How Endomondo has Motivated Me More than Anything Ever...

Options
iiFarmerii
iiFarmerii Posts: 54 Member
A little over a month ago, I downloaded an app on my phone called Endomondo... It has become the biggest motivation I have ever encountered. I have started a personal blog that talks about my experiences with Endomondo, an app review, my progress and results, links to get the app, etc.

I have been into fitness for over 13 years and I have never came across something that is as motivating as the myfitnesspal app... and now I can add Endomondo to that list... I used both of these apps together to really get a good grasp at how healthy my lifestyle is and where I can improve!

If you want to read about Endomondo and my progress my blog is endomondoroad.blogspot.com

Has anybody else had any awesome experiences with Endomondo?:bigsmile:

Replies

• Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love it! I use Endomondo every time I go for a walk, jog, or bike ride. It has been very helpful in tracking everything, but especially calories burned and distance.
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    I know isn't it amazing!! I use it all the time too... I love that it shows personal bests too :)
  • LETTYRP05
    LETTYRP05 Posts: 36
    Options
    i also love this app
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I use it every time I go for a walk, and it's encouraged me to stick to exercising for the first time in my life (and I'm 42). The only problem is that I don't always notice when it can't find a satellite, and then I have no data. Annoying.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love it too!!! I use it anytime I walk or jog!!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    My husband recently started using that...I use Runtastic
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I use it for my bike rides. I have a holster for my iPhone that fits my handlebars so I can see my speed and distance at a glance. Love it!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I started using Endomondo a few weeks ago and love it! Unfortunately, with summer here and the kids out of school, I have to find other ways of getting my exercise, but come Fall, I'll be back out there tracking my walks:)
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    I love that all of you guys are using this app... I'm hooked on it for sure! That blog that I posted is going to be my digital journal of my experience with Endomondo... I'm excited for the journey! :)
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So I have been using it and noticed it not being very accurate on distance so I used it with my tracks which I have update my gps every 3 feet becuse the recommended 36 feet was making all kinds of mistakes on my run around my 12 acres there was almost a 1/2 mile less using endomondo. Do you know if there is a way to change how often endomondo talks to the gps? When mountain biking the trails are very twisting and turning and I don't think it is accurate at all. Thanks.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have used Endo for little over year now and I love it! :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend on there! My user is the same as on here...

I love the challenges and seeing how you match up to other people.

Now I have a Garmin I can connect to it on the Endo website and upload my workouts directly, which is awesome because it means I don't have to use the Endo app if I don't want to. I found the GPS on my phone a bit ropey sometimes so it's great that it has this ability. The statistics page is great for tracking your progress and as you said that website along with MFP is the perfect combo!

Happy tracking! :happy:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    ooooo I do I do I do...I love it when it works right, but every now and then it freaks out, I use it when I go on walks and I can't wait to use it when I start riding a bike!!! ENDOMONDO! :love: :bigsmile:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Now I have a Garmin I can connect to it on the Endo website and upload my workouts directly, which is awesome because it means I don't have to use the Endo app if I don't want to. I found the GPS on my phone a bit ropey sometimes so it's great that it has this ability.

So it definately has to be a Garmin to connect with it???? Yeh my GPS has been pretty nuts at times...it once showed that I walked straight out to the middle of Lake Michigan and back and said I burned like 15,000 cals...:laugh:
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    I too have found it to be a bit inaccurate as well... I would suggest doing what the gentleman said the comment above or you can use a more accurate gps tracker along with Endomondo and then edit your actual miles later at Endomondo.com...
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    One thing endomondo suggests if before any outdoor activity... reboot your phone and grab new more accurate GPS readings... That has helped me out huge... I haven't had any issues...
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I use it for my bike rides. I have a holster for my iPhone that fits my handlebars so I can see my speed and distance at a glance. Love it!

I just downloaded it for bike riding..... I will have to get me a holster for my phone. Thanks for that idea.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I use sports tracker with a heart rate monitor and both are a blast or my fittness but any like this is a good thing so well done all
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Ive been using Endomondo for almost a year and love it. I don't use it as much for GPS, though, as I don't take my phone with me, but I do input my GPS readings into it.

I have found the calorie burn to be off, though, which is the only thing I don't like about it. Even if I put in my heart rate max and average when I put in a workout, it's always much lower than my HRM.

I do like to see my personal best and how many burgers I've burned :smile:
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    I just downloaded this app to my blackberry yesterday, haven't got a chance to use it yet, but now that the kids will be on summer vacation soon, i'm sure I'll be taking them on lots of walks, hikes and bike rides so can't wait to try it out! :glasses:
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    Ive been using Endomondo for almost a year and love it. I don't use it as much for GPS, though, as I don't take my phone with me, but I do input my GPS readings into it.

I have found the calorie burn to be off, though, which is the only thing I don't like about it. Even if I put in my heart rate max and average when I put in a workout, it's always much lower than my HRM.

I do like to see my personal best and how many burgers I've burned :smile:

Yeah... there are some discrepancies but I too love the historical stats... even if they are a bit off... :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!