Insanity, P90x, or jillian michaels body revolution? help :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Twinzim
    Twinzim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Week one of JMBR done... lost 4 lbs. Followed diet plan to a T. I found it to be really easy! I had to do the power moves and amp up the intensity for the beginning DVD's (Insanity make everything seem easy) I did not feel I was getting a good enough workout. So week 2 I decided to move to the second phase of the workout ahead of schedule. This is a better fit for where I am at physically. This phase is challenging and I feel like it is a really good workout. I probably will not loose much weight during this phase, as I am sure I will be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. My body has already started to change and I am loving it! This workout is only 30 mins. Totally do-able, Jillian pushes you just when you need her to. I am sure phase 3 will kick my butt!
  • mima219
    mima219 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started insanity... what I love is that you dont need the extra equipment. But i did my first dvd yesterday my whole body is super sore not sure how your suppose to keep up when u can barely go up the stairs the day after lol...
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend body revolution. i'm on phase 3 week 10 is on monday. my arms have never looked better! my pooch is shrinking and my waist is getting so small. the workouts switch up every two weeks. it progressively gets harder but you can do it. the workouts are fun and only 30 mins a day, the workout flies by. all you need is hand weights and a resistance cable, which i'm pretty sure they send you one with the program
  • loviatar40
    loviatar40 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have tried all 3, and Body Revolution is my favorite. There is a lot of variety, which keeps it from getting boring, and I've always loved how Jillian combines cardio with strength training. I really liked P90X and was definitely getting results, but it's hard to find 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day to work out with two young kids, so I gave up on that. I enjoyed Insanity at first, but there isn't enough strength training and the workouts start to get a little monotonous. I also didn't see much weight loss, which confused me because my heart monitor said I was burning huge amounts of calories. I lost 50 pounds by alternating 2 Jillian workouts: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. I would recommend these DVDs to anyone who doesn't want to shell out $120... they are only $9 each and are highly effective. I know Jillian works, which made me decide to try Body Revolution. I have about 15 more pounds to lose to get back to my high school weight, and I have lost about 6 pounds with Body Revolution so far. I ended up skipping the first phase because it was too easy for me. I'm on Phase 3, which is very tough, and I just started doing 2 workouts a day because they are short; strength in the morning, cardio in the evening. I'm hoping this will ramp up my results. They are all good workouts, but if you get bored easily or don't have a huge amount of time for exercise, go with Jillian.
  • jdubs927
    jdubs927 Posts: 10
    Options
    Insanity is awesome! I'm on week 2 and I love it so far... I've done Jillian's ripped in 30 and while i did see a little results it didnt make me FEEL like i worked out after... with Insanity I am pouring sweat and feeling incredible afterwards. You also don't need anything for insanity, no weights, nothing! It's great
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i'm excited to start JMBR after i finish ripped. it sounds like the results are amazing just like RI30! stoked!
  • wndnls
    wndnls Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm an Insanity junkie. lol I love it. I just started, but I look forward to doing it everyday. I've already seen a difference in just a week and a half. I can't wait to continue with the program. The deeper you dig, the better the results. That includes the workouts and the eating right. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I Also have INSANITY and I lOVE IT! but I'm also considering buying Body Revolution...Just to change time to time. But TRUST me INSANITY WORKS!!!
  • McRoberts19
    McRoberts19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on the last week of Body Revolution. I cannot say enough about this program!! Love it, love it, love it and love her!!!!! I have lost 21lbs. Now looking into Insanity for my next program.
  • hannahb0614
    hannahb0614 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did P90X for 3 weeks and lost 8 lbs, but it was a lot of commitment for the hour+ that I don't have extra with kids around. Insanity I have too, but it's very intense, so I'm waiting until I lose a little more weight and ease into my journey first. Currently, I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and absolutely love it. I'm on day 3 of the first week. She is very motivating (i usually get pretty annoyed by girl trainers lol) but I'm going to finish her program. It's 30 mis a day but I feel a difference already in how I feel.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X and insanity and they are very different but I like them both.

Insanity is very cardio based and involves lots of jumping, etc. Some people can't handle this because of back/knee problems so take that into consideration. I LOVE this workout for dance conditioning. Shaun T is a choreographer so his workouts are great for that type of training or if you just want to look like a dancer. :laugh:

P90X is basically a guided weight training program. I like that it has a variety of workouts and you can customize the system to your specific goals.It has cardio, strength training and flexibility so it's a very well-rounded plan. You can buy all the extras or you can get away with just a set of resistance bands. Our set was a gift so we got all the extras but I couldn't so a pull-up (I might be able to now but I haven't tried) so I do my workouts with the bands and have good results. I did think the cardio videos were kind of weak so I do insanity cardio or just go running on cardio days and then do the strength training on alternate days.

The workouts are about the same length which is nice so its easy to plan into your day and the convenience is definitely a bonus. I would recommend both overall it just depends on your goals.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of disappointed at all of these people saying they gave up certain workouts because they "didn't have time." Nobody "has" time you have to "make" time. And even then, you only get out what you put into it. I work 2 jobs and go to school full time + all the regular housework / yard work / etc. and I make time to workout every day because it's important. If I can do it so can anyone else.
  • amberly0789
    Options
    Hey girlie!!

I don't know about the other workouts, but Tapout XT is a new workout that I have been trying and I can definitely tell I am getting results!! I've only been doing it for a week but you can burn up to 1200 calories per workout and the workouts are only 45-50 minutes long!! It only requires a resistance band and it comes with the kit. When I started I couldn't even do a push up....but I definitely can now...I tried the yoga workout yesterday and by the end of the workout I could grab my toes and hold it!!

It works and it is definitely worth the money!!
    Good Luck,
    Amber
  • jenmcblais
    Options
    I just completed P90X i would say that it is the best work out EVER. phase 1 i lost 7 inches, it is deffinately worth the money. I am now considering doing insanity or another round of p90x, i havent fully decided. But I promise ANYONE who is skeptical to try it because of the cost IT REALLY WORKS, i love it. Infact i saw more chanes in my first month of P90x the i did 3 months at the gym,
  • suzetteblackburn
    suzetteblackburn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love JM Body Revolution. I have done Billy Blanks, Mitch Gaylord, Denise Austin and others. She mixes it up and takes your muscles through continued confusion which burns fat and builds muscles. I love the 30 min workout. I can do that. I am a fan!
  • blondemakeupqueen
    Options
    I completed P90x and got good results....body more toned and a bit of muscle definition but it was soooo time consuming! It is about 58 minutes a day and then add in the ab ripper almost every other day and add on 14 minutes for that. Its not very cardio heavy except for the plyo and only a few other ones. After P90x I bought Body Revolution and I love it! It's only a half hour a day and its more cardio than P90x but still has weight training in it. I figure that if you take out all of Tonys talking,standing around and the super long warm ups and cool downs.....it's about a half hour drawn out into an hour.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I LOOVEEE body revolution. The cardio DVDs are INTENSE. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!