EVER

^this! It is the best thing ever.

I personally love it on pumpernickel bread, with a three-cheese blend of parm/romano/and something else I forget. Also, I use Vegenaise instead of mayo, because it tastes better and thus, makes me happy. Don't forget to add a little cracked black pepper on top before you smoosh your breads together!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I add avocado to my green smoothies. They make the smoothie so incredibly creamy.
  • hockeymom90
    hockeymom90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I mash them up and add a little fresh lemon juice and garlic powder. Then put it over steamed potatoes...so much better than butter and sour cream.
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    Try these AWESOME super crispy oven fried avocado fries. They were so good.

http://lemonsavory.com/2012/05/23/avocado-fries/
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Saving for later. Thank-you!!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump. I LOVE avocados!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    avocadogasm!!!!
  • mBlanca007
    mBlanca007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi JackieMarie and everyone else! 8)

I was just looking up the nutrition facts of my avocado this morning and came across easy & quick recipes from the Mission Produce. Check out the list...

http://missionpro.com/avorecipes.html

Hope that helps!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I made this salad last night, great as a side in the summer.

2 cups corn niblets
    2 avocados cubed
    1 tomato
    1 green beans
    black olives optional

Mix and enjoy.

Karen
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've never tried avocados before and have been curiously looking at them in the grocery store recently. I've been reading up on their health benefits and talking with an associate of mine at work who loves them. I think this post has pushed me over the edge. I'm picking some up on the way home tonight to try this weekend!

Thanks or all the great recipes. I'll let you know how it turns out. Also, it so happens that I have some awesome tortilla soup in the fridge, so I'll start by adding some avocado to that for dinner!
  • michbou
    michbou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    when you make your BLT add some avocado - it's so good!
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is yum. This is my fave!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Light-and-Delicious-Guacamole
  • temsabi
    temsabi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this recipe isn't difficult...just time consuming:

Get some spring roll rice wraps from the Asian section of your grocery store
    Get a large baking dish that easily fits the wraps
    Fill the baking dish with water as hot as possible but so that you can stand to touch it
    Soak the wraps in a dish for about a minute (one at a time)

After each wrap is soaked, take it and place on large plate or flat surface, add to the edge of one wrap SMALL portions of the following:

Pinch of chopped cabbage
    slice of avocado
    pinch of shredded carrot
    tablespoon of peanut butter
    pinch of spinach
    SMALL squirt of Sriracha sauce (also in the Asian foods section--you can substitute for a more mild sauce if you don't like spicy food)
    basil (optional)
    choice of cooked noodles (optional)

Wrap up the roll like you would a tightly formed burrito, folding EACH edge into the center to enclose all the ingredients inside.

Each pack of wraps has about 40 wraps I think, so you can really make a lot of these and they're DELICIOUS!! Great for people with gluten allergies too, since the wraps are made with rice.
  • mrsbez1
    mrsbez1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My son eats bananacado often and loves it :)
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump