Does anyone know where...

Options
Ohkay, So I've been thinking and have heard some great success stories with the p90x programs. I am looking to get them. I need to step up this workout game and since paying for a gym every month right now is not in my budget, I'm very interested. Does anyone know where I can order the program and what else do I need with the program?
Thanks ahead!!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• fishtetris
    Options
    go to www.beachbody.com. All you need are free weights or bands and a pull up bar would be good too.
    It is an awesome program btw.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I love love love this program - I started a few weeks ago - and it is intense but awesome! You can buy it online, or at Sportcheck (or other sporting good stores). You are going to need:
    - heart rate monitor (optional, but highly recommended)
    - weights (probably 8's, 10's, 12's to start)
    - a pull up bar and possibly resistance bands if you can do less than 1 full pull up
    - a mat for yoga and ab ripper (I have a thick pilates mat - thicker than yoga mat, but good on carpet)

Good luck and let us know what you think of it!
    Betty
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    go to www.beachbody.com. All you need are free weights or bands and a pull up bar would be good too.
    It is an awesome program btw.
    thanks for the reply. I'm hoping it will turn this flab into FAB :] I don't think I'll be able to use a pull up bar being as in I have an AC Separation in my left shoulder from a quad accident that need surgery and soon. I can't see me lifting my own weight with my arm like that so could I still do the program without it? I found the site! :] YaY! Next paycheck I think I'm going to order. Thanks for the help!:heart:
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love love love this program - I started a few weeks ago - and it is intense but awesome! You can buy it online, or at Sportcheck (or other sporting good stores). You are going to need:
    - a pull up bar and possibly resistance bands if you can do less than 1 full pull up
    - a mat for yoga and ab ripper (I have a thick pilates mat - thicker than yoga mat, but good on carpet)

Betty
    Thank you for all the info :flowerforyou: I think I can handle intense, maybe :grumble: No, seriously I always push through! I want this so bad, to be fit that is! If I can't use the pullup bar can I still do the program? :drinker:
  • fishtetris
    Options
    you can still do the program, but get some bands to go with weights so you can do his alternate exercise for pull ups.
  • 135gratitude
    Options

Betty
    Thank you for all the info :flowerforyou: I think I can handle intense, maybe :grumble: No, seriously I always push through! I want this so bad, to be fit that is! If I can't use the pullup bar can I still do the program? :drinker:

Yep - just like fishtetris :smile: said, you just hook the bands up to the pull up bar. I am almost done phase 1, and still cannot do a single push up, but I am using 8-15 lb weights, and I started at 5 lbs. You will improve pretty quickly. My upper body strength sucks, so I'm still doing sets of 15 "girl" style push ups - but the whole program is based on the princicple of doing what is a push for you, and advancing.

Good luck - you will LOVE IT!!!
    :love: