Over 50 and Fabulous?

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for a supportive group of women friends ages 50+ come join us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/604347-women-ages-50-for-may-2012?page=3#posts-8764728

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm also a vegetation

Funny, you don't look like a plant.

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

LOL. Proof reading is over rated. Actually, i kind of like it. But if I were a plant, I'd forget to water myself.

Eh, that doesn't sound right either....
  • stepwas
    stepwas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    51 here and I just started about 2 weeks ago. I've lost a few pounds, but need to be accountable to someone. I was almost to my goal with weight watchers when I stopped and thought I could do it by myself the rest of the way. I then had to have foot surgery and was not able to exercise like I should. One year later I'm back to where I was. I would love to lose about 20 lbs this summer!!!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm also a vegetation

Funny, you don't look like a plant.

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

LOL. Proof reading is over rated. Actually, i kind of like it. But if I were a plant, I'd forget to water myself.

Eh, that doesn't sound right either....

Best quit while yer behind LOL
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just checking in this morning. Did great yesterday until last night. What is it about night time eating?? I had and apple and 3 cups of popcorn. Woke up in the middle of the night with a tummy ache. Ouch!
  • stepwas
    stepwas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always have trouble with evening snacking. lately I have been wanting some chocolate, so I bought some dark chocolate bars and have small square, usually that helps my craving.
  • TVGal63
    TVGal63 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi There,
    I just turned 49 and would love to be fabulous at 50!! Does that count? Just started today, but would also like any support that I can get!
  • TVGal63
    TVGal63 Posts: 8
    Options
    I always have trouble with evening snacking. lately I have been wanting some chocolate, so I bought some dark chocolate bars and have small square, usually that helps my craving.

Same here! I am trying the jello sugar free snacks (only 10cals per serving) with a tbsp fat free whipped cream. While it's not as good as chocolate (sigh!) it has helped me when those evening cravings hit!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have to really be careful about eating later in the evening because I will get reflux. That will go away when I lose some weight but for now I dont have much choice. I guess thats a blessing in disguise. :) Hope you are feeling better.
  • carefulkate
    carefulkate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 59 with 18 lbs to lose would love to be in the group my problems are exercise (lack of hate it) and chocolate (love it) will try to reverse them promise x
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Definitely feeling better! Not sure weight has that much to do with my reflux. Might be more like too much snacking too late at night. Tonight will be a better night!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better! An apple and popcorn is a lot of fiber, which could be an issue. Me, I've always been a night owl so I eat most of my calories at night, after I work out. I guess I'm used to it since I don't have any problems with it.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, and 52 is hurtling towards me at quite some pace! I have about 30lbs still to lose so would love to join this group for a bit of support and motivation, please. My main downfall is buffets I am discovering :O( I go on holiday in about 3 weeks time so I really do want to have got down as far as I can before we leave. Logging will be difficult, if not impossible, while we're away.
  • Joni621
    Joni621 Posts: 1
    Options
    I joined two weeks ago. I have not logged my food or exercise. Tomorrow morning I am starting to log both faithfully. I need friends who will hold me accountable. You can add me.
  • MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Myra,

You've had a lot of great responses. I'm a 56 yo, married female. In January I decided I was going to loose the weight this year. All I had to was decide on which plan I was going to use...WW, Jenny Craig, South Beach, etc.....trouble is...I found myself in April and I still didn't have a plan! So I decided to just get started!!! I had heard a co-worker talking about MFP and I decided to try it! Thank goodness I did!

Anyone looking for friends to support & encourage each other, feel free to add me!!

Cynde
  • bonnie053
    bonnie053 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im 54 and would love to be in your group. I have lost 30 and having the hardest time getting the last 10 off. Whats the plan? Will we meet here each day? I am just getting used to MFP.
  • baby10660
    baby10660 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 52. I've been trying to lose weight for years but I am obviously doing something wrong. I need TONS of motivation to stick with it. I need to lose about 45 pounds. I am also a vegetarian (actually eggetarian :) as I do eat eggs). Please add me to your 50plus motivational group.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    OK, so I'm a bit older than 50, but at 62, I'm feeling pretty good. I am finally at a normal BMI and no longer overweight, and probably more fit than I have been in 40 years. BUT, summer is normally a bad time for me with the eating so I wanted to join in to help keep me on track. I know I will be pretty good with the exercise, but the eating will be a problem for me. I just love ice cream way too much and enjoy drinking wine and eating snacks out on the deck. Hoping to maintain over the summer.
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and fabulous! Add me! I'm losing weight at a turtle's pace - probably like many of you ladies! I've only lost 7 lbs since the beginning of the year, but I don't have a whole lot to lose, so I expected it to be slow.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    So many of us in the same boat! It's a good time to get with the program and get that weight off. I'm 57, have been using MFP for about 18 months, the pounds are coming off slowly but it takes a long time to teach an old dog new tricks. :laugh:

My daily mantra: :bigsmile: Eat less, move more, drink your water, get your Omega-3s, track your potassium, cut a few carbs, stay away from sugar, and by all means yak a lot with friends!

The thread started by barbiecat, "Women Ages 50+ for May Part 2" (listed in the Motivation and Support forums) is a great spot to visit and post.

Good luck everyone!

:drinker: jb