What's for breakfast?

Options
So this morning I took in a total of 700 calories for breakfast!! It's my first day actually tracking it so now to get to my question ;

I am heading off to the grocery store, what would you recommend I pick up that will be good to stay under 400 calories?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    A 3 egg omelette (wtf I've tried like 6 times to spell it but it's all wrong) with an ounce of ham or turkey and about half of a bell pepper chopped up.

And toss in some cheese if you can go a bit over 400.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I really like Fage greek yogurts, especially the 2% honey. Eggland's best also makes precooked and prepeeled hard cooked eggs that I like to grab in the morning

2 eggs + 2% honey greek yogurt = 345 calories, 25g protein, 30g carbs, 14g fat.
  • cerealqueen
    cerealqueen Posts: 44
    Options
    cereal :)
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Greek yogurt 1 cup = 120 calories and 24 grams of protein, 9 carbs, Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. 2 eggs scrambled 2 tablespoons of salsa =160 calories :)
  • melhmltn2
    melhmltn2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I mixed two eggs, fresh cut spinach, a sprinkle of shredded cheese and my favorite spices beat together and baked in the oven at 375 and they were delicious!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 hard boiled eggs, Fage yogurt w/ some fruit or apricot fruit spread during the week. Weekends - frozen Kashi waffle topped w/ warm mixture of blueberries, peaches and honey or whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter and 2 hard boiled eggs. During the winter it is usually OATMEAL w/ some fruit.
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I almost always make a little burrito every morning. I mix it up a little, but it's usually a little brown rice, some black beans, sometimes a little egg, and a slice of cheese in a whole wheat tortilla. I love the guererro whole wheat tortillas. Microwave for a minute and its ready to go! If I'm pressed for time I'll wrap it up in some tin foil and eat it later at my desk. you can add a little salsa, hot sauce, whatever you want on top.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelets with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheese. I eat these pretty regularly, and they are well below 400 calories. I also add pico de gallo, and sometimes picante sauce on top. Ooooh, I can't wait until morning to make one!

Here's an example of one:

11rrr76.jpg
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!!
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had a 2 Egg Omelette with a bit of Cheese, and a Low fat Coffee.

Yummy :)

I usually just have 2 pieces of toast with Jam on Days that I'm working
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
    PAM spray
    Eggs
    Sausage/other breakfast meat/Turkey bacon
    Strawberries/blueberries/raspberries
    Greek yogurt

Mix and match to stay around 300 calories :)
  • melhmltn2
    melhmltn2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That looks good!
  • shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    whole wheat waffle with PB2 and sugar free fruit spread. and coffee
  • mhilletework
    mhilletework Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A 2-eggs omelette with a cup of baby spinach and A tbs of your fab cheese with some spices, = 186 cals.
  • Busymomo5
    Busymomo5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like steel cut oats with 1tbs of honey and 2tbs of flax seed. Also, coffee mixed with milk.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I mixed two eggs, fresh cut spinach, a sprinkle of shredded cheese and my favorite spices beat together and baked in the oven at 375 and they were delicious!
    ^^^This - I eat eggs and meat every morning. Even adding vegies and avocado it is usually still under 400 calories. I don't eat toast though.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You can make a cheese, turkey bacon, egg and bread sammich! Get the Sara lee 45& delightful bread..

2 slices = 90
    1oz cheese = 110
    2 slice turkey bacon = 70
    Egg = 70

Total 340
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Usually two fried eggs on two pieces of dry Healthy Life wheat toast. 210 calories total.

2 eggs = 140 cals
    2 toast = 70 cals
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    My breakfast today: Dannon Activia Light Yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup pumpkin flax granola ... total of 256 calories and super tasty!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    -Egg+very thinly sliced cheese on a whole wheat toast

- Oatmeal + honey + some fruits

-Omelet of egg+lots of tomatoes+very little onion+some bell pepper+little bit of cheese on top of it.

All about be about 400 calories or less