what are you reading?

Options

Replies

• TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Have been reading 1 autobiography a month this year as a new years resolution.
    Lined up for June: Rich Roll - Finding Ultra
    July: I am Ozzy
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan.

Awesome read, incredibly written, would most certainly recommend it!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Favorite book ever hands down. Gives me the willy chillies and makes me 1 million times more paranoid than 1984.

A FREAKIN' MEN!!

I couldn't even read it all at once (normally I pretty much devour books.) I felt so stifled while I was reading it I had to take a break!
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A Storm of Swords. The third in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series (A Game of Thrones). I've loved the whole series so far. Loooooong books, but worth the commitment.

I am on the fourth book of the series...."A Feast for Crows" and I am almost done with it and am waiting for the 5th book to come to paperback so I can read it!

I love these, too, and am anxiously awaiting book 5 in paperback!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Reading now - A Clash of Kings (Song of Ice & Fire, bk 2) - George RR Martin
    Just finished - Lover Reborn - JR Ward
    Up next - The Dark Tide (Andrien English Series) - Josh Lanyon

I know, I'm all over the place with the genres but I read A LOT and I have to mix it up
  • matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm reading "All That Remains" by Patricia Cornwall. It is so easy to read and a brilliant story, so much so I actually bought another of her books before finishing this one. I am a very slow reader though! Oh, I also want to read Tess Gerritson.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley is my current read. I love books with epic quests along the lines of Lord of the Rings.
  • matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    The next book I'm going to read is going to be Blackout by Mira Grant - which is the third book in a post apocalyptic zombie series, it features a lot of conspiracy, some amazing character development, and a unique take on the future of blogging. :) One hopes Amazon will get on their game and ship it SOON.

Oh, Amazon is on their game now ;)
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Reading "SAIL" by James Patterson right now, also read his MAXIMUM RIDE series.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    50 shades of grey :blushing:

Pervert.

John Glenn's autobiography and a few other things.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just finished:
    Wind through the Keyhole (King)
    Hunger Games Trilogy (Collins - OMG loved them!!!)
    The Secret Keeper & The Secret Keeper Confined (It was Ok, not awesome don't recall the author?)
    Harry Potter - pick one, I've recently read it, lol.
    The Stand (King - the unabridged version that I had previously been unaware of, lol!!)
    Wizard of Oz, and started the 2nd book.
    I know there's probably more. I read fast.
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    "Death in the Beginning" by Gary Williams and Vicky Knerly.
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley is my current read. I love books with epic quests along the lines of Lord of the Rings.

LOVE Robin Mckinley, especially the fairy tales and the Blue Sword books -- she has a vampire book out that is pretty awesome in a creepy way...Sunshine
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Favorite book ever hands down. Gives me the willy chillies and makes me 1 million times more paranoid than 1984.

A FREAKIN' MEN!!

I couldn't even read it all at once (normally I pretty much devour books.) I felt so stifled while I was reading it I had to take a break!

I had to read that for school!
  • yoyoannieo
    yoyoannieo Posts: 42
    Options
    Alrighty I'm just gonna read you my bookshelf.

Virginia Andrews ( the ones under VC Andrews were completed after she died)
    Jean M Auel - love her books, historical novels, very well researched
    Kylie Chan - based on Chinese mythology with an Australian main character
    Bryce Courtenay
    Sara Douglas - the only series I'm a bit iffy on is her Crucible trilogy, read it in high school and can't get into it now
    Jim Butcher
    David and Leigh Eddings - David's novels after Leigh died are still quite good but missing his wife's touch
    Terry Goodkind - I absolutely love the Mord-Sith!
    John Marsden - they have started making these into movies and have kept fairly true to the books
    Anne McCaffreys Acorns series
    Terry Pratchett
    Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell
    Rachel Treasure - very Aussie
    And last but not least My Story by Dave Pelzer, heart wrenching.

wow! So many i havent heard of - def gives me something to sink my teeth into. LOVED LOVED LOVED the tomorrow series by marsden.
  • yoyoannieo
    Options
    :happy:
    I am reading Silent Prey...John Stanford...
    He has a whole series of "Prey" novels...police crime mysteries with some romance thrown in...always good for a entertaining easy read...

I read A LOT....

some favorite authors/books:

Janet Evonivich...slap stick, laugh aloud books
    JD Robb...in Death series
    Philippea Greggory (sp), she wries Historical novels...Other Boylen Girl, the Red Queen, the White Queen, etc...
    Sophia Kinsley (sp)..shopaholic series and all of her others are good
    Jude Deveraux...mostly romance with a twist
    "A'is for Alibi, series...can't think of authors name...good series...mysteries
    Water for Elephants and Ape House
    Power of One
    Kristin Hannah, all of hers are good
    Jodi Picoult... "ditto"

There are so many good ones to choose...my reading list is longer than my life expectancy!

John Stanford sounds interesting - might give them a whirl :happy: and the philippa greggory sounds interesting too. THANKS :flowerforyou:
  • yoyoannieo
    Options
    I love to read cozy mysteries; they entertain me! Right now I'm reading "A Deadly Grind" by Victoria Hamilton. This is a new author for me so no recommendation on this yet. Overall, I just inhale mysteries. Keeps me running to the library AND buying books (real and on Kindle). Hope you find something you enjoy.

Ive got such a big list now - im pumped. Feel like calling in sick to work for the next 3 months so i can snuggle up and read read read!!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    right now?

Message Boards » Chit-chat, fun, and games » Reply To Topic
    HomeRecent PostsMy TopicsSettingsSearch
    Topic: what are you reading?

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • yoyoannieo
    Options
    I am reading The Hunger Games Trilogy as well. Just finished Book 1 day before yesterday, and am probably about 2/3 of the way through the second. Am actually looking for ideas of what to read after I finish reading it, so thanks for the thread!

:happy: No worries!
    theres nothing worse than that sinking feeling when you finish a good book and then you think 'what on earth can i read now!"
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    MFP forums