Six months in - 40% there, and lessons learned

Options

Replies

• wooze63
    wooze63 Posts: 34
    Options
    You have done great!!! Thank you for sharing as I also have some of the same roadblocks in my past "diets".
  • melinda_great
    melinda_great Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this! congratulations on your weight loss!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far!! And I love the tips you gave!! Thnk you!
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    AWESOME POST!! Thank you for sharing this with us, all you said is sooo true!! CONGRATS on losing 45 lbs! That is a HUGE accomplishment!! Thanks for giving me the motivation I need to keep pushing forward!! I have also lost 45 lbs, my before and progress pics really show off all my hardwork!! For some reasoI'veve been constantly losing and gaining the same 2 lbs for 3 weeks!! :( but I haven't given up, nor have I given up the food I LOVE!!! Hope you don't mind but I'm sending a friend request!! :))
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lavvender
    lavvender Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just bookmarked your Blog.... I get the feeling I'm going to need to refer to it down the road! Thank-you for this Blog post!!!
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great work! Bump!
  • Kdgengler
    Kdgengler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This was awesome motivation, thanks for sharing what's working for you!
  • DeterminedRealist
    DeterminedRealist Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to record your reflections on your first 6 months and share it with the rest of us. Your private journey is an inspiration to so many of us here on MFP. I too, needed to hear your words of encouragement today. We started about the same time and have lost about the same amount of weight so far. The plateau that I am currently on is weighing on me heavily, pun intended, but unfortunately too true.

Some of what you mention is new to me and I would like to know more. I will have to put in some research and re-read this post often.
  • suadvani
    suadvani Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    45lbs in 6 months is fantastic.. I wish id lost that much.. but i cant blame anyone but my self..

Planning on getting back on mfp and really working at loosing the weight, getting fitter, and feeling happier with myself starting tomorrow.

I totally love what you wrote - exactly what i needed to read after coming back after a long hiatus...

Thank you and good luck on the rest of your journey!

:)
  • KBear68
    KBear68 Posts: 16
    Options
    " I know, I know - not that impressive "

WHAT?!?!? Well, I am impressed!
  • twangmeister
    twangmeister Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great insights. I rarely lurk on the forum but you articulated much of what I'd been thinking about in a concise and honest way. And congratulations on your impressive accomplishment.
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post. It is not only helpful but very positive and hopeful! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, they are very encouraging.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...this was very helpful for me especially the part about not making deadlines and remembering that this is not a race!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Thanks to someone for bumping this up apparently....those are fantastic insights and I've put them on my fridge as they really hit home for me. I can relate to all 9 of them, definitely words to live by.

Great job on the weight loss. It's posts like yours that keep me inspired.
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congrats on the weight loss- 45 lbs. in 6 months is AWESOME!! :smile:
  • emilywagers13
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this:flowerforyou:
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm three months in and have only lost 12lbs but its more than I've lost before. Thanks for the post.
  • PennyLorraine
    PennyLorraine Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    It's refreshing to see someone who knows this isn't a race! It's about a lifestyle change and making better decisions for themselves.

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your journey:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!