How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• danam82
    danam82 Posts: 30
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. After the potty and before breakfast. I do this knowing that my weight fluctuates so I don't get down on myself when I see that I've gained a pound or so from the day before. I like to know generally where my weight is and see how it's trending.
  • yogibear1023
    Options
    I JUST started weighing myself about once every week to a week and a half. If I'm apprehensive about it and I feel like it might make me depressed then I simply don't do it that day. I am slowly getting comfortable with weighing myself and being okay with what I see and with what it means for me in terms of action and progress. I don't want to weigh myself daily because seeing 2 pounds down at the end of the week is much more gratifiying for me than seeing it happen gradually every day. As someone else said I think you just have to go with what works for you and motivates you to stay healthy.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Just whenever I think to. Probably a couple times a week.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Once a week... everyday, drove me crazy! So many things to make your weight go uppppp then ddooowwwnn.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning before my shower. It's just a level set for the day. I do not record the weight change unless it is signficant. Typically I don't update my weight on here more than 2x a month. I like to keep it real and understand that my numbers will fluctuate.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after i go pee when i wake up. More because Im curious then anything but I pay more attention to how my body feels, then I do my weight and size. But it does give me inspiration to workout more if ive lost its the "I know Im on the right track"feeling and if Ive gained its "I can do it better today" attitude :smile:
  • drdortch
    drdortch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Daily ... some times multiple times a day.... LOL

But I officially weigh in on Tuesday mornings as soon as I wake up.
  • Katwilkins
    Katwilkins Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For sure once a day first thing in the morning. I know my official day is on Mondays so that is when I set my goal to have lost weight by. But sometimes several times a day, I don't get down on myself, it's just interesting to see the patterns of how much I weigh before I go to bed and how much I weigh in the morning or throughout the day depending on what I eat or drink
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

I record it on a spreadsheet, with a graph. I also have a graph for weekly trends.

I watch the trend, and don't worry about daily fluctuations.
  • canncann22
    canncann22 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself about every week and a half, but I always mentally prepare myself before so I don't get bummed. Don't get too wrapped up in the scale, because you're measurements tell you a lot also. I lost more inches than I did weight in the beginning
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day. The one I track is first thing in the morning. To smooth out the daily ups and downs I graph the 10 day Moving Average which gives me a good perspective on how things are going.
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record it once a week. I retain water like crazy due to my meds so I don't worry about it.
  • JoanKB54
    JoanKB54 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do the same as you. I weigh myself every morning. I know a lot people will fuss about that, but I know myself. If I didn't weigh myself everyday, I would not be as good on my diet. If I weighed in on Friday, I would think it would be OK to cheat a little here and there. I would have the time to make up for it before it was time to weigh in again.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Every Morning!:flowerforyou:

Me too. NAked! LOL
  • tammisr32
    tammisr32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself twice a week. Once on Fridays... and once on Tuesdays (which are my Mondays) so I can see how much I screwed up if at all over the weekend. For some reason it gets me more motivated to know what I need to do during the week. However, that being said... I only measure once a month, unless I notice some huge change. I also retain water due to medications.... so when I actually feel "normal" and not bloated and I think I might have lost more that the scale is showing, I give in and weigh/measure in. Gives me a confidence boost every now and then.
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every morning w/o clothes on and after I use the bathroom. But I don't stress out if I am the same or have gained. My official weigh in day is on Mondays though, that's the one I use on here.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day first thing in the morning (after taking a wiz).
    I find it doesn't fluctuate much, even day to day. I log when it finally drops and stays down 2 days in a row.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    2 times a day.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Honestly I weigh myself DAILY but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that to anyone--that sometimes gets to be frustrating but unfortunately it's a HABIT for me and has even trickled down to my 23 year old dtr. I believe the most popular recommendation I've heard is once a week
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I did twice a week, then every morning and now back to twice a week. That scale was so frsutrating, I can´t have that more often than twice a week.